Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Graffiti roundups are fine.

Also, drat, they sure introduce you to conduit-analogues early on. Two different varieties, even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cardinal direction
Feb 20, 2011

This shit is bananas
Whoa, sorry about that. Scheduling co-commentary can be pretty tough! Hopefully there won't be as long a wait in the future.

Anyway, :siren: 4. Kinda Nouveau Sick or 2007 style (guesting: Saria the sage) :siren:

I say it in the description, but you might want to keep annotations on for this one. I thought some people might be interested in knowing how places are gotten to but if you don't care and just want to see stuff blow up/the next bit of story, then hopefully those'll be useful for you.

cardinal direction fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 10, 2014

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.
Man those neon effects look pretty good, and it's a neat idea for a power, glad this seems to be the next on the list instead of lame old rocks.

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI1PZoxzdHo&t=1430s

Holy poo poo she has one hell of an obsession with Travis Bickle.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
You make this game look fun to play. Although it might be all the WHOOSHing through the vents.

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
Between the hype of PT and your LP of this game, I'm getting awfully tempted to buy myself a PS4.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

A way I found to remember the difference between stalactites and stalagmites which in my opinion was easier then 'hanging tight to the ceiling' is that stalaCtites grow from the Ceiling and stalaGmites grow from the Ground

Edit - I agree with Sage; I used to like Catcher in the Rye, but then I grew up and realised just how goddamn whiney it is. I suppose it appealed to me becasue it was the first... stream of consciousness work I had ever seen?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 10, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Samovar posted:

Edit - I agree with Sage; I used to like Catcher in the Rye, but then I grew up and realised just how goddamn whiney it is. I suppose it appealed to me becasue it was the first... stream of consciousness work I had ever seen?

Catcher in the Rye is basically an adult writing how an emo kid would do his diary.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The only reason I even remember Catcher in the Rye anymore is because of Stand Alone Complex season 1.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I read it and got little enjoyment out of it in my junior year of high school. I found Holden to be a whiny brat and way too close for comfort to the "weird kids" in school to enjoy anything from him. You know, the kinda odd nerds with a superiority complex who wear pants with too many chