Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
anyone who does not actually dump a bucket of ice water on their head is bitchmode imo i dont care how much you donate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
what a hero :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DepakUSDtQE

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Millstone posted:

Someone post the Patrick stewart one

sorry i hate to say it but its true. patrick bitched out. he Bitched out.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
where is bill clinton's ice bucket challenge? is he perhaps... a bitch???

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Jonny 290 posted:

ice bucket poo poo is just a way for white 35 year olds to attempt to reclaim vine from nonwhites, who own it so loving hard it isnt even funny

ah yes the great vine race war

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
this is cool because of all the snark like 'UGH how does this benefit ALS' even though this has probably driven a sh`tload of donations, and it's fun to watch a bunch of celebrities humble themselves on camera (except those who bitch out)

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

that is ostensibly the point of the challenge, but its a pretty lovely thing to do if you have any kind of comfortable life/financial setup

why not do both? better yet, why not make a post saying that you donated X dollars and challenge your friends to match you rather than wasting time making the youtubes

no the point is to both dump a bucket on your head and donate. and posting how much you donate is dick move

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

oh loving boy would i love to hear your rationale for this one

fire away

rofl

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Rambling Robot posted:

what's the point of this poo poo?

at least the planking fad rid the world off a some stupid russians.

this one has killed a brit, who presumably mistook the quarry for tea

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-28925759

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I grew up in a household where it was considered rude to brag about charity & you were supposed to give in secret which would result in stupid situations where you wouldn't want to tell your friends where you were Saturday afternoon because telling them you were preparing meals for homeless people was like bragging about it so you would constantly have these mystery gaps in your schedule that you hoped no one noticed but as an adult I realize that letting people know about your charity work encourages them to find ways to engage in charity as well. And certainly using YouTube to promote worthy causes is a valuable tool but there's definitely a point where it can become "Look at this video of ME doing a thing that is an abstract of charity to raise awareness of charity but mostly raise awareness of how charitable I want you to think I am" and I find it very off-putting and I kinda understand why my family is so weird secretive about charity work.

i think there's a balance, but as JC said...

When you give alms, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets to win the praise of others. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward.

oh thank god you were just trolling and didnt really believe that

gbs gets me sometimes

of course i believe it, it's rude to flaunt how much you give to charity because it's basically a show of wealth. obviously mega-millionaire celebrities can donate more than plebes too.

• Locked thread