Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Teams have until Tuesday to get down to 75 players, then 53 by next Saturday.

Teams will often cut some veterans now that have the capability to play as a chance for them to catch on with new teams before the scramble next weekend.

Teams will also cut aging veterans and then bring them back once week 1 starts so their contracts aren't guaranteed. That's business.

The Jets have cut 6 already to reach 75, notably cutting Patriots 2011 2nd round pick CB Ras-I Dowling and Raiders 2010 4th rounder Jacoby Ford.

The Patriots made a few cuts as well:

DT Tommy Kelly - 34, went on IR last season, and looked slower, but still modestly effective. Teams desperate for a space eating DT should take a look.
DE Will Smith - 33, missed last year with an injury, looked slow and ineffective this preseason. Possibly a stopgap for a team, but probably done.
LB James Anderson - 31. Played for the Bears last year, looked okay but didn't do much this preseason.

Bears just cut QB Jordan Palmer. NO DON'T.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tiquan Underwood has been cut if anyone needs some fly rear end hair on their team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jordan Palmer cut. We are one Cutler heartbeat away from Pickles :getin:

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have waived defensive end Theo Agnew, linebacker Brendan Daley, linebacker Darin Drakeford, safety Devonta Glover-Wright, wide receiver Julian Jones, quarterback Jeff Mathews, linebacker Walker May, running back Jerome Smith, wide receiver Tramaine Thompson, and tight end Brian Wozniak. The club also placed offensive lineman Mike Johnson and linebacker Marquis Spruill on injured reserve, in addition to placing wide receiver Drew Davis and safety Zeke Motta on the Physically Unable to Perform list, and released safety Tyrell Johnson.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles cuts

LB Jake Knott

DE Joe Kruger
DE Alejandro Villanueva
DE Frank Mays

DB Davon Morgan
S Daytawion Lowe

TE Emil Igwenagu
TE Blake Annen

OT Michael Bamiro
G Karim Barton
OT Donald Hawkins

WR Kadron Boone
WR B.J. Cunningham

K Spear

Nothing unexpected so far.

Kalli posted:

DT Tommy Kelly - 34, went on IR last season, and looked slower, but still modestly effective. Teams desperate for a space eating DT should take a look.

That's kind of a surprise. I thought Kelly looked alright out there.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Claw Massage posted:

The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have waived defensive end Theo Agnew, linebacker Brendan Daley, linebacker Darin Drakeford, safety Devonta Glover-Wright, wide receiver Julian Jones, quarterback Jeff Mathews, linebacker Walker May, running back Jerome Smith, wide receiver Tramaine Thompson, and tight end Brian Wozniak. The club also placed offensive lineman Mike Johnson and linebacker Marquis Spruill on injured reserve, in addition to placing wide receiver Drew Davis and safety Zeke Motta on the Physically Unable to Perform list, and released safety Tyrell Johnson.

loving Mike Johnson. It amazes me that some guys just cannot stay healthy for poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

The Panthers cut 10 players on Sunday, including wide receivers Tiquan Underwood, Marvin McNutt, Kealoha Pilares and Toney Clemons.

Carolina also released tackle Oscar Johnson, defensive linemen Lindon Gaydosh, Alex Hall and Craig Roh, linebacker Anthony Morales and punter Jordan Gay.

Farewell McNutt.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Kinda sad to see Will Smith fade away. Had some good years wtih My Home Team. :(

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kibner posted:

Kinda sad to see Will Smith fade away. Had some good years wtih My Home Team. :(

His Bounties-Paid-Out stats led the league.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Tommy Kelly is hilarious and I hope the Raiders bring him back for the vet min

edit: Just kidding give us all of your good corners

looking at you seattle

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Alan Branch, Bills' DT who got a lucrative extension last season and was arrested last night for a DUI after vomiting out the window of his car, belongs in this thread.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

That makes sense. It's not like Jordan Palmer looked any better than Clausen at all, and he's older. Unless Trestman can only work with old-rear end QBs.

ohshi-

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Farewell McNutt.

I'm kinda bummed about Pilares. He looked like he at least had some value at kick return, but I guess his injury setbacks were too much to overcome.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

I'm kinda bummed about Pilares. He looked like he at least had some value at kick return, but I guess his injury setbacks were too much to overcome.

Probably means Philly brown has a spot.

I imagine King makes it over Bersin.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders cut

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College
Auffray, Kyle TE 6-5 254 1 New Hampshire
Cleary, Emmett T 6-7 324 1 Boston College
Cole, Justin LB 6-3 240 4 San Jose State
Davis, Mike WR 6-0 189 R Texas
Troup, Torell DT 6-3 320 4 UCF

Watson, Jansen CB 5-9 177 R Iowa State
Vaughn, Rahsaan WR 6-1 190 1 Oregon

Mike Davis catches everything thrown his way and Torell Troup is good depth

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Davis is also an rear end in a top hat who'll cut a db's leg 30 seconds after the whistle is blown

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 25, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks cuts rolling in. Terrell Thomas and Jackson Jeffcoat are the first two.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Benne posted:

Seahawks cuts rolling in. Terrell Thomas and Jackson Jeffcoat are the first two.

