Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
I've been waiting for this LP to be posted! I'm considering switching to Excalibur to participate with the thread, I could use some people to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
If anyone is jumping in, getting to level 10 is fairly painless for any of the classes. Level 10 - 15 is a bit slow for some classes but once you hit 15, it really starts to pick up speed. Once CrashScreen gets further in, I'm sure he'll touch on some level tricks that people commonly ignore.

I switched around my class so many times playing this game. Leveled a Thaumaturge to 35 before switching to a Conjurer, got that to level 40 before I realized I didn't like it and then switched to the Arcanist which is now my main. I've been playing a lot of the Archer now and that's probably going to become my main.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that today marks the one year anniversary of the launch of A Realm Reborn! If your playing in game, there are some commemorative items you can pick up to celebrate.

Here's to another great year!

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
So I logged on today for the anniversary event and Square did something that I thought was really neat.

At the end of 1.0 when the world was destroyed, they had the song from the End of an Era trailer, "Answers", playing in the background of the game audio. Today, if you went to any of the festival areas in the three major cities, they had Answers playing in the background. I had no idea it was coming and it was a very nice touch.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Torrannor posted:

That was not much of a dance.

That weather forecaster is a nice idea. I assume you need certain extreme weather to forger special gear? Or is weather important for some quests?

It's related to some achievements in game but that's about it.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
The best song in this game, hands down, is Ul'Dah's night theme, "Sultana Dreaming". Maybe it's just the piano in it but once I heard that theme when I started playing, I was sold. Months later, it's still my favorite.

Also, sorry about the video. It was the only one that had the original track.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Well the new expansion was just announced for Spring of next year. Looks like your going to have more work to do Crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

CrashScreen posted:

If someone would like to LP their class' quests then I'm pretty okay with it. I'd like to also cover Conjurer, since I'll have to level it for a specific reason anyway. Beyond that, and so long as they avoid spoilers and progressing they're class passed where I am, I don't see any problem with it. What's the class you're thinking of anyway?

It's an MMO anyway, so that'd be kind of appropriate actually, haha.

I've been meaning to message you about this but I would be more than willing to go through the Arcanist story.

• Locked thread