Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Genaro posted:

I'm kind of reminded of the Suikoden IV LP

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

Seriously the encounter rate in DDS never bothered me that much since for the most part, the press turn system is actually fun. Besides, Estoma actually works nearly 100% once the enemies are no longer a threat.

Also Cielo is the best character, gently caress weaknesses, best character.

Ah well, time to read the next upd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Glorious! :swoon:

I mean... the other two are good, they're just not Cielo.

Feinne posted:

Though that said I'm surprised you gave Serph the King Mantra there, it's so super niche.

Hell naw, King provides frozen treats for all occasions. Stop hittin' Cielo's secret stash, dude.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Very few games are difficult once you know exactly what you need to do in order to beat them. Surprise.

Dragonatrix posted:

Do not speak hastily. We cannot allow them to believe our leader is worth so few of their soldiers. Destroy them so we may continue.

Man, Gale does not respect these guys at all.

Cielo is still The Best Character, though. :colbert: And I always loved the scene with Bat getting blown the gently caress up. So satisfying.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 17, 2014

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

loving hell this game has such a ridiculously good soundtrack.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

...Also these guys start turning up now. Wu Kongs are pretty nasty sons of bitches since we have no good way of dealing with them right now.

Unless there's a void/drain/repel, the answer is always Cocytus. :colbert:

(Though I guess my rosy memories of that skill might depend somewhat on the fact that my Serph had probably maxed out MAG by the time I got here.)

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

The thread title, for one thing :v:

(It's also the first part of the intro.)

Man, Varin is a jerk. That move. :argh:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Kemix posted:

the most powerful SMT Protagonist in the history of SMT

I dunno, Aleph is pretty far up there after actually killing YHVH on screen (and optionally going through both Satan and Lucifer to get there).

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Translated or not, the Cielo shmup is The Best Thing.

I'm even worse at it than Dragonatrix, but still. Best Thing. :colbert:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Kinda hard to "sucker" stab someone when they're watching you run towards them at full speed with glowing lines running down your arm.

From his reaction, Heat wasn't even expecting that punch to land, or if it did, certainly not to do any real damage.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Gamma Nerd posted:

There is never enough Cielo because he's the Best Character

This is a cool and good post and correct in every way.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

^

Dragonatrix posted:

...Indrajit... ...You're kidding me.

Hey, so... if that thing is still alive... we should probably get out of here now. "Indrajit" literally means "Conqueror of Indra." Because he kinda sorta kicked Indra's rear end.

...i think roland picked the wrong atma

Holy gently caress I love this entire sequence of events.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

loving Meganada, man. Holy poo poo that guy's an rear end in a top hat.

Dragonatrix posted:

Suddenly, I am glad that Cielo is not God.

Cielo is God. :colbert:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Windmaster Manwe posted:

...If anyone in the thread who has video editing skills would be willing to make an avatar-sized version of this, I would be super thankful. I NEED this in my life.

Edit: Preferably with Fred's :ughh: in there, but I guess that might be difficult to fit.

It's pretty long for an av. The more frames, the more rear end-tastic the quality has to be, and the Gale part just Will Not Fit.

A Fred facepalm is quite doable, though.

Edit:

ultrafilter posted:

It would be absolutely hilarious if Cielo were to defeat God by throwing the cat at its face.

Edit edit:

Cielo DLC for P4 DAN make it happen Atlus you assholes.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 2, 2015

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

SMT2 is the raddest SMT game, so the angels are the raddest minibosses. :colbert:

It's kinda sad that that's all the backstory you get on Cielo, but he does make up for it by being A, the most awesome party member, and B, God. :colbert::colbert:

:colbert:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

God drat it CIelo you are not allowed to do that, your dying privileges have been revoked, get your rear end right back in my party this instant you big jerk!

...Please? :(

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Cielo, you lovable you, you. :allears:

Seriously Cielo is the :krad:est character and he should totally have got his mouth laser as a special ability along with everyone else's bonus stuff.

Feinne posted:

And yes the way they do their stats is why you should always give Serph a more physical build in this game. It's also a good idea because physicals are pretty good in this and you've lost your physical character.

Bollocks to that, max Serph's MAG before the switch and let Sera fill out the rest. :getin:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

What if the whole party merged into one super OP character?

I'll form the head.

Heat can be the butt.

W.T. Fits posted:

No, he possesses the bruddah-nature.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I think I read somewhere that Bat has extra dialogue if you blast him with Argilla's special. No?

:haw:

I'm not usually tempted to buy new smilies, but I'm tempted to buy a new smilie, hee-ho.

• Locked thread