Too bad about Jeffcoat, was hoping he could be another UDFA steal. Looked real bad during preseason though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

How is Terrell Thomas though?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Blitz7x posted:

How is Terrell Thomas though?

He's done. I'm really surprised Jeffcoat got the ax though.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's done. I'm really surprised Jeffcoat got the ax though.

He accounted for $15k from their $80k for UDFAs. It's hard to be too disappointed in a UDFA, but I was hoping he'd emerge from the pile as a monster.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:rip: to all the dreams of many men.

*pours out gatorade*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Rob Jackson, the only remaining member of the Redskins 08 draft class, was cut today. He was a good backup to have around, but that's all he was and all he'll ever be.

Oh by the way he was a compensatory 7th round pick in the 08 draft. Seriously, it's an impressive list of complete whiffs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

PrinceRandom posted:

Mike Davis is also an rear end in a top hat who'll cut a db's leg 30 seconds after the whistle is blown

:gonk:

Da fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Eifert Posting posted:

:gonk:

Da fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

he's a huge piece of poo poo and his college career is a douchebag highlight reel

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
drat, I remembered this as Davis. Still worth posting:

Anyway he posted some half assed not even close to a real apology on twitter after getting called out about it "I play to the whistle ..... Sorry I was taught that."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Mike Davis catches everything thrown his way

Obviously not.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

It would be amazing if Pickles can luck into some good games and get traded to the Rams for a first rounder. Just saying Jay, I think your back hurts or something.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Grittybeard posted:

drat, I remembered this as Davis. Still worth posting:

Anyway he posted some half assed not even close to a real apology on twitter after getting called out about it "I play to the whistle ..... Sorry I was taught that."

I'll never get tired of this gif

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Notable Bears cuts aside from Palmer:

Nate Collins, noted former PFF Secret Superstar was cut coming off of an ACL tear. Not really surprising, but still disappointing. He couldn't beat out either rookie.

Jorden Senn, noted trash linebacker but good special teamer. Kinda shocking that he was cut, they brought him in to replace Costanzo on special teams. I guess this means that Christian Jones has a good chance to make the team?

Adrian Wilson, former probowler. Dude was a complete shell of his former self and couldn't beat Danny loving McCray or Ryan "Busted Coverage" Mundy for a starting spot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aside from bunch of nobodies, Derek Cox and Mistral Raymond are reportedly being cut by the Vikings.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Texans cut

WR Joe Adamns
WR Alec Lemon
NT David Hunter
NT Austin Brown
OLB Terrance Lloyd
OLB Lawrence Sidbury
CB Junior Mertile
C/OG Sam Longo
RB William Powell

Lemon might be an ok pickup for someone, he looked good last year but ended up being an IR stash

The Texans also sent David Quessenberry to NFI/IR. Originally it was reported he was sent to IR which would grant him a year of service time and build toward his retirement benefits, and the move was being lauded as classy considering he has lymphoma, but whoops!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns cuts

Waived:
DB Royce Adams
RB Edwin Baker
OL Randall Harris
DB T.J. Heath
DL Cam Henderson
WR Jonathan Krause
OL Ryan Lee
LB Caleb McSurdy
OL Keavon Milton
LB Keith Pough
WR Tim Smith
OL Jeremiah Warren
TE Martell Webb

Contract terminated:
WR Anthony Armstrong

Nobody of note here, not sure Tim Smith saw the field. Armstrong was OK, Baker was OK in real action last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jackson Jeffcoat and Terrell Thomas among the Seahawks cuts.

I'll take both of them, Idzik.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cards cut Lindley and Feely.

Ravens cut Austin Spitler, Nick DiMarco, David Mims, Marrio Norman, Cierre Wood and Richie Leone.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ozu posted:

TT is not going to help your secondary as much as you'd like to hope. Dude has no knees and is slower than a special child swimming in molasses.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man I had such high hopes for Cierre Wood

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Intruder posted:

Man I had such high hopes for Cierre Wood

Wood had a huge opportunity, RB was pretty much an open competition. With the Rice suspension, Taliaferro's legal troubles, and the general lack of production last year we might go into this season with five RBs. I doubt he'll make it anywhere.

Brett Van Sloten was waived too, he sprained his mcl which probably had something to do with it. Way too slow to be a tackle, even before the injury. Could be good depth at guard for someone in the future.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

Eh... Jeffcoat didn't really look that great. He's likely practice squad fodder at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts cuts:

CB Johnny Adams
CB Qua Cox
CB Kameron Jackson
OG Andre Cureton
OG Marcus Hall
S David Sims
FB Cameron White
OLB Jonathan Sharpe
WR Nu'Keese Richardson
WR Eric Thomas
WR Tony Washington

No real surprises here. I had thought earlier in the offseason that Qua Cox was a steal of a UDFA, but after an impressive minicamp he really just disappeared. Still 4 more cuts to make by the deadline.

• Locked thread