Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile
The Panacea increases your Max HP by a low digit, so they're pretty much useless. And yes, the quicksand swallows you up if you don't keep jumping/find land.

Suaimhneas posted:

I like how Yunica deals with the Devil's Corridor by using her head, while Hugo's solution is dumb brute force.
Ironic, considering that Yunica is the sociopathic axe-wielding, fire-flinging little girl.

I wonder if YS I's Sara was the same way, due to genetics and all that jazz. Wasn't she Yunica's descendant or something?

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Hey, I like Silent Sands. All things considered it's probably my favorite dungeon in this game - until then, you can get away with not really learning how to use your spells, here switching on the fly and combining is the only way to clear it in anything resembling an efficient manner.
The music helps too.
Now, the Jennifer bossfight, that's a complete bitch, especially when you're not into bullet hell games. I'm kinda surprised you got that on the first try; guess it shows how well the bosses are done when they test different player skills.

I found Silent Sands to be somewhat grating, but I happened to like the music. Also, the cactus-plant/thingy boss was stupid as Hell's Bells, especially on Nightmare.

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 21, 2014

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Sgt Thud posted:

Actually you unlock the third character for just beating the game once, as either Yunica or Hugo, I'm pretty sure.

You have to beat the game with either Yunica or Hugo. After that, you can move onto the third character's story mode.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Fighting Khlonsclard is the equivalent of removing your brain and stuffing it in the nearest electrical outlet. I'd go as far as to say that it's like trying to fight an inferno with a grill and a lit birthday candle.

Worst boss fight in Ys Origins, hands down.

Variant_Eris fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 5, 2015

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

toddy. posted:

I bought this game to play along with the thread how do I do something already covered in a video?
Guys I need to know.

You cheat. And you cheat even more.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

asymmetrical posted:

Dalles is so fabulous in this. :allears:

He's so bishonen that everyone swoons (and sparkles) whenever he gets into a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

asymmetrical posted:

What, how did Feena levitate and combine the Black Pearl and Dreaming Idol? I thought the whole point of the barrier was that it kept her magic in and other magic out.

A goddess did it. Who needs rules?

• Locked thread