Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ardemia posted:

People that work in kitchens, that's who wears crocs.

also doctors/surgeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

I like to have a pair or two of no effort grocery store shoes crocs qualify

Like $20 on amazon

This is what converse are for

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
hospitals are the worst place imaginable to wear open shoes other than maybe a meat processing plant or a biological weapons facility

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

comes along bort posted:

hospitals are the worst place imaginable to wear open shoes other than maybe a meat processing plant or a biological weapons facility

The Gathering of the Juggalos

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
i pass one of their shops sometimes and it seems to be mostly frequented big flowery dress menopause ladies and also old beard and glasses on a chain guys

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
I used to wear em when i worked in a kitchen. at end of night can just run em through dishwasher was good as new.i switched to boots though once i spilled buncha super hot soup on my feet.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

comes along bort posted:

The facilities where I've worked would send your rear end home for wearing open toed anything at work. Get some comfortable shoes and wear shoe covers and you're pretty much good.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

most of the practical reasons to wear crocs are shared by basically anything made by Shoes For Crews and they don't look nearly as stupid

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Callick posted:

i used to wear fivefingers before they were popular in 2007 or so, and they really are quite durable and comfortable. i live in texas where the summers are brutally hot most of the time and having the wind blow through the holes and cool your feet off while you're walking around town was really nice. my feet never smelled and the shoes were easy to clean (you could throw them in the dishwasher or just hose em off or whatever).

i stopped wearing them when they got popular because it's cool to hate popular utility things that deviate from the norm and i didn't feel like being targeted by random people for wearing shoes

I hear you. poo poo was great before pop culture started mocking popular non-norm things. I feel the same, except about the fedora.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 25, 2014

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

most of the practical reasons to wear crocs are shared by basically anything made by Shoes For Crews and they don't look nearly as stupid

Am I missing something? They look exactly like Crocs to me.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Am I missing something? They look exactly like Crocs to me.

they're closed and those won't slip. crocs are the stupidest bullshit that ever caught on

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Nonsense posted:

they're closed and those won't slip. crocs are the stupidest bullshit that ever caught on

I'm not trying to actually have an argument about clogs here but I don't understand how Crocs look stupid but these don't if they look identical. Like my Crocs look identical to these & they're non-slip too so what am I missing?

Trixie Hardcore fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 25, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I'm not trying to actually have an argument about clogs here but I don't understand how Crocs look stupid but these don't if they look identical. Like my Crocs look identical to these & they're non-slip too so what am I missing?

There's no functional difference, just the nonslip crocs are a little more expensive.

Also who gives a poo poo if you wear em in a kitchen, if you wear your work shoes outside of work you're a dong and a dummy.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

This is how my father cleans the gutters.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Rujo King posted:

This is how my father cleans the gutters.

while im inside railing your mom.

cuck one cuck all.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Appalachian Trail hikers. They don't weigh anything, can be worn semi-safely (compared to flip flops for sure) around camp at night, and nobody gives a poo poo about being unfashionable out in the woods.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I wear them as house shoes. They're really good when you sweep and mop. And you really don't give a gently caress if you get bleach or cleanser on them becuase they pretty much indestructable

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
People who work on their feet and old ladies who have arthritis.

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
If you guys think crocs are bad check out crocs butter - it's exactly as bad as it sounds - it's poo poo you put inside your crocs for god knows what reason.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

This guy is sitting next to me here and he has a pair of hot green Crocs on. At one point he went into a store, saw the crocs, thought "hey now there's a stylish pair of shoes!", and then bought them (even though he was probably aware of the stigma that comes with wearing them).

But seriously. Do you know literally even a single person who wears Crocs or forces their children to wear Crocs, who isn't a piece of human garbage?

I agree. Why pay for crocs when you can have chinese knockoffs for 5 dollars.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dads

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

We are a multi-croc family; I have crocs which I wear when I'm doing stuff that requires me to go in and out of the house a lot, stuff that stains normal shoes (painting, mowing the lawn). My wife wears them as slippers indoors because we have a 3 year old and the floors sometimes get covered in play-dough or lego or sea-shells or food or whatever. My three year old wears them because they are easy for him to put on and take off and he cant ruin them when digging for worms or jumping in muddy puddles. Crocs have their place. What we don't do is wear them in public.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I wouldn't say they're any worse than Toms for men.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I don't know if this should be it's own thread but

What's worse, Crocs or Toe Shoes

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I paid extra money to get crocs that don't look like crocs, so am I king of the nerds now?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Crocs are great because you can just hose them off or throw them in the dishwasher. I have a pair I wear when gardening & a pair for mopping the floors. I assume people who hate Crocs are wearing an obscure & hip non-skid, washable work shoe or are avoiding physical labor altogether.

They're good for boating and fishing for the same reasons, plus if you drop them overboard accidentally, they float.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Crocs are bad because they are popular

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
nurses while nursing

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ZombieParts posted:

I don't know if this should be it's own thread but

What's worse, Crocs or Toe Shoes

Oh christ toe shoes toe shoes

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

If you're going to the pool, the beach, or goofing around the house, crocs and knock offs are awesome. They are just too easy to clean and keep you from getting ccut on broken glass and used heroin needles

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I'm pretty sure if I didn't have like 3 pairs of old converse + a pair of sandals, I would wear crocs. I can go weeks without wearing socks (I basically just wear the sandals as long as it isn't below 40 degrees) and I have the worn out with holes in them converse to do yardwork and poo poo.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The holes in Crocs are for where your dignity leaks out

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i think you'll find they're very stylish op, and the perfect accompaniment to my utilikilt.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Couple things I want to know:

1) Why are people are doing messy jobs in what are essentially open slippers?

2) Why are people spending $30 on work shoes when there are other pairs for nearly half as much that have the same benefits but with the bonus of not looking like someone who could poo poo themselves at any moment?

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 25, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

2) Why are people spending $30 on work shoes when there are other pairs for nearly half as much that have the same benefits but with the bonus of not looking like someone who could poo poo themselves at any moment?

i mostly see frat bros wearing them so i can understand the animosity goons have for crocs

synftw
Jun 14, 2007
Chaos-Gnostic Satanist
If I see crocs on someone's feet I'll instantly assume that person is socially awkward and must be avoided before a conversation starts that I want no part of. They're basically the goony business jacket of footwear.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Robo Reagan posted:

i mostly see frat bros wearing them so i can understand the animosity goons have for crocs

I usually see them on rich, older guys. It's always a garish polo, khaki shorts, and crocs; I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to make a statement by dressing so terribly.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

I usually see them on rich, older guys. It's always a garish polo, khaki shorts, and crocs; I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to make a statement by dressing so terribly.

haha yeah those rich guys sure are losers

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

MizPiz posted:

1) The alternative is full on rubber boots which are generally not very comfortable and aren't as easy to clean. If you're mowing the lawn quickly before it rains, you can throw them on, do the job, run them under the tap for 10 seconds to clean them. It's practical.

2) They are pretty well made, comfortable, cheerful, and very widely available.

I don't really get how people can get worked up about an item of footwear to make hateful posts on the internet about it though. They are good for what they are (which is definitely not stylish, but some kind of rubbery outdoor slipper-clog).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Robo Reagan posted:

haha yeah those rich guys sure are losers

They actually are. Hell, it's usually the reason why they're rich in the first place.

• Locked thread