Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I greatly look forward to seeing the bonus boss because I have heard so much about him and just cannot wait to see how it goes. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Feinne posted:

Bat's Atma is the Sonic Wave. It's hard to see but it's a bat flying out of a mouth with sound waves coming out of it. It's the Sonic Wave because he's a loving bat.

Oh my gosh you guys I think Bat might be wolf themed.

Given this is SMT, I assume they won't all be this obvious but really. Bat is just overdoing it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I assume Cielo spoke in some sort of different dialect in the Japanese version, they just chose to go with something other than the usual Southern accent translation this time.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I wasn't expecting to see the Lord of the Flies so soon, even if we are in the low 40s at the moment. Can't wait to see him when he comes back! His second design has always been a favorite of mine.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

So how close are we to the end of this game? Assuming that's not spoilers. We fulfilled the central criteria of becoming the Garbage Kings, but we're also only around level 50. But we also have bonus bosses to take on, and I don't know if DDS2 resets us to level 1 or not.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Feinne posted:

I did actually check if DDS/DDS2 were PS3 only, because if the digital ones also worked on the Vita I'd be all over mobile DDS.

They really need to make more of this stuff available for the Vita :(

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Can't we all just gush about Mary Elizabeth McGlynn being loving awesome instead? Holy poo poo I have never heard her in a bad role, she is so great :allears:

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Agreed. I love when games do little things like that! It doesn't come up often, but its always nice when they put that thought in to it. Especially since in this case you have no reason to bother with Guns, and very little reason to bother with Earth.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Wow, I think Roland is my favorite demon design. That looks really cool actually. Where is the mouth though? Is that it on the top of the head?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I understand your point about her being a lying liar who lies, but what would the point be in lying about that? Even if she only figuratively created Sera as both parents using science/magic to make up the missing sperm, why not just say that? Anyway, I don't think I've seen another intersex character in a video game. Not that I can recall anyway. So that's pretty cool.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I never play rhythm games but I'm still buying P4DAN. I trust Atlus enough that even if they milk a series, they're smart enough to milk it properly. And so far that trust has not been misplaced in the slightest as far as i'm concerned.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Long story short, Meganada beat the poo poo out of Indra in Indian mythology and then tied him up and mounted him on his loving chariot. Meganada, or Indrajit, was basically invincible before every battle because of a specific ceremonial prayer he did prior to every battle that made him basically invincible. Its only after interrupting the ritual that he can be beaten, but even then it still takes two other gods 3 days and 3 nights to do it. So basically, if my quick jaunt through the internet is correct, he's a pretty big badass and was mentioned as specifically beating the poo poo out of Roland's Demon's namesake. Hence why he kept calling out to Indra when he was stalking Roland.

Let me know if any of this is verging into accidental spoiler territory with the ritual thing.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Its all incredibly internally consistent though, which is the best part to me. Like, take this update for instance. This is the best reason for a "Bring the Band Back Together" moment because we didn't bring them all back to life or reveal they were only mostly dead. We just went ahead and went up were they went after they died. No matter how weird everything gets, its all internally consistent with the world that's been setup, the themes of reincarnation and Hindusim, and the plot threads left by the game. Even the seraph thing, bizarre as it is, sounds like it'll have a pretty good reason or implication eventually. loving hell, I love Atlus and I love the SMT series so much :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Feinne posted:

He's definitely a much 'better' bonus boss than the Demi-Fiend, since that guy's basically just a huge rear end in a top hat who only loses to you if he himself fucks up.

Something, something, reflection of player character, something. I dunno, Demi-Fiend was super cool, but I can see why people complain about him. Really looking forward to what makes Satan so much better, despite apparently being even more rigid?

Also, gotta admit that Meganadha was not what I was expecting. He, uh, he was kinda on the fat side wasn't he? Kinda adorable in a way, with his big arms brought up around his big body.

• Locked thread