Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I'm house sitting for my sister, and she got the most basic cable package she could, so no FXX. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Recently she was mentioning that she'd been watching The Simpsons, and that she forgot how clever and funny it really is! I don't know if she was watching old reruns or what, or if she now loves unfunny poo poo.

What season was the one where Homer got raped by a panda? That was basically the beginning of the end, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I remember when they had their 100th episode and everyone was like WHOA!!

They had these bumpers, which I mostly just remember because of the "100" with Bart's eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmioLobqHEg

That was twenty years ago :eyepop:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

ashgromnies posted:

One of my first shirts is Bart giving a thumbs-up, saying, "don't have a cow, man!"

I wish I still had it. I also miss the Simpsons/Butterfinger tie-in commercials. Quality 90stalgia there.

edit: oshiii http://shop.fox.com/simpsons-dont-have-a-cow-classic-t-shirt/detail.php?p=366273

I watched a friend get in trouble at school for one of the "I'm Bart Simpson. Who the hell are you?" shirts. They made her go turn it inside out. :laugh:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
They outsourced animation to Korea from the very start (like everyone else). Some Enchanted Evening is notorious for being the one at the beginning that got redone because it came out so lovely, but I didn't find actual frames of the original version until I looked again just now, courtesy of some blog with annoying text. Daaaamn.

But there are also the frames from later episodes posted before with Bart's mouth on the other side of his head. Smear animation is pretty common,

Not just in The Simpsons but in most cartoons.

Apparently part of the original Some Enchanted Evening is a Season 1 DVD extra, but I don't have that, so maybe everyone else has seen it and I'm just a loser :shrug: (I saw someone say "what happened to the animation?" "now everything is outsourced to Korea" so that made me think of this)

you were warned fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 27, 2014

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Hey guys. Remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6Kp7q5tbA

Remember???

Actually, it's kinda retained more entertainment value than the most recent episode. I watched it on Hulu the other day.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Germstore posted:

The most recent season was bad- like really really bad- so bad they made the preceding few seasons look good in comparison- like so bad that they decided that anyone still watching is going to watch no matter how little effort they put in.

I watched the latest one the other day. Looks like it was the season finale. Woooo, Lisa narrating two dumb storylines that barely come together at the end! I laughed once, when the older kids pull down a map to hide betting odds on a chalkboard and it's a giant map of the USSR. Probably because my mom still had a full encyclopedia set with the Soviet Union and East/West Germany on all the maps well into the late nineties. A one-second "outdated teaching materials are funny" gag was the highlight of the whole thing for me. :geno:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I thought of this while I was cleaning earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKGRE7DlB8I&t=37s

Memories...

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I'm watching an episode that started out with a half-assed Breaking Bad reference for no reason. Now it is being narrated for no reason. Now Milhouse is acting like a jerk so that Lisa will fall for him, and it's working and she's all giggly about his ~manliness~ and I hate this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Hahaha please tell me they referenced weird twitter

• Locked thread