Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
it was the only good episode of that season btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I don't remember what season it was and the show was already hard on the decline but the episode where I consciously decided to stop watching was the one where Bart moves into a cool skateboard loft and I think meets Green Day? I didn't laugh even once and I haven't seen an episode since :geno:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was a lot of words for "Phil Hartman died and they ran out of ideas."

Phil Hartman may've been doing "minor" characters but man were they good. I can't find a decent copy of the Planet of the Apes musical scene, but that song's been stuck in my head for ages. DR ZAIUS DR ZAIUS

when he died I remember thinking how much of a hit the simpsons was going to take and it did

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Rasta_Al posted:

I specifically remember The Simpsons starting to suck in episode where they went to New York to get Homer's car back.

I loved that show, and I remember thinking at that point that the well was running dry. That was 15 years ago.

That's where I gave up.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't remember what season it was and the show was already hard on the decline but the episode where I consciously decided to stop watching was the one where Bart moves into a cool skateboard loft and I think meets Green Day? I didn't laugh even once and I haven't seen an episode since :geno:

Blink 182, season 14. Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Jesus, I lasted until season fourteen :psyduck:

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

Phil Hartman may've been doing "minor" characters but man were they good. I can't find a decent copy of the Planet of the Apes musical scene, but that song's been stuck in my head for ages. DR ZAIUS DR ZAIUS

when he died I remember thinking how much of a hit the simpsons was going to take and it did

Not to mention Newsradio. He was so good that his death killed two of the best shows of the last 20 years.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Is that the Tony Hawk 300th episode? That was when I knew the Simpsons sucked.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
Yup that's the one. And I keep watching 11 years later because I hate myself. I hate myself so much. I deserve this.

The worst part is that season 25 Simpsons makes season 14 look loving brilliant.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

remember when horner said: "doh!" hah ah ha ha ha good times

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The old animation was visually interesting. New stuff is so flat and :effort:

e:

Monobrow baby just looks bored

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

simpsons in widescreen and HD is really weird

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I remember talking about the simpsons with a coworker a few years ago. I guess he never missed a show and probably still doesn't. I told him I couldn't watch it anymore after the 6th or 7th season and the last time I watched one I got irritated at out how bad it was.

He said "Its starting to get better again." At that time it was after 15 seasons of bad that it was starting to get better again. I watched a episode only to find it hadn't really started to get better.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

the funniest joke in the last 10 years of simpsons episodes:

Maybe they meant it was going to be unceremoniously cancelled soon

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

He said "Its starting to get better again."

I've been hearing idiots say that same phrase for 15 years.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I've never seen even a single episode of the Simpsons, even with the marathon being on. I guess I've just never been interested.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
the simpsons never "got bad". there are tons of lovely, boring episodes in the early seasons. there are plenty of funny episodes in the later seasons. you guys are dumb and wrong and gay, sorry.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

the simpsons never "got bad". there are tons of lovely, boring episodes in the early seasons. there are plenty of funny episodes in the later seasons. you guys are dumb and wrong and gay, sorry.

What are some of your favourite episodes from the last 5 years?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

bitterandtwisted posted:

e:

why is this? The old stuff was way more charming

did an artguy die or something or did they just stop caring

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

because now most animation is done with computers by korean sweatshop artists to save money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The Simpsons has a consistent future timeline across three episodes. The first episode of that future timeline takes place in the far off future year of 2013. Going further back 'Lisa's Wedding' takes place in 2010.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Rapman the Cook posted:

Wow, Im really surprised anyone can watch past season seven. Some people would watch a turd dry it seems.

He says, seemingly ignoring that You Only Move Twice is the single best episode of the entire show.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Bro Dad posted:

because now most animation is done with computers by korean sweatshop artists to save money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo
Didn't they do a joke about Asian sweatshops making their shows like 20 years ago that was actually funny and not horribly depressing?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Senor Ding Dong is some good av material.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Sashimi posted:

Didn't they do a joke about Asian sweatshops making their shows like 20 years ago that was actually funny and not horribly depressing?

lol asian sweatshops have been the backbone of the animation industry for decades, hell the lion king was made in north korea for a 170k wire transfer

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bitterandtwisted posted:

e:

I can't get over Marge in the new animation. Her motion is so robotic.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

I can't get over Marge in the new animation. Her motion is so robotic.

Not only that, but everything is super expressive in the top gif. I mean even her hair bounces. Animating with Flash and computers is probably way cheaper yeah, but it just looks really weird in a comparison gif like that.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Look, say what you want about later seasons, but tomacco.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I can't get enough!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I've been watching about four days now. Breaks for work and stuff, but I'd say 95% of my tv viewing has now gone towards this marathon. I don't feel right. I feel sick.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

This is Bort.

"Put my shorts in your mouth."

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When are they gonna air the episode where Bart meets 50 cent that was so cool B)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Remember the episode where Lady Gaga visits Springfield and its all like 'lol Lady Gaga is weird.' Every bit as good as Stark Raving Dad.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sashimi posted:

Yes, it was Kent Brockman talking about the production of the Itchy and Scratchy movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itchy_%26_Scratchy:_The_Movie

“I’m here live in Korea to give you a first hand look at how American cartoons are made.” – Kent Brockman

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 26, 2014

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
lots of people mentioning best episodes but i haven't seen a single mention of homer goes to college, which is extremely underrated and also amazingly good

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

whatis posted:

lots of people mentioning best episodes but i haven't seen a single mention of homer goes to college, which is extremely underrated and also amazingly good

your bra bomb better work, nerdlinger

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

This brings me a peace in a way no other image ever has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I stopped watching regularly after season 13 (the show as a whole, not the marathon). When I checked in five or six years later, I wasn't expecting how different the show felt, even though season 13 itself was welllllll on its way down from what most people consider the Golden Years.

• Locked thread