Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not snarky
Jul 29, 2008
journalism.jpg

people go to school for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

is there anywhere i can buy a "keep calm and ice bucket on" shirt yet

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSizePotato posted:

You're spitballing some real good ideas in this thread go out there and get on this poo poo

not snarky
Jul 29, 2008

LifeSizePotato posted:

i'd buy it.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
anyone who does not actually dump a bucket of ice water on their head is bitchmode imo i dont care how much you donate

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

LifeSizePotato posted:

heeeey sexy lady ice ice ice ice bucket challenge style

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

not snarky posted:

journalism.jpg

people go to school for this.

I'm not sure vice has hired anyone that has gone to school

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Cyberball 2072 posted:

It's kinda eye opening how fast a dumb trend sweeps the zeitgeist.

That's all the thought I'm giving this.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
People at work tried to explain this to me. I just cant figure it out. Someone tells you to donate money to something, so you dump water on yourself instead? Why would anyone post videos of themselves risking hypothermia just to not give sick people some money? What?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i made a bucket of ice water my facebook avatar to end als abuse

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Someone post the Patrick stewart one

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LifeSizePotato posted:

some of the celebrity ones are still okay but you seriously don't believe 99% of the challenges on facebook are boring as heck and not funny? i genuinely think it's a fascinating thing from a sociological perspective tbh

granted, the fails can be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlvW0aFnKo

New ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Fails Fail FailArmy Pewdiepie Barack Obama Compilation Celebrities NBA Best Ultimate Sexy Hot Girls Top

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

tranime scholar posted:

New ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Fails Fail FailArmy Pewdiepie Barack Obama Compilation Celebrities NBA Best Ultimate Sexy Hot Girls Top

Eleven. Million. Clicks.

Janderbuilt
Mar 7, 2008

WoOt
"Oh, I'm sorry boss, I though you said to help you with the lice bucket challenge"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the only one thats good is the girl who got out of oral surgery an hour before cause she's bleeding everywhere and apologizing and slurring her words and tbh it got me goin

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
what a hero :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DepakUSDtQE

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Millstone posted:

Someone post the Patrick stewart one

sorry i hate to say it but its true. patrick bitched out. he Bitched out.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yo this is crazy how can half of america not be able to throw a bucket of water on themselves

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Has anyone done the debris rubble bucket challenge yet?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
someone who i know from a class in undergrad posted a video of his sister doing the challenge

he's a furry guy who is into anime, ran the school j-pop radio channel and in general just hits a lot of the checkboxes you would expect from a guy like that so i clicked the link thinking like "dear god what is his sister going to look like?"

but ill be goddamned if she wasnt smoking loving hot (until the bucket was dumped :getin:)

never judge a book by her anime loving furry brother

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Has anyone done the debris rubble bucket challenge yet?

i did it for 9/11 awareness just chucked a buncha gravel on my dumb gay head

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
OP what other charities to fight terrible diseases bother you

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
where is bill clinton's ice bucket challenge? is he perhaps... a bitch???

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Kyrie eleison posted:

where is bill clinton's ice bucket challenge? is he perhaps... a bitch???

his ice bucket challenge is getting it up to put it into hillary's ice bucket every night

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i liked jojo's author's take on it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ice bucket poo poo is just a way for white 35 year olds to attempt to reclaim vine from nonwhites, who own it so loving hard it isnt even funny

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I expect dumping ice water on your head to be as effective in the treatment of ALS as the local charity that ride bicycles up a mountain to "beat cancer" (then they spent most of the money collected on management fees and "awareness"*).

*=Funneled to PR companies ran by friends of management.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

haha it's not a very big deal, it's not very difficult to do and it makes the person doing it look funny. goons are getting so mad at this wht the gently caress is wrong with you fun haters?

starting the post off with haha to look like yuo really don't give a poo poo... a powerful technique

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Jonny 290 posted:

ice bucket poo poo is just a way for white 35 year olds to attempt to reclaim vine from nonwhites, who own it so loving hard it isnt even funny

ah yes the great vine race war

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

everyone i know who watches vines is white as poo poo

then again, even the black people i know are white as poo poo so maybe that's not a good sample set to draw conclusions from

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
this is cool because of all the snark like 'UGH how does this benefit ALS' even though this has probably driven a sh`tload of donations, and it's fun to watch a bunch of celebrities humble themselves on camera (except those who bitch out)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Kyrie eleison posted:

sorry i hate to say it but its true. patrick bitched out. he Bitched out.

Doing the ice bucket & only donating $10 is bitching out imo. Donating $100 is what a grown up is supposed to do. Like half the people in my FB feed doing the challenge seem to be forgetting the donating money part though.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Doing the ice bucket & only donating $10 is bitching out imo. Donating $100 is what a grown up is supposed to do. Like half the people in my FB feed doing the challenge seem to be forgetting the donating money part though.

my favorite part of this challenge is how many posts on my facebook go:

"Hey guys I don't have any money to donate so here's my ice bucket challenge!"

posted from my iPad

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

technically, if you dump the water on yourself aren't you absolved of the requirement to donate money?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I'm going to fill a bucket with 100 one dollar bills & make a video of myself dumping it on my head instead of donating it to raise awareness of what an rear end in a top hat I am.

LifeSizePotato posted:

technically, if you dump the water on yourself aren't you absolved of the requirement to donate money?

I'm going to make a video of myself buying a $100 indulgence from the Catholic church to absolve myself of the sin of greed.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

LifeSizePotato posted:

some of the celebrity ones are still okay but you seriously don't believe 99% of the challenges on facebook are boring as heck and not funny? i genuinely think it's a fascinating thing from a sociological perspective tbh

granted, the fails can be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlvW0aFnKo

I unironically <3 fail complications

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

LifeSizePotato posted:

that is ostensibly the point of the challenge, but its a pretty lovely thing to do if you have any kind of comfortable life/financial setup

why not do both? better yet, why not make a post saying that you donated X dollars and challenge your friends to match you rather than wasting time making the youtubes

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

that is ostensibly the point of the challenge, but its a pretty lovely thing to do if you have any kind of comfortable life/financial setup

why not do both? better yet, why not make a post saying that you donated X dollars and challenge your friends to match you rather than wasting time making the youtubes

no the point is to both dump a bucket on your head and donate. and posting how much you donate is dick move

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I'm going to fill a bucket with 100 one dollar bills & make a video of myself dumping it on my head instead of donating it to raise awareness of what an rear end in a top hat I am.

I'm going to make a video of myself buying a $100 indulgence from the Catholic church to absolve myself of the sin of greed.

charlie sheen did the same so congrats on your mind meld with chuck sheen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Can't decide if this is dumb as hell or I'm really tired and cynical

• Locked thread