Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Heard a little about this one and wanted to see it but I think the old LP had a load of its parts missing or something, so looking forward to being in on this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Huh. I knew about the cannibalism thing coming in, but not that we'd have a friend who would kind of jump on board that train wholeheartedly, nor that the player character would sort of shrug and go along with it. Nor that everyone would be crazy demons basically straight off. If it's not a spoiler, is that just how combat works for the game? We always roll right into battle in Atma Avatar mode, no summoning or anything?

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

System Inquiry: Review this information, Child of Purgatory?

This comes off hilariously, with that calm voice and the grandiose, unpleasant title. Shall I go over that again for you, O TORMENTED SOUL? Press Y for Yes and N for No. :allears:

Also, hello plot device girl. I foresee you being kidnapped and agonised over a lot. You won't have a very pleasant time, I fear.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

I noticed the Solar Noise gauge a couple of screens in and sort of bookmarked it to ask later if we'd been given the lowdown, or if it'd come up later. Then thirty seconds later ...

The Field Hunt thing feels oddly Sonic-y. Just a strange impression I got.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

I made a bet with myself that Heat was going to say something insensitive and stupid as he walked up to Argilla at the end there, but I didn't think he'd be quite that much of a prick.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Something Else Cool That I Swear Isn't On The OST :saddowns:
Aw, I wanted to listen to that.

quote:

Oh, and Dyaus is the lord of the skies. Husband of Prithivi, father of... uh... Usas. Dude is basically the Vedic equivalent of Zeus or Jupiter. So, y'know, pretty goddamned important. Much like everyone else, you could've guessed that this was coming considering Cielo's name is literally just Spanish for... "Sky."

They're not just equivalents, they're ... alternative religion selves? They all appear to derive from the same PIE god, or at least the names all came from the same PIE place.
Z = ds, so Dyaus = Dseus = Zeus. Jupiter is probably better written as Iuppiter, which in turn comes from Iu- (pronounced Yu) and pater (father). And Dyaus is often more formally called Dyauṣ Pitar, so they're actually very close. Dyauṣ Pitar -> lose the D -> yaus pitar -> assimilate the s into a geminate p -> Yauppitar -> Latinise -> Iuppiter.

There's even enough evidence for us to think the PIE god used the 'father' title himself, as something like Dyeus ph2ter and Zeus is a bit odd for only taking it as an occasional epithet while Iuppiter and Dyauṣ Pitar kept it much more closely bound to them.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Let us go. We will set traps for them throughout the ship.
We're showing an outrageous amount of initiative for story heavy RPG protagonists. Deciding not only to lure enemies onto ground of our choosing, but to then trap it and blow it up, is so far beyond the normal paradigm of either (in an organisation) following orders to every new point, or (on one's own) continually reacting to everything and never being able to get on the front foot. Which is a bit sad really for the genre, but very cool for this game.

quote:

The "Colonel" seems to want his men to be the least camouflaged of all the tribes so far, and himself even less so. Good military sense.

quote:

The Silver Fox is on the move: port side, toward the bow. Call for backup!

Silver Fox
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

Bad dog, Heat. Bad dog.

Heehee, Serph is tiny. Them all walking in profile highlights it. *pats protagonist on the head*

Pyriphlegethon is the river that 'blazes like fire', one of the rivers of the Underworld. It's a twin to Cocytos, the 'wailing' river, a branch of the more famous Styx. Cerberus using one, and you using the other, comes off very appropriately. Of course, when one treats phlegethon (burning) as a downgrade from pyriphlegethon (burning like fire), one has to ask what else the Phlegethon attack is meant to be burning like. Chillis?

• Locked thread