Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
My only problem with the gene mods is that they force your guys to lose their armor, which can be annoying if you had a certain Look you were going for with your squad. They're a lot of fun otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Michaellaneous posted:

Thinking of, where did the Thin Men get their suits? Like....they seem too human to be alien made, so I guess that is what they are actually doing when raiding worthless warehouses? :v:

I always assumed it was part of them.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Speedball posted:

Oh, just for discussion: What's your favorite character class?

An Assault run through the MEC trooper upgrades.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Psion posted:

magical things happened when Teal'c went off base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pUapH3_ng

Was that the same episode as when he nailed a fleeing robber with a thrown avocado from like a block away?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Speedball posted:

Archer is pretty funny but I have difficulty watching a show where everybody is all rear end in a top hat, all the time.

It makes the rare moments when they aren't assholes even better

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Speedball posted:

Oh, right, I forgot: I'm open to suggestions for new code names for Bar-Lev.

M-1

Also she really needs a helmet. The MEC Troopers look so weird with tiny heads without helmets of some kind.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

FredMSloniker posted:

You might try checking out The Definitive X-Com Commanders Guide, also in this fine subforum. Instead of a narrative LP, the LPer focuses on how to play the game right. So far he's gotten through 36 missions without losing a single soldier.

EDIT: and he's playing semi-ironman (i.e., not in-game Ironman, but only to avoid a game-breaking bug ending the LP.)

There's also YouTuber Zemalf, who goes through an entire Impossible Ironman run without losing a single mission, interceptor or soldier (and I believe it's a blind Enemy Within/Operation Progeny run at that).

The best part is that he didn't set out to do a perfect run, but his playstyle (while sometimes maddening to watch) absolutely breaks the computer over his knee.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
If only you could modify the game so that XCOM fired blue lasers and EXALT red

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Dooky Dingo posted:

Please do not talk about my fig-related PTSD TUMBLR unless you use trigger warnings first, CIS-Fruit scum.
TIA.

Please stop eating figs unless you are Asian/Mediterranean because that's cultural appropriation.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Ego Trip posted:

:colbert:

Also, everything by Iain Banks is great and worth reading. Don't be like me and read Excession as your first Culture novel, though.

I did that.

It was a heck of an introduction.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Heir03 posted:

What game is that one picture from near the beginning. The one with the guy in the old timey hat?

The XCOM third person shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Speedball posted:

I didn't notice it until now but EXALT has custom wallpaper with their logo on it.

Ah, I see EXALT went to the HYDRA school of base decoration.

• Locked thread