Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Maaaaan. This is a fun LP. It's making me really want to pick up X-COM again, haha. I never got super far in the base game, but it looks like Enemy Within adds a lot of good new options to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Bit the bullet and ordered the 360 version of Enemy Within, since I know my PC will pretty much be a Sims 4 machine for my girlfriend until October.

(It will also be a Sims 4 machine for me :negative:)

This thread reminded me, among other things, how much fun it is to shoot up a fully destructible convenience store full of space jerks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Speedball posted:

Totally already have the reveal of his identity planned, but the hat will not come off until the late game.

Speaking from personal experience, a large number of people in a very small space WILL become a soap opera in short order.

Sorry, we'll get back to killing aliens in the next chapter.

I'm really liking the narrative that you're applying to this, Speedball. I'm super on board with the idea of gathering a bunch of randos who can think outside of the box to save the world.

I also like how the game encourages you to saw off all of a unit's limbs and turn them into a robocop if they get shot in the arm on a mission :stonk:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Speedball posted:

Next update in four hours, can I get three more posts to push it to a new page?

I'm helping :3:

Also, DANG. You've got a good panic building up there. Hopefully the next mission isn't an abduction.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Thanks for getting me back into this game, thread. All my high level officers are dead except the Assault lady, and I just shot down an Abductor ship :xcom:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Bloodly posted:

Is this 'horrifying' or 'confusion' here? And if there's a reference you're throwing, can you explain to the rest of the class?

The "Boys From Brazil" is a long-standing conspiracy theory/urban myth originating from a 1976 novel/film in which nazi scientists flee to South America to try and clone Hitler.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Feinne posted:

There need to be more transforming magical girl strategy games, done well those can be pretty fun (such as Jeanne D'Arc).

I'd love more games along these lines, where "when to transform" is a legitimate tactical choice, and not just part of the boss intro cutscene.

On topic: I can't decide if armor or lazers are more important. You'll start finding enemies with bags of HP soon, but also those enemies will be capable of one-shotting un-armored units with a crit, even with their leveled-up health.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Peanut3141 posted:

"The crystalline structure housed within the canister is actually a suspension - containing billions of cybernetic nanomachines - each made up of both organic and mechanical components."

That sounds biological to me.

Biological implies alive. Organic just means it's carbon-based. Like plastic, for example, or ethanol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Peanut3141 posted:

In colloquial use, sure.

But if we want to climb all the way up into the ivory tower, it doesn't have to involve either one of those when used academically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetics

I don't see why we wouldn't want to climb as far as possible up the ivory tower. I mean, like, that's where all the good boss fights and treasures are.

Sorry I started a weird internet argument about meld :doh:

• Locked thread