Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This LP makes me wish someone was doing an SMT: Nocturne one as well.

http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne/

Happy birthday to you! Luisfe has LP'd a ton of the SMT series, including DDS1 and 2. Spoilers regarding those, obviously.

I'm looking forward to someone else taking a crack at DDS. It's a really interesting game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Green Intern posted:

http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne/

Happy birthday to you! Luisfe has LP'd a ton of the SMT series, including DDS1 and 2. Spoilers regarding those, obviously.

I'm looking forward to someone else taking a crack at DDS. It's a really interesting game!

The only problem I have is that the DDS1 LP has a lot of missing images...

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Koorisch posted:

Ah, that's unfortunate. The LP's from years ago, so I guess I'm not surprised that some files were lost.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Feinne posted:

Dragonatrix, since they basically amount to trivia and I'm pretty sure the names never come up in the plot would you mind it if I briefly discussed the Atma marks as we see them (so Serph's, Argilla's, Heat's, and Harley's for now)?

Yeah, sure, go for it. I don't remember anything about 'em being much of an issue.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Man, I feel sorry for the Vanguard. Everyone turns into a bunch of predominantly Ice-weak demons that don't even get double digit levels in other SMT games and three of the Hindu Pantheon just stroll in and beat/eat their asses five minutes after the demonic power up. I kinda wonder--since I didn't get very far when I played this as a rental or in the other LP-- if this was all a set-up.

DDS 's gameplay feels like they took the Demi Fiend premise from Nocturne, threw out the standard SMT summons, and built the game around that. Not that I'm complaining at all, but this feels more like Nocturne's true successor opposed to later, non spin-off SMT titles.

Although it may be because I was watching the Maze Runner trailer the other day, does anyone else feel like DDS is also kind of, sort of like a dip into the Teens vs. Teens dystopian genre like Battle Royal or (pun not intended) Hunger Games? DDS and some of the other SMT series kind of get this vibe at times...

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Alright, so those black marks on everyone are called Atma. The Atma marks always tie into someone's Avatar form and always have a mouth in them.

Serph's Atma is the Watercrown. It's a crown with a droplet of water flowing down at the bottom and a mouth in the middle. Serph's an ice character, so of course his Atma is water themed.

Argilla's Atma is the Seismic Wave. It's actually sort of weird which is why I always forget the name of hers. It's got a mouth and it's got little waves of lines and that's about as much as you get from it. Again, Argilla is earth themed.

Heat's Atma is the Fireball. It's a fuckin' fireball with a big gaping maw on it, because Heat is our fire character.

Harley's Atma is the Burning Stake. It's a fire burning in front of a vaguely human figure, with the mouth being inside the flames.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

MythLisp posted:

Both the Digital Devil Saga games are so deliciously dark in tone and probably my favourite spinoffs of the MegaTen franchise. It was a welcome change from the upbeat "Let's save the world guys!" storylines that majority of the jrpgs had at the time.

Hell, Nocturne starts out with the world being blown to poo poo. Some games have a doomed hometown or village burned down by bandits. This series likes to completely wreck EVERYTHING.

None of that here in DDS, but instead of losing their hometown or something, the main characters are losing their robot-like confidence in their war and in themselves. They are both losing themselves and gaining horrible new insights into themselves at the same time.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Huh. I knew about the cannibalism thing coming in, but not that we'd have a friend who would kind of jump on board that train wholeheartedly, nor that the player character would sort of shrug and go along with it. Nor that everyone would be crazy demons basically straight off. If it's not a spoiler, is that just how combat works for the game? We always roll right into battle in Atma Avatar mode, no summoning or anything?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Huh. I knew about the cannibalism thing coming in, but not that we'd have a friend who would kind of jump on board that train wholeheartedly, nor that the player character would sort of shrug and go along with it. Nor that everyone would be crazy demons basically straight off. If it's not a spoiler, is that just how combat works for the game? We always roll right into battle in Atma Avatar mode, no summoning or anything?

