Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
It's time for another year of the backwards scoring football league! This is a league where the worse your players do, the more points you score. You want QBs who throw lots of incompletions and INTs, RBs who get lots of carries with a low YPC, defenses who give up lots of points, etc. This is a ten team ESPN league, and I'm going to give everyone from last year a couple days to reclaim their spots. I expect there will be a few openings, so if you weren't in last year and want to join, feel free to reply.

Vogon Poet fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
The Ron Turner All Stars are in for another season.

Slagwag
Oct 27, 2010

"I am not a nugget!"
I wasn't in last year but I am interested if this is still going on.

Carson Palmer 4 life

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I was apparently in a different version of this idea last year, but I doubt it will be re-activated at this point, so I'll transfer over here if a spot opens up.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
In again as 4th Down Syndrome

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'd have fun playing space allowing.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'll join if someone else is missing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can't come back this year so at least one spot will be open for the waiting list.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I'm back in for another year.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

bbf2 posted:

I'm back in for another year.
Team name? (I need to know which teams' owners to keep and which to delete.)

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Vogon Poet posted:

Team name? (I need to know which teams' owners to keep and which to delete.)

Dan Snyder All Stars, 2011 Backwards Champion

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
Beavis & Buttfumble is back in it to win it.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like five total returning teams and four people who expressed interest in joining. Those four people can PM me or post their email addresses in the thread and I'll send invites.

There's still room for one more!

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
jumping on the wagon. tran.timon AT gmail

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Respekt posted:

jumping on the wagon. tran.timon AT gmail

Invite sent.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

I haven't heard back from Slagwag or Its Miller Time so I'm going to open those last two spots up to anyone. Hopefully we can get a full league soon!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Still trying to get two more. Does anyone in the league know someone who would be interested in joining? Might have to settle for eight people...

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Okay, looks like it's going to be an eight-team league this year. A bit disappointing, but it should still be plenty of fun.

We need to have our draft, and hopefully we can do it in the next two days before the season starts. I tentatively set it for tomorrow at 8 pm Eastern but I also set up a Doodle poll to see if there's a time that will work better. I sent out an email to the league with a link to the poll, so please fill it out and I'll pick the best time. If you're unable to make the draft, remember to set your autopicks (or else you'll get a team that would be amazing in normal fantasy but terrible in backwards), but also don't worry too much, because the draft is less important than in normal fantasy. A bigger part of doing well is keeping on top of your roster through the season as the best sucky players change, especially as guys are benched or injured.

Another important note that new members should be aware of is that, throughout the season, free agents are acquired via auction. Your budget of $100 is the budget for the whole season, and whenever you want to acquire a free agent you place a bid, with the player going to the highest bid. Example: Team A bids $10 for Player X, Team B bids $5 for Player X - Team A gets the player and loses $10 of their $100 season budget. Also, you can bid $0 and if no one else tries to claim the player you'll get him.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Woops, been watching for this thread but looks like I might have missed it. I'm interested and could draft tomorrow but I realize that 9 is a pretty bad number for fantasy football leagues

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

Woops, been watching for this thread but looks like I might have missed it. I'm interested and could draft tomorrow but I realize that 9 is a pretty bad number for fantasy football leagues
If one more person requests a spot by tomorrow I could bump it back up to ten. You can PM me your email address and reserve a spot in case that does happen.

Everyone who hasn't, please go vote in the poll using the emailed link!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Vogon Poet posted:

If one more person requests a spot by tomorrow I could bump it back up to ten. You can PM me your email address and reserve a spot in case that does happen.

Everyone who hasn't, please go vote in the poll using the emailed link!

I'll be your 10th man!

Sending a PM with my email address now.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Okay, great! We will have ten after all. So far four people have responded to the draft poll and 10 pm Eastern tonight is the only one with four yes votes so I've now set it to that, although that could still change with additional votes.

sc4rs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what I think of your opinion.
At work on my phone so can't doodle but would strongly prefer 9pm or earlier tonight to 10 pm, as I need to be at work at 5am tomorrow.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
8 PM EST won't work for me because I won't be back from class, but 9 or 10 PM EST works fine for me.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Okay, looks like based on the responses I've received 9 pm Eastern tonight is now the overall best time, so I've set it to that and won't be making any more changes. If you can't make it, try to set up your auto picks. Hope to see everyone there!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Drafting in 20 minutes!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I drafted from my phone while driving and picked my head coach right as I walked in the door. How'd I do?!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

timp posted:

I drafted from my phone while driving
:stare:

quote:

How'd I do?!
Are you the one who drafted Matt Ryan?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vogon Poet posted:

:stare:

Are you the one who drafted Matt Ryan?

Hey I told you I'd find a way to make it work!

C'MON MANday Night Football posted:

QB Chad Henne, Jac QB
RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB
WR Sammy Watkins, Buf WR
TE Scott Chandler, Buf TE
FLEX Bishop Sankey, Ten RB
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Caleb Sturgis, Mia K
HC Jets Coach HC

Bench Cordarrelle Patterson, Min WR
Bench Chargers D/ST D/ST
Bench C.J. Anderson, Den RB
Bench Ace Sanders, Jac WR

I was very surprised to see how high Bell was projected...certainly didn't expect to have any players in common between this league and my standard ones!

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

timp posted:

Hey I told you I'd find a way to make it work!

I was very surprised to see how high Bell was projected...certainly didn't expect to have any players in common between this league and my standard ones!
Looks like a pretty solid draft. You can't always trust the projections, but especially for RBs there can be overlap in players who are valuable both here and in normal leagues with guys who grind out a lot of yards at a low average. Bell had 3.5 YPC last year which is pretty pathetic but he still saw a lot of action. It is harder for the non-QB positions to set up a scoring system that truly rewards bad play.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Thanks for running this again btw

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Good old Eli and the Giants D, getting it done in a big way.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm still not quite sure how this works; i just picked the suckiest players I could think of that actually play and it seems to have worked?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Darko posted:

I'm still not quite sure how this works; i just picked the suckiest players I could think of that actually play and it seems to have worked?

Are you the one that beat me with Ryan Tannehill? If so, I blame that entirely on Andy Dalton and the Titans D being competent. Here's hoping the Jags get sick of Henne quick so that Bortles can prove that he is also bad!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

uublog posted:

Are you the one that beat me with Ryan Tannehill? If so, I blame that entirely on Andy Dalton and the Titans D being competent. Here's hoping the Jags get sick of Henne quick so that Bortles can prove that he is also bad!

Nope that was me :smugdog:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Nope, I went with ex-Lions superstar Shaun Hill at QB.

Respekt
Aug 8, 2007
la la la
As an ATL hater, drat you Matt Ryan !

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Protip: don't start a D/ST playing against the Jaguars. :laugh:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vogon Poet posted:

Protip: don't start a D/ST playing against the Jaguars. :laugh:

But the Redskins were so bad... I thought it would be ok :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This poo poo's hard, lol

EDIT: Oh poo poo, apparently I'm doing better since the last time I checked...but it still feels like a crapshoot at this point in the season

• Locked thread