Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was a lot of words for "Phil Hartman died and they ran out of ideas."

Phil Hartman may've been doing "minor" characters but man were they good. I can't find a decent copy of the Planet of the Apes musical scene, but that song's been stuck in my head for ages. DR ZAIUS DR ZAIUS

when he died I remember thinking how much of a hit the simpsons was going to take and it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
bort

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
The critic owns and I've been meaning to watch it again its all on YouTube I think or was years ago when I watched it at work

Full of country goodness and green peaness

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Evenings with the Simpsons were also a tradition of my house, and every so often my wife and I watch an episode now and I am all like "I remember when this first aired oh gently caress I'm old"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lil mortimer posted:

Family Guy is garbage.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mash posted:

IMO Family Guy has only gone up in quality since they came back on the air and for every joke that falls flat, there's enough to carry the rest of each episode.

But then again

Do you have any examples because I've tried watching it a few times and it is just absolutely terrible in the same ways its always been to me

i am not trying to call you out or troll you or trigger you I am curious if there are good family guy episodes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Whorelord posted:

i hate to serious post but also the racism

like in the brian dies episode there's basically 5 minutes of uninterrupted non-ironic in any way racist jokes about native americans. i was like 'drat'

Yeah the racism and misogyny is just way over the top and doesn't really feel ironic to me anymore, there's been domestic abuse jokes where the punchline is simply "domestic abuse, lol"

like it's just uncomfortable to watch it, I'm not a tumblrite OMG EVERYTHING TRIGGERS ME kind of person or anything and I don't think that TV characters always have to get their comeuppance for being an rear end in a top hat and that everything has to be positive and cheerful but family guy just seems kind of excessive

LIKE THAT TIME IN THE 80S WHEN PERSON DID THING

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
To be fair I thought the episode where Brian did hallucinogens was really cool looking and they did that one well

and I basically liked Road to Rhode Island and whatever that other one was where Stewie and Brian traveled together, I feel like Stewie and Brian focused episodes tend to be alright

Stewie got a little better when the abandoned the OMG LOL THAT BABBY IS EVIL!!! HE WANTS TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD LOL schtick or stopped pushing it so hard anyway

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
how long till it has a laugh track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Leroy Dennui posted:

I'd totally watch a spin-off based on this phrase.

Black or white Smithers though

• Locked thread