Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Vicevirtuoso posted:

Are those Continent Bonuses as good as they sound? Makes it seem like focusing on two or so continents to the detriment of all the others is the most viable early-game strategy until you've got the resources to handle all of them.

They all are really good (some more than others), but it's also possible to be completely locked out of them if one country in that region leaves XCOM. Due to story he also didn't mention that starting in North America gives him a continent bonus as well. He pays half for all aircraft maintenance and purchases.

Also one thing that might not be clear is how the panic system works. The country that's hit by abductions that isn't rescued has their panic meter go up twice and when it hits 5 they leave XCOM at the end of the month. This means the reason he chose Japan was to stop this. Another thing is every country in that region goes up by one as well. Meaning had he not chosen Japan both Japan and India would have left at the end of the month as well.

The reason I say the end of the month is that you have the ability to save the country with certain things (putting a satellite over the country lowers their panic by two).

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Speedball posted:

I’m gonna need to sell so MUCH alien scrap…

My biggest embarrassment about the game is that the whole first game through I didn't realize/remember you could sell things on the Gray Market. Was always wondering how you were supposed to afford anything in the game and only on my second game did I find out.

Wonderful update as always.

• Locked thread