Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

I tapped out after Frank Grimes.

I cant watch season 9, but it's a testament to how great The Simpsons was that the first widely acknowledged bad one is 90 hours into the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I watched "You Only Move Twice" today. I'm probably not going to watch anymore.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

probably a good idea

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I stopped watching them in general when they got really into bible story/showtune episodes.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I stopped watching them in general when they got really into bible story/showtune episodes.

When did Seth McFarland take over the Simpsons?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Watched every waking hour until last night.

I wouldn't call Homer's Enemy a true mark of the end, but certainly an indication of what's to come. There are a few misses through the first half of season 9. Then The Principal and the Pauper ends the period of mostly good episodes. There are only a handful of good episodes after that, until Saddlesore Galactica quite literally beats that dead horse into the ground.

ginealgo
Aug 21, 2014

by Ralp
as a child i remember the 'paint your wagon' episode being the first warning that something was wrong

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I never realized how many episodes I assumed were from 10 11 or 12 are season 9 episodes, though I also assumed a lot of the good season 9 episodes were from earlier seasons

Season 10 really is garbage though, I never thought about how sudden the decline was

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

pretty soft girl posted:

Season 10 really is garbage though, I never thought about how sudden the decline was

http://deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/

pro read if you're interested in behind the scenes info about how and why it got so bad so fast

long tho

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So is the Simpsons ending? why is it in the news and on the radio and having a marathon right now?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

pretty soft girl posted:

I never realized how many episodes I assumed were from 10 11 or 12 are season 9 episodes, though I also assumed a lot of the good season 9 episodes were from earlier seasons

Season 10 had some good moments though. "My god you're greasy."

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

I watched some of the season 2 part of the marathon and whenever they'd cut to a commercial for a season 21 episode or whatever I kept assuming they were showing clips from some teenager's newgrounds fan episode

Also I caught the hubbapalooza episode yesterday, double lmfao at that recent episode detailing how homer had a grunge band and met Lois I mean Marge in the nineties

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

I will give the simpsons credit I have never seen a show commit so fiercely to a culture of making GBS threads on their fans purely because some usenet nerds made some lame posts back in the 90s

Barts "if anything you owe THEM" speech from the poochie episode still makes me cringe

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

gently caress ian maxtone graham

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Well at least Bob's Burgers is still good.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland posted:

Well at least Bob's Burgers is still good.

are you changing constantly between beardguy and wonder woman avatars or am i imagining it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
If theres a marathon that explains the litany of snap chats ive received

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The episode with the jockey elves is probably the worst I've seen but I hate the Principle and the Pauper more because it aired when I still cared about the show.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

im actually armin tamzarian

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Wow, Im really surprised anyone can watch past season seven. Some people would watch a turd dry it seems.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan posted:

are you changing constantly between beardguy and wonder woman avatars or am i imagining it

Hahaha, you're going insane.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
are we still doing ded bort? because ded bort.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Rapman the Cook posted:

Wow, Im really surprised anyone can watch past season seven. Some people would watch a turd dry it seems.

What's your usenet handle

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Since I stopped watching, I get reminded maybe once a year that their is still a Simpsons show. This has gone on 15 years.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

FogHelmut posted:

gently caress ian maxtone graham

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's hard to grasp that an entire generation of Americans were born and lived under the shadow of bad-era Simpsons

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I remember when some dude at school gave me all 15 seasons of the Simpsons and I was like "drat that a lot of simpsons". That was 10 years ago.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Saddlesore Galactica or the Kidz Newz one are tied for death of the simpsons for me. Seasons 3-7 are Greatest of All Time TV though

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I watched a good chunk of the season 4 part of the marathon and loved it, but holy poo poo are those episodes old looking back on it. And I remember saying the show was really bad ten years ago.

My opinion is that the show runners just don't give a gently caress, know it's really bad now, and keep marching on out of a combination of tradition and trolling the nerds who still talk about how bad it is now. I was reading a list of can't miss episodes in a reputable (i.e., non-Internet) newspaper and all their picks were airing this yesterday or before, and there is still another week of this marathon.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Torka posted:

pro read if you're interested in behind the scenes info about how and why it got so bad so fast

long tho

That was pretty good.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i have seasons 1-9 on dvd and watch them every night while i go to bed. i have been doing this for going on 8 years now.

i am bort

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
lingo, dead?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's ridiculous that The Simpsons had a '138th episode spectacular' which happened AFTER Mr. Burns got shot.

And then they've had 414 more episodes after that. Just...the longevity of it is staggering.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I watched Poochie and the John Waters one in a row last night and they were loving hilarious, what happened to that show

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

the john waters one was actually poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

the john waters one was actually poo poo

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Torka posted:

long tho

Thank you for this read, fascinating and informative!

I watched up until season six. Would have kept going, but Direct TV came to change my provider and now I don't get FXX. I had forgotten how great this show was.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

True story

I loved season 10-12. But then my friends staged an intervention for me and told me I could never do drugs again since I was an rear end in a top hat when high and ruined their trip.

So the moral is 5-8 million people are doing some crazy good poo poo.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I caught a few episodes yesterday.
From prizefighting Homer to Flanders flipping the gently caress out.
I think I tapped out during the Poochie episode.

Panamaniac fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

the impson family

• Locked thread