Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sir Shion posted:

Teal'c DID get off the base from time to time. Dude had his own apartment a few episodes occurred off base about him adapting to life on earth in the general populace

Michael: So your thing, that thing, on your forehead; what's it symbolize? Peace?
Teal'c: Slavery, to false gods.
Michael: Right on. So it's made out of...?
Teal'c: Do not discuss it further.

magical things happened when Teal'c went off base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1pUapH3_ng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Speedball posted:

Pfft, by this point (the 7th update) the GuavaMoment LPs had lost 19 of its 130 casualties for UFO Defense and 14 for Apocalypse. I've lost TWO.

And for some reason every single person who can actually shoot on the team roster of initial rookies is female. I swear to God I'm not making this up, Male Watkins was the only man who didn't suck.

yeah but - let's do apples to apples, how many have they lost in their EU thread? :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Speedball posted:

VERY GOOD POINT, I will concede, but again, even that's not apples to apples because he's not allowing for a little death via dramatic tension. He is totally bringing his A-game in there.

Whereas I think the Apocalypse narrative LP started off with a suicide bomber among X-Com's ranks blowing up half the starting recruits. Hah.

that Apoc LP could be called XCOM Suicide Bomber, given how Guava both started it and ended it. For what it's worth I think you're doing fine, dramatic tension is different than "here's how to utterly own this game" so it's cool.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Feinne posted:

Yeah this whole sequence is a bunch of awesome gifts, and that Muton is one of the more amazing ones (though it should be noted he's a Chryssalid on Easy/Normal) if you can capture him.

that mission was a real pain in my rear end on Impossible, let me tell you. Of course I got that capture...but it definitely took more than one try.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, leave him be. Gene-mods if anything. Leave his hair color as-is, too, and have everyone else be immensely jealous.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Usually the best policy. But there's an achievement I had to get so I went with the gunslinger option, then kept him hiding behind a wall the rest of the time.

also, there are some gene mods which make it hilariously simple.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fire Storm posted:

I started playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified lat night.

sorry for your loss

nah seriously, the Bureau is really maddening because it has some really cool ideas and some really awful execution. And then it has bad ideas and decent execution and you never know what you'll get :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Just google for it :ssh:
or watch the video, once you know what to look for it's pretty obvious actually. Before you knew what to look for, it wasn't. Sneaky sneaky.

• Locked thread