Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, that FFXIV 1.0 server shutdown video was amazing! Much better than the Cataclysm intro for WoW. It must have been even more amazing for the players who knew the characters and the backstory.

FFXIV 2.0 looks very interesting. If I wasn't burned out from ever playing MMO's again because of WoW I would probably give it a try. But I will be following this LP, it's already off to a great start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So do you get benefits while resting at an inn or why do you need to complete a quest first to be able to do it?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That was not much of a dance.

That weather forecaster is a nice idea. I assume you need certain extreme weather to forger special gear? Or is weather important for some quests?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I paid much more attention to everything around me as a tank than as a damage dealer in WoW. As a tank you position bosses correctly, look out for additional spawning monsters and take especially great care not to stand in things that one-shot you, because losing a tank is nearly always a wipe. On the other hand, racing with others to be first on the damage meters makes you a bit less attentive to you surroundings.

So you can play as every job by simply equipping the relevant weapon? Could you decide to turn Crash Course into a full time healer? Would you be as strong as someone who started as conjurer?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
As someone who hasn't played FFXIV, these updates are interesting, but I wouldn't mind getting on with the meat of the game. The in-depth scouting of the cities could perhaps be done a bit later as "bonus" updates, when we have already seen more of the world outside.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Jumping is an important part of these kind of RPGs, screw the haters.

Since you did not start with any headgear, I take it it's a no-brainer to wear the moogle cap? Can you toggle helmets like in other (MMO)RPGs?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rogue Lemon posted:

drat it, CrashScreen. Stop making this world look so interesting. I've been MMORPG-free for 5 years. :argh:

I'm seriously considering testing the trial version. I've been MMO(Wow)-free for three years now, but this game looks interesting enough to reawaken my addiction :ohdear:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That Thancred guy gets on my nerves. The quest giver was entirely right, at least from the first impression he does like the sound of his voice too much.

And hey, gold sellers. Every MMO is the same.

So, is that lady the sultana's daughter or something?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Glad that the LP is not dead.

At what level does party based content become important?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I would be fine with both events, especially to see the differences between both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That Christmas Lalafell is awesome.

Sorry to hear that CrashScreen. Take your time with the update, we can wait.

• Locked thread