Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I picked this game up because of the Oath in Felghana LP (also because of being a Ys fan who loved the SNES versions music) and this LP has helped me quite a bit on my run through of the game.
Mainly the alternative controller setup to charge magic while doing other things and the weird engine tidbits with enemy and Hugo/Yunica's attacks.

I didn't find the Silent Sands so much of a slog as Hugo except for the Evil Ring skeletons. Which I could forgive because Rado's Annex has good music.
I almost beat Khlonsclard without realizing you could stun the body just by attacking it a bunch. Made that fight a lot easier.

And then I got to the Burning Blood and got through it in one sitting because it's like Valestein castle all over again and 'yeaaaaaah I'm pumped killing all these dudes while rockin' out~'
I'm not sure how well I'd hold up on Hard but on Normal I find Hugo's fire magic to be pretty awesome for dealing with Shrimps and the Electric fish. Mainly because the orbiting eyes tend to hitstun everything hitstunnable so I'd just run around like a maniac in the face of everything and switch to mines when I felt I needed to be more evasive/had a turret to own with one.

Defense is mainly valuable to help with the love-taps you get while going through dungeons/from bosses you're still learning. Not getting hit is the ultimate defense (although getting hit charges Boost faster.)

E: Oh right, Dallas. Dallas is my favorite type of villian: He has his reasons for doing what he's doing, he doesn't feel the need to tell you them, he doesn't do things just for :moreevil: and his antagonism is fairly passive. Yunica/Hugo are doing what they want/have to do and he seems to respect that.
Not stopping him from hinting things and being a snakey snake though.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alternatively how much power does it take to glue two artifacts together? It's probably more a case of finesse/Black Pearl shenanigans, with the replica being good enough to give the sorcerers 'we don't know how to work with the Black Pearl because that's the Goddess' job!' heeby jeebys.

On a more Meta note I found it interesting with the statue was actually made/melded into the form it's seen later. When I first picked it up I was like 'this statue is missing something' which everyone proceeded to verify. I was surprised that there was pretty much no fuss with getting the Replica, especially after what the Silent Sands pulled. It was refreshing.

• Locked thread