Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

holocaust denial for tay sachs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Business Gorillas posted:

whack a mole for parkinson's

balance an egg on a spoon

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i still don't know what als is

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
nor do i care

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSizePotato posted:

what are your thoughts on planking

pretty funny and fresh, am i right

just as annoying as those drat skateboarding kis, amirite grandpa?

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
The taco or beer challenge has greater benefits to humanity. Eat tacos and/or drink beer, then donate to an abortion fund. http://tacoorbeerchallenge.tumblr.com/

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The soda cracker challenge to end rickets

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

yeah that's the thing, this whole thing is so harmless and it dares you to do something that may inconvenience you a little bit or help out a cause.
wait what? the point is that it's super loving stupid to challenge someone to NOT donate money and then act like you're supporting some cause

if you're going to incentivize people doing dumb poo poo to embarrass themselves on the internet it would be better to like, challenge someone to do it and they have to donate a dollar for every hour that passes before they post a video of them completing it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Straker posted:

wait what? the point is that it's super loving stupid to challenge someone to NOT donate money and then act like you're supporting some cause

if you're going to incentivize people doing dumb poo poo to embarrass themselves on the internet it would be better to like, challenge someone to do it and they have to donate a dollar for every hour that passes before they post a video of them completing it

it makes it harder for the trash who live on facebook and twitter to self-indulge if they have to do something for real

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a bone to pick posted:

someone wanted to armchair psychologist about sociopaths; I think goons get really angry at this whole thing because theyre being peer pressured into doing something they don't want to do (like jumping in a pool) and that causes them discomfort and, because they can't give a legitimate reason for not doing it other than hurting their pride, they write angry messages about it anonymously on their messaging board hoping other miserable souls will chime in and agree with them to validate their non-participation.

I think donating to charity is a good thing but I resent being told what to do by annoying people so I donated $50 to the anti-ALS group & $50 to the pro-ALS group so it would even out.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Chili cook off challenge for crohn's

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'd rather waste water than donate to a charity too

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qADFNsDxE

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Straker posted:

actually you're daring people to donate money and if they don't they can shame themselves by dumping cold water on themselves, and its great because a lot of the celebrities will dump the water on themselves AND donate.

how do you twist the facts so much to fit that weird, negative world you live in?

btw you should all do the poop bucket challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCguifTJOyw

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i just want to see when the ALS fundraising fatalities outnumber the ALS fatalities for the year

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

actually you're daring people to donate money and if they don't they can shame themselves by dumping cold water on themselves, and its great because a lot of the celebrities will dump the water on themselves AND donate.

how do you twist the facts so much to fit that weird, negative world you live in?

btw you should all do the poop bucket challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCguifTJOyw
actually it's never been described that way before ever, but your way makes it sound even more pitiful, so i guess it works too. why would anyone go to that much effort to be like "abloo bloo i'm too broke to donate so i'm going to dunk tank myself in front of the entire internet"? i mean obviously there aren't actually negative connotations like you're implying because so many people almost seem proud to do it. it's just stupid no matter how you look at it

Noblesse Obliged posted:

i just want to see when the ALS fundraising fatalities outnumber the ALS fatalities for the year
yeah seriously, at this rate it's going to be as disproportionately funded as breast cancer

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bloody knuckles challenge for hemophilia

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

has anyone done a bucket challenge wearing a kony shirt while planking with the harlem shake playing in the background

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Straker posted:

actually it's never been described that way before ever, but your way makes it sound even more pitiful, so i guess it works too. why would anyone go to that much effort to be like "abloo bloo i'm too broke to donate so i'm going to dunk tank myself in front of the entire internet"? i mean obviously there aren't actually negative connotations like you're implying because so many people almost seem proud to do it. it's just stupid no matter how you look at it

yeah seriously, at this rate it's going to be as disproportionately funded as breast cancer

keep raging against the machine you sad little fart

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

LifeSizePotato posted:

has anyone done a bucket challenge wearing a kony shirt while planking with the harlem shake playing in the background

don't forget the open gagnam style dance after they drench themselves

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bone to pick stop white knighting celebrities and go back to old gbs

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

little faggy bitch

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/ice-bucket-challenge-cash-raised-cant-fill-hole-als-research-n186356

quote:

It’s also raised $42 million — and counting — for the ALS Association. The group is almost speechless with delight and surprise. During the same time last year, it raised $2 million.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I challenged Thom Yorke to do the ice bucket challenge but he made a thirteen-minute video lambasting everyone for wasting water and whining about the state of the music industry.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it's good that it's raised a bunch of money by exploiting the sizeable boring narcissist market

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im literally shaking for als

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's good that it's raised a bunch of money by exploiting the sizeable boring narcissist market

yes a good cause made a bunch of money exploiting lovely people and GBS is getting mad it because.....

sorry-rear end motherfuckers

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How can you waste water its everywhere

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BeefThief posted:

im literally shaking for als
I can't wait for what the Parkinson's people come up with.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

LifeSizePotato posted:

some of the celebrity ones are still okay but you seriously don't believe 99% of the challenges on facebook are boring as heck and not funny? i genuinely think it's a fascinating thing from a sociological perspective tbh

granted, the fails can be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlvW0aFnKo

holy poo poo @ 2:20

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

yes a good cause made a bunch of money exploiting lovely people and GBS is getting mad it because.....

sorry-rear end motherfuckers

as far as i can tell you're the maddest person in this thread

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

yes a good cause made a bunch of money exploiting lovely people

well when you put it that way it sounds great!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bareback gloryhole for hiv

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm mad as hell tbh I guess I made my point, so gently caress ya'll

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

milk gallon challenge for bulimia

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I'm mad as hell tbh I guess I made my point, so gently caress ya'll

maybe a cold splash of water will help clear your mind and calm you down?

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
When will research for an Eczema cure get properly funded?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mail a friend a blanket for smallpox

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

bat-eating contest for ebola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy