Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
it was beginning to get stale beforehand, but i always 'drew the line' at the japan episode. they could have made a clean break after that one, leaving us to imagine what could have been instead of subjecting us to what actually followed. the simps would continue to be regarded as a quality show from beginning to end, instead of a show that used to be good and now sucks real bad

scrub lover fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
it was the only good episode of that season btw

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

lol i don't think you know how money works if they stop making episodes they stop making money so you keep making episodes until you run out of fans

i get why they're still making it but i can still lament that a once-great show is being kept on life support because a lot of retards still watch it

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
yeah like 3-6 are absolute gold, but all the others up to 9 are still pretty good. even 10 has its moments.

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

FrumpleOrz posted:

Season 8.

The episode I distinctly remember hating and realizing the show was on the downward slide was Bart The Mother, when he accidentally raises those lizards in the eggs from the nest of a bird he killed. Man, I hated that episode so much. My brother still likes to remind me at how angry I got when the episode was finally over. That was in season 10, right?

plus it was phil hartman's last episode :(

Keith Stack posted:

The Simpsons marathon has been tough to watch, knowing that Dr. Hibbert sexually assaulted a woman in the 1970s.

Uh hee hee hee hee.

hosed up if true

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
i swear this :smug: face is exclusive to the poo poo seasons (10-present). not counting comic book guy i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

I Greyhound posted:

Homer getting a gun (The Cartridge Family) was the last episode of the Simpsons I watched. That was the one where I said "Who the hell is this rear end in a top hat and what did he do with Homer J. Simpson?"

making homer unlikeable is arguably the biggest blunder made by the simpsons staff

• Locked thread