Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

bitterandtwisted posted:

The old animation was visually interesting. New stuff is so flat and :effort:

e:

Monobrow baby just looks bored

I love how it seems the new animators had no clue what was even going on in that original scene. "Baby goes into cart, woman turns and looks. Okay lets do this"

Edit: Oh poo poo and the background. Its so boring and blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Mash posted:

Even though new episodes are awful, as a fan of Family Guy and The Simpsons I'm actually looking forward to the hour long crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhcbZmmB0U

Lol did you see that super long and violent and elaborate fight scene? I mean rofl! And they cant say the state name?! ROTFLOL

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

NiceGuy posted:

See I read/hear this all the time and I just don't get it because I absolutely cannot watch any of the old Family Guy episodes. They're clunky, the voices are off and I just don't find any of the jokes funny. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not at all holding up current Family Guy as anything but a guilty pleasure but I've just never been able to wrap my head around people preferring the early seasons.

Im not saying old Family Guy is good now that Im not 14, but the post-cancelation episodes went into overdrive with their cutaway gags about movies. What used to be a 15 or 30 second gag based on a scene from a movie is now a complete shot for shot remake of the entire scene but with FG characters. The old ones at least didnt need to stop dead for 5 minutes because they wanted to recreate every single frame from Little Shop of Horror's Somewhere Thats Green except this time with Chris and the old pedo.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Heres old naked Burns vs new naked Burns

Notice how even the background lacks any detail

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Simpsons songs!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVusSqEzVHY

• Locked thread