If you get surprised, you come into battle as a sissy human with your guns and need to spend time transforming. You could also try to fight with your guns, but my memories of playing the game myself tell me that is a terrible idea.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Speedball posted:

Hell, Nocturne starts out with the world being blown to poo poo. Some games have a doomed hometown or village burned down by bandits. This series likes to completely wreck EVERYTHING.
Heck, Dragonatrix just finished Devil Survivor 2. Which opens (like Notcurne) with the apocalypse being set off and the heroes trying to deal with the after effects.

As for the LP, I'm glad we're getting this game LP'd again. Mostly because as Koorisch said, Lusife's very good LPs of DDS 1 and 2 have lost images over time (especially DDS 2).

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Night10194 posted:

If you get surprised, you come into battle as a sissy human with your guns and need to spend time transforming. You could also try to fight with your guns, but my memories of playing the game myself tell me that is a terrible idea.

There are some reasons you might want to be in human form but generally it's not so good, no.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Basically. Implicitly, every single demonic entity we face is actually a transformed human, and everyone on both sides spend the time during the fight whoosh transforming.

As for what cannibalism entails...yes, we are explicitly eating every enemy we face in battle, which is why our HP recovers slightly after each battle. Actual face-smeared-in-blood cannibalism isn't depicted often, though.

Argilla has been abstaining from eating enemies in this dungeon, though, which is why she hasn't been gaining any skill points.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 27, 2014

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Koorisch posted:

Mmhm.
I did not keep records of many of the updates either.

That is not an issue with pretty much everything I have LPed since then.

Speaking of I really should play more Strange Journey.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Should be fun reading this lp, especially as has been mentioned the archived one has lost too many images to really read and understand any of the story.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Should be fun reading this lp, especially as has been mentioned the archived one has lost too many images to really read and understand any of the story.

I don't know, not getting what went on in DDS and DDS2 even if you played them isn't exactly uncommon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Svadhisthana

Heat's a classy guy and totally not talking about eating our men at a-

Oh, wait, he is a dickhole and is totally talking about doing it. If only Argilla would let him.

In some cases, it would certainly be an acceptable loss. This guy, eh, not so much. He knows what's up. Since we just murdered and ate Harley, his men now belong to us as does Swadhisthana itself. To accommodate this fact, we can run around inside freely and no random battles will accost us! If we missed some loot or the like, this would be a great time to head back in and get it. I got everything we could though, so for now it's just like running around Muladhara but without the random NPCs to pretend like they matter.

Speaking of Muladhara, we'll head back there now. Nothing else to do here, and Argilla's doubled over from hunger.

Pray
I don't know why, but I feel the need to make a reminder here that if you can watch the videos... you really, really, really should!

Yeah, so at this point Argilla's in so bad a state she can't even walk on her own.

And to make matters worse, they're hearing frickin' gunshots in their own base.

Some Awesome Thing That Isn't On The OST. :saddowns:

Oh, those gunshots were being fired at a demon.

Cielo is already proving that he is very much not like Argilla, because he cannot hit this thing. And he's firing waaaaaay more bullets.

Dude's so bad a shot, this thing has the time to prep itself and jump into the air. Even when it was stood still, Cielo couldn't hit it.

Silence

So, you're hungry, Gale? Wanna eat me?

his entire head is a giant mouth i think antagonising him is a bad idea

Light shines on the heavens...

So, a woman is now singing. This seems to help Argilla's hunger thing.

It's also irritatingly not subtitled at all. Thankfully this IS on the OST (several times). But only the first few lines are in English there, so that doesn't help at all.

The earth, the spirit, light brings glory and grace...

May it open your eyes to the truth, Shanti...

Shanti. Divine light, our heart cries out to you...

Deliver us from the dark and give us hope. May you fill us with your undying love, Shanti, Shanti...

It also manages to placate Gale when he's taken the form of his Atma Avatar. How incredibly convenient!

A song.
That was a... "song?"

Oh, wait, sorry. I was a bit mistaken; that song actively turned Gale back to normal.

Tell me... who are you?

You came to help us...? From where...?

I just know that... that I'm here to help everyone.

It's probably not quite obvious from these shots, but it is currently raining. Best to take this conversation indoors.

Sera

Your explanation is flawed. We know nothing about you. You say that you remembered nothing. Why, then, would you help us?

Ladies and gentlemen, this one sentence is gale.txt

No, seriously, get used to it. He says it a lot.

I'm sorry.
The thing is...

I have too.

I'm sorry.

We may even be able to return to normal...
You've felt that hunger... You've felt that power inside you.

So... we'll be this way forever?
Regardless, nothing has been resolved. The Karma Temple will identify --

Silence

Well, that timed itself out rather well.

For what purpose, Dissemination Machine?
Questions of this nature are not permitted.

End

There's absolutely nothing else we can do at the moment, so we might as well stick on this plot railroad until its done. It, uh, it's gonna take some time though.

Like, there's 12 minutes of cutscenes split into 3 scenes that you have to run between. We're only 1/3rd done with this.

Sahasrara

Sahasrara's named after the seventh and final primary tantric chakra. It's name doesn't refer to an area, but rather a thousand petaled white lotus. Primarily deals with intuitive knowledge, conscious awareness, duality and a connection to spirituality.

Unlike all other areas we've seen so far, Sahasrara isn't under the control of any one tribe. It's considered the property of the Karma Temple and thus serves as neutral ground. We can talk to dudes from all other Tribes here (but they're condescending assholes so we won't) and, uh, that giant lady machine thing isn't called the Dissemination Machine for nothing.

The place is mostly a boring straight line, which is weird considering it's a several thousand foot tall, has a tower ascending to Nirvana itself and is... somehow... not falling off that tiny, tiny piece of land its perched precariously on.

Also Argilla and the kitty from earlier :3:
(it is indeed the same cat)

So, yeah, the place is a boring straight line. Let's just skip to the plot.

Angel

Silence

...Man, the Dissemination Machine is even weirder now that it's not a hologram.

Also, as Serph walks up to his little stand, every other leader turns to look at him. That red tattoo under her eye isn't her brand. I'll give you three guesses where it is (freebie: it's not her chest, since that's Argilla's fanservice area).

Everyone seems to already know we killed and ate Harley, because they were just waiting on us to get here. Or maybe the machine springing to life and doing its weird hand thing clued 'em in.

Everyone is present. Why have we been summoned, Dissemination Machine?

I do not understand this. The Temple summoned --

So, uh, weird creepy voice lady speaks out of the aether and then shocks the machine because, um, kicks? It clearly isn't necessary to speak to us or anything.

I get the feeling most people in this place are just dicks, frankly.

Oh, wait, it for this holographic projection. Never mind, carry on.

Eat Them All

I am the one you invoke as you gaze at the heavens.

Whatever this guy's deal is, he seems to already dislike Ms Angel. Maybe that she's a giant ring with nails sticking through it and a creepy eye has something to do with it.

Listen closely, as there is not much time. Mark these words as the Temple's new commandments.
Soon, the laws of nature governing this world shall regress to a more primal state of being.

Oh, right, yeah. The game doesn't call them Atma until now but whatever. Not like it really matters; you could've figured it out from one of the three post-battle rewards being Atma Points after all.

Hey look it's those words from the opening scene that you potentially didn't watch. The pre-title screen one.

What is a "demon?"
The essence of your new selves, your Karma. You cannot yet understand.

All that you desire shall be granted in Nirvana. End the stalemate with your newly awakened powers and fullfill my commandment at once.

Aside from our new power, nothing has changed.
Incorrect. There is one addedum:

One Tribe will conquer this purgatory and seize the black-haired girl: Nirvana shall open its gate to this Tribe alone.

Silence

Who is that girl?

In case you didn't pick it up from his complete lack of dialogue so far, yes, Serph is a silent protagonist. Anytime he says something it's a dialogue option presented in game. Some are worth our time to care about for reasons that will make sense MUCH later. Others are not.

This one is in the latter. Regardless of what we say, Angel freaks the gently caress out.

Like, a lot.

...devouring everyone in your path!

I think the "real" reason is something to do with Solar Noise (we'll cover that in due time too), but I prefer the idea that she just wigs out and runs because of Serph.

System Inquiry: Review this information, Child of Purgatory?

End

So that's two down. Again, we get a bit of a small interlude before running to the last one.

In this case, it's because we just unlocked THE biggest moneysink in the entire game.

Like, it's not even close. Mantras are a thing that we need just to get by, and they're hella expensive later on; by going to any Karma Terminal (size doesn't matter), we can now use this option.

Mantra

This lets us get this big-rear end board. It's a PS2 RPG, of course our abilities are determined by a big-rear end board. Naturally, just because one character gets a Mantra it doesn't mean poo poo for anyone else. This wouldn't be too bad for the most part, but you see all those nodes that are already there?

There are more. They just won't turn up until much, much later.

The best part? Getting new abilities from here costs Macca. Lots and lots and lots of loving Macca.

In total it takes 20,728,000 macca to get everything. And that's just for 1 character. So, yes, over 101 million for all Mantras for everyone. Doesn't that sound like fun!

Be glad you're not me, and aren't insane enough to do this for the not-at-all-worth-it reward in DDS2.

...Honestly, I say that but even I probably won't bother in the end. Like I say, the reward is not worth the effort.

Filling it out, in terms of mastering the Mantras, is easy as all hell at least. The hard part is the cash flow.

So, I'm currently committing a cardinal sin. You don't have Serph learn Earth Spirit first. No, because he's weak to Fire you "absolutely must" drill him down the Fire Spirit path to alleviate it.

I am not doing that, sorry. I think that's pretty dumb. It's hella slow, hella expensive and hella niche. In the time it takes to do that, you could have so many better things that the weakness to one element is moot.

Instead, I prefer to focus on alleviating a crippling lack of offense. If I need to patch a weakness in a hurry, that's what Void spells are for. By the time it becomes a real big deal, the time and money investment to patch things in more convenient ways will be significantly more managable.

Also doing the patch weakness thing immediately leaves other people unable to keep up with how fast Serph can master his Mantras. He picked up Devour by default from having it equipped well in advance. Heat and Argilla did not. Giving them even the first one is plenty for now.

Oh, and beyond this little bit I won't really post the mantra board and me buying things particularly often. A rundown at the end of future updates of "here's what skills we learned from this dungeon and what they do" is plenty sufficient. Plus that way you can skip it if my eclectic sense of "here's what will chump the next boss" annoys you or you just don't care or something. (Also, the full boards will be in the second post as a testament to me being an insane, grind-loving lunatic.)

...Now, where were we? Ah, right. Running back to Muladhara.

Gale's Plan

Silence

Is that all she had to say?

You truly remember nothing?

Atma? Child of Purgatory? Now what do we do?
We will head to Nirvana.
Nothing's changed.

...by using this new power.
I have no objections. Our goal remains the same.
I am in Sera's debt.
I just want to be normal.

It is decided.

Operation

...and present ourselves to the Temple.

*Laughs* Who cares? We'll devour them one by one.
Easier said than done. What's your plan?

Silence

You mean...

Until now, the Tribes have relied solely on their own strength and resources. But, an inflexible mind limits one's strategic options.

You've certainly changed.
You are the ones who have changed. Your emotions have clearly become unstable.

What about Sera, then?

Hereafter, we should institute a policy of silence regarding Sera's existence.
What is our leader's decision?
We will proceed according to plan.
It doesn't seem right...

This option is one that actually matters. And I picked the "wrong" option. Don't worry; since I have to go through the game at least twice for some stuff anyway, might as well pick whichever option I feel like this time. Then I can show the right stuff later if I skip it.

First, we head to the Maribel's territory.

It is advantageous for them to accept us, and defeating them will not pose a problem.

And with that, we're FINALLY done with all these cutscenes this time around. We'll celebrate by finishing up with some optional bonuses.

Now that we know Gale's plan, we can head back to Svadhisthana and pick up something that wasn't here beforehand. If we came back here anytime before now, we wouldn't be able to get it (and I know from checking at every possible opportunity).

Once this guy is here and tells us about these rookies, we can get it. This is just the in-game reason for...

Why random encounters are back here. They're basically dudes who are unaffiliated with any Tribe, trying to band together to form their own.

That they also just happen to all be the exact same demons as the Vanguards is just a gameplay concession you'll have to ignore.

At least it's nice enough to let Argilla nab the Earth Spirit mantra she was nearly done with anyway. Since she's decided to do anything to get to Nirvana, she'll eat dudes now. Just in time for fights to return too. How nice!

Tera's the basic Earth spell, yadayada you get the idea. Also comes with Void Earth if you've forgotten already. I'm having Serph also learn this for a reason that will make sense later, I swear.

In the meantime, Argilla can join Heat in getting Devour. Because Hunt skills are super-useful, everyone should have them.

Nothing in the dungeon itself, but if we run all the way back to Harley's room at the back?

We can see that the window there is totally still broken. Also this guy gives us something that was Harley's. We get all his old possessions, which is... just this key.

We don't get his sweet crossbow. I would've preferred that.

Well... okay. Preferred isn't quite what I meant after all. More along the lines of I would've liked this and the crossbow.

But, hey, remember this wall way back at the entrance to Svadhisthana?

We can get past it now. There's only one room back here...

Not that you need me to tell you that. We could see this from the other balcony, remember? The contents of these item pots is way more important anyway.

Noise items are permanent stat boosts for whoever you use them on. They give +2 to the stat in question, as well as fully restore your HP/MP. Naturally, then, there are an infinite number of these things.

There's nothing else we can do here now until we get a way past the Yellow and Red walls in the basement. Now is there anywhere else that had a blue wall...

Oh, right. Back to Muladhara. Again.

Thankfully this one's near the entrance and we don't have to slog through trash demons we can beat without even trying.

Even though this place totally feels like it SHOULD have random encounters in it. That one might just be me though.

There's a small area actually down here, but it mostly serves just to taunt us with three items we can't get. We won't be getting those for a loooooooong time.

It also gives us some more Noise. HP and MP at least get to go up by 10.

There's also this weird door down here. Wonder where it leads. Guess we won't find out for quite a while!

Oh, and there was another Blue Wall just before the rooms with the HP and MP Noises in them.

This one leads to that item we saw near the entrance. Great Chakras are a full MP restore for the entire party. Pretty darn handy!

That's all we can get for now with our new Blue Key, though. At least it's gonna help out get through any blue walls we'll see in the future.

Next time, we'll go see the Maribels and hopefully trick them into an alliance that really only benefits us.

(ps there may be a new thing in the op now. :ssh:)

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 25, 2015

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Sahasrara is another fantastic piece. This game's aesthetics are all over the place, but mostly in a good way.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I won't spoil the names of their Atma for now, but I will summarize what you could read in the screenshots in case you don't want to squint.

Jinana leads the Maribel. She's the lady with the very unfortunate Atma placement.

Mick the Slug leads the Solids. He's the big fat black guy.

Lupa leads the Wolves. He's the black guy with red hair because why not.

Varin Omega leads the Brutes. He's the really angry lookin' dude with blue hair.

Much like Harley, the only way we actually know the names of their Atma will be the music tracks that accompany them.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I actually did get everyone's Mantra grid maxed out when I first played this, along with getting everyone to lvl99 and maxing out their stats. Granted, it was in bursts while waiting for DDS2 to come out, and I did it while watching DVDs in the background, but still. The only thing I didn't do was the final optional boss - I'm mad, but I'm not crazy.

I'm replaying the games since they came out on PSN over here last month. I don't see me doing any of that again.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ah, the Mantra Grid. The reason I never finished this game. I can't stand grinding and that thing expects you to grind like a motherfucker.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like those with actual pupils and vibrant eyes are more emotional.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Ah, the Mantra Grid. The reason I never finished this game. I can't stand grinding and that thing expects you to grind like a motherfucker.

I will say that if you're not married to giving a poo poo about having some of the really expensive ones on more than at most one character that does cut down the total cost quite a bit. It's the really crazy poo poo that costs the really big bucks.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I greatly look forward to seeing the bonus boss because I have heard so much about him and just cannot wait to see how it goes. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pharohman777 posted:

It seems like those with actual pupils and vibrant eyes are more emotional.

I noticed that when playing, too. I never got to the point where they explain it (and don't know if they do explain it) but I think that's a big reason why Gale is all :geno: I DO NOT COMPREHEND; he's still got the grey eyes and I think it's meant to draw attention to that contrast.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Dragonatrix posted:

System Inquiry: Review this information, Child of Purgatory?

This comes off hilariously, with that calm voice and the grandiose, unpleasant title. Shall I go over that again for you, O TORMENTED SOUL? Press Y for Yes and N for No. :allears:

Also, hello plot device girl. I foresee you being kidnapped and agonised over a lot. You won't have a very pleasant time, I fear.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I greatly look forward to seeing the bonus boss because I have heard so much about him and just cannot wait to see how it goes. :allears:
Strap in. That's going to be end new game + for DDS1.

Also yes I too look forward to seeing someone build an entire team around beating one of the "hardest" RPG bosses to date.

Gwen fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 28, 2014

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost
Well, I'll be. Another LP of one of the more interesting SMT games.
I really love the sense of style the game has, as well as the intriguing setting. And hopefully this time around, there won't be a loss of images.
Looking forward to more.

One small typo I noticed:

Dragonatrix posted:

The essence of your new selves, your Karma. You cannot yet undesrstand.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, so this track sounds really familiar, but I just can't place it. Did it appear in some other SMT title?

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

^
I'm fairly certain that reappears in the Persona games for the mysterious events. I could be wrong, however.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
So I'm guessing that Argilla will become Law, and Heat will become Chaos?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

DDS doesn't go with alignments, so no, aside from the occasional plot-mandated split, our party will be with us til the end.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Ghostwoods posted:

Not quite.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

BFC posted:

^
I'm fairly certain that reappears in the Persona games for the mysterious events. I could be wrong, however.

It just sounds really similar because the same person did the music for this and for those games.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

Feinne posted:

Much like Harley, the only way we actually know the names of their Atma will be the music tracks that accompany them.

Not really. After the scene back at base and before going to Maribel territory, if you talk to an NPC at the Karma Temple place, he'll give you the name of Jinana's atma. Just thought I'd point this out since I'm playing the game too.
No offense Feinne, just pointing something out. :shobon:

GodofDiscord fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 29, 2014

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Ghostwoods posted:

DDS is also slightly unconventional with its portrayal and resolution of alignment conflicts so sit back and enjoy. It will definitely surprise you later on.

Edit: Dragonatrix are you sure the EU version used Danger? I played the PAL version and I am sure that it used Pray instead.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 29, 2014

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

HiKaizer posted:

Edit: Dragonatrix are you sure the EU version used Danger? I played the PAL version and I am sure that it used Pray instead.

Huh, you're right. I haven't used my PAL version in forever (because, y'know, Ghostlight) so I just went from my memory of it being Danger. Ah well, 'sfixed now thanks for catching that.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
You are welcome.

I must say that Danger was certainly a surprise and the opening section before the lyrics cut in, where it slowly pans on Sera, had me raising an eyebrow.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

GodofDiscord posted:

Not really. After the scene back at base and before going to Maribel territory, if you talk to an NPC at the Karma Temple place, he'll give you the name of Jinana's atma. Just thought I'd point this out since I'm playing the game too.

I believe an NPC at the Karma Temple also mentions the name of Serph's atma. Can't remember when exactly, though, as it's been a long time since I last played.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

GodofDiscord posted:

Oh, no offense taken. I'm certain they all must actually be named given they're trivia questions in DDS2. It was just sort of a joke really because INTEGRAL is definitely the easiest way to know the Atma of the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
So wait, can random mooks band together and call themselves a new tribe? Do they need to conquer a piece of territory first, or...how exactly does that work if it's not spoilerage?

• Locked thread