Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Dragonatrix posted:

Serph, what was it Heat said he'd do back there

I'm assuming there's a missing question mark for this bit? :v:

Since you were talking about it earlier, how bad is the encounter rate for DDS1 compared to the other games? About the same amount as normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Montegoraon posted:

I'm pretty sure the original MT and MT2 didn't feature any kind of apocalypse. Then again, they were written by a different team. Neither did Persona 4. Not really. They tried to play that up towards the ending, but I never really bought that things were anywhere near that dire. And the Demi-Kids games were more standard save the world fair for the most part (though you should not take that to mean that they weren't true to the spirit of the SMT series, both in terms of difficulty and the cruelty of the writers. It's almost darkly funny how hard they failed at making a game for children.).

\/: My pet theory is that the TV world is a local anomaly in the Inaba area, and therefore from the perspective of the entities that live inside it Inaba is "the whole world."

MT2 definitely has an apocalyptic scenario years before the game begins, but MT1 is more "kill all these bad guys and Lucifer". I believe Jack Bros. doesn't have one either? It'd be much easier to count the number of Megaten games that don't involve some kind of apocalypse. :v:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Someone forgot to add Overload's effect to that demon's skill table (despite it being listed for another demon), which is apparently just a self-destruct move. :v:

I've always thought the Berserk forms were cool looking. My favorite would probably have to be Argilla's or Gale's.

• Locked thread