Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This LP makes me wish someone was doing an SMT: Nocturne one as well.

http://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne/

Happy birthday to you! Luisfe has LP'd a ton of the SMT series, including DDS1 and 2. Spoilers regarding those, obviously.

I'm looking forward to someone else taking a crack at DDS. It's a really interesting game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Koorisch posted:

The only problem I have is that the DDS1 LP has a lot of missing images...

Ah, that's unfortunate. The LP's from years ago, so I guess I'm not surprised that some files were lost.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

In demon form, Gale's head also splits like a bishop's mitre (although I believe it's rotated 90 degrees from the hat).

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Same old, Same old: lost his favorite sled when he was a kid, never got over it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I am imagining jerk chicken-flavor soda.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

There was an update on the bottom of the last page, to those who haven't seen it yet.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I really like Cielo's demon design. It's stands out among the other members of the party a bit, and the plane aesthetic is pretty cool in general.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I just really like how upbeat Cielo is. It's just really refreshing when the rest of the world is so gloomy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Serph is such a boss.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Asian dragons are A)Generally long and snakelike, B)More often associated with water, rather than fire.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Gale and Cielo are my favorite characters of the Embryon, I'm pretty sure. Between goofy heroics and mysterious visions and badassery, they have a lot going for them.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

You think Sera looks like she's 10? Whaaaaat?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Sera looks exactly the same age as Serph, to me. This is a stupid derail.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The OP requested no spoilers. Edit that poo poo out.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

"Sorry Guys, you were never intended to exist in real life"

The Embryon took it rather well, all things considered.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I think Roland's demon-mouth is the top of his helmet-head, unless I'm mistaken. The design is very cool, and it's nice to have a little bit of fresh blood.

Edit: maybe it's just in the regular place. I can't tell.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 7, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Roland's been introduced, so here's a good illustration of him and his demon form.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Gale may have lied to Fred, but I think he had his best interests in mind, i.e. he wants Fred to actually grow up as a child, not a child trying to be an adult.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Clarste posted:

Well, I think that much obvious, but the fact that he's even capable of taking that sort of thing into account is pretty shocking on its own. Coming from Mr. "I do not comprehend".

I think being born anew did a remarkable job of broadening Gale's horizons.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hi Heat! Long time no grouch.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That message about Serph leaving the party is so hilariously cruel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Heat isn't very smart.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

But I think he feels really really bad about killing Serph, guys?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Serph will be back in the party (as Heat using his skull as a sockpuppet).

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va31JGXUmkg

You've just got to get into the groove, man!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The final member will be Heat wearing a paper plate with Serph's face scrawled on it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That extended level up sound for Serph was hilarious.

Also Original Serph was a total jackhole and deserved what he got.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

EagerSleeper posted:

This may be a dumb question, but did original!Serph turn into an actual demon (Real Varna), or just a metaphorical one before he was killed?

I believe he turned into a real-deal Demon from the uncontrolled data surge.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zushio posted:

This is a pretty intense series of events for any game, let alone a JRPG. I think that's what I love about SMT games. I've been playing 4 lately and I'm totally hooked. Also, since the limit of my knowledge was the end of DDS1 I'm throwing out a random guess that Gale is modeled after God. Because why the gently caress not at this point. Either that or Angel somehow? Who else did Sera even know?

I recall that Gale kept having visions of Jenna Angel during DDS1, so I'll assume that he's someone related to her, probably put into the simulation later? It's not as if Cielo was in the lab scenes either.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Feinne posted:

Well we're going to HAARP which means we're probably on the west coast.

I spoiler it because I don't think they've mentioned it by name yet, and they definitely didn't just steal the name because the facility itself looks pretty much accurate.

I think they mention the facility name once during the cutscene showing God getting mad and starting the data consumption.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The writers are so drat cruel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I think what irks me the most about Cielo's death is that he's used awesome laser beams before while flying around. I want to believe that he didn't need to kill himself here just to succeed. God, that's just heartbreaking.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The sun is made entirely of chiptunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Feinne posted:

Because Schroedinger sounds like Serph, and is effectively the other halves of the two.

Though they were too lazy to mirror their hair, which would have been cool and made more sense.

Well, it was kind of mirrored in the reveal of Schroedinger's true identity.

• Locked thread