Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Shei-kun posted:

It's really fun to see someone's live initial reactions to the sanity effects and some of the crazy things this game does. I mean, once you see them a few times, you get used to them, but it's those first few times that really get you.

When I was thinking of LPing this game, I had an idea to use video editing to create new sanity effects once repeated ones started appearing just to keep things fresh for my blind co-commentator and the viewers who know the game intimately. Probably would've just been an excuse for a couple quick silly jokes since my limited editing abilities wouldn't really produce anything convincing or scary, and it's not nearly interesting enough to pursue when NineWheels has done a fine job with the game already, but it was tempting before this thread popped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

It's really fun to see someone's live initial reactions to the sanity effects and some of the crazy things this game does. I mean, once you see them a few times, you get used to them, but it's those first few times that really get you.

I've found that the main weakness of the game is its utter predictability by the time you've played it to completion (ie, all three ancients). If any further iterations were made to the ED franchise, I would hope they start using more dynamic sanity effects that keep you really guessing what's going on, or even wondering if a sanity effect truly occurred or if you're experiencing what's really happening.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Welp, so much for best-laid plans. If anyone's wondering, the audio on the last few updates is facacta, and my friend is busy with school so it's hard to find time to re-record, but I promise they're be up ASAP.

Just gonna keep telling myself that this is a good learning experience, and now it'll never happen again.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, many LPs run into hurdles.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Aaaat laaaaaaaast...
This voice update has come along
Cut commentary and uncut commentary

NineWheels fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 28, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees the best chapter has been revisited!

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Voice commentary update #12!
Cut commentary
Uncut commentary

The next two videos are going to only have cut commentary versions, and it's just going to be me solo pointing out some things. The final bit of co-commentary will be during the credits of the epilogue update.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Okay, I totally didn't know this until just now, and it's too minor a thing for me to go back and put it into one of the final videos, but in Lindsey's chapter (6), in each of the four corner rooms on the middle level--where you can reveal the Mantorok rune--there is a panel in an alcove that you can examine and press. When you do so, it disables the traps in one of the adjacent hallways for a short period of time. It's a very minor detail and it's not that useful because the time frame is so short, but it is a thing that exists! Just thought I'd share it here on the thread since it's too late to put it into a video. (Maybe if I discover other little details I missed I'll make a Stuff I Missed video a few months down the line...)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a trap within a trap. You think you disabled the traps when BAM! They spring right back into action.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
At last, my LP is complete again!

New Game+: Ulyaoth
New Game+: Chattur'gha
Epilogue

Thank you all for watching!

A note about the sanity effects video I promised: I am still working on it, but it's going to be a while. There are no complete video compilations of all the sanity effects anywhere on the web that I can find. The few attempts I've seen are missing a couple of effects that I've seen listed in text elsewhere, and they're also of mixed video quality. I want to make mine as complete and polished as possible, but since there's no sure-fire way to guarantee any given effect, it's going to take a LOT of time, and between my upcoming LPs and my summer job, I will only have so much time to spare for that. I'd rather it take ages than I rush it. In case this thread goes bye-bye before I complete it and am able to post it here, just keep an eye on my YouTube channel for when it goes up.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

NineWheels posted:

At last, my LP is complete again!

New Game+: Ulyaoth
New Game+: Chattur'gha
Epilogue

Thank you all for watching!

A note about the sanity effects video I promised: I am still working on it, but it's going to be a while. There are no complete video compilations of all the sanity effects anywhere on the web that I can find. The few attempts I've seen are missing a couple of effects that I've seen listed in text elsewhere, and they're also of mixed video quality. I want to make mine as complete and polished as possible, but since there's no sure-fire way to guarantee any given effect, it's going to take a LOT of time, and between my upcoming LPs and my summer job, I will only have so much time to spare for that. I'd rather it take ages than I rush it. In case this thread goes bye-bye before I complete it and am able to post it here, just keep an eye on my YouTube channel for when it goes up.

It was bound to happen eventually. Thanks for the LP! It was cool seeing this game to its end(s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I haven't watched any of the voiced videos, but I do still keep an eye on the thread, and I wanna say thanks for finishing it not once, but twice. This game is neat as hell and this was a good playthrough of it!

Actually I'll probably start watching the voiced ones now, it's been long enough for a revisit.

• Locked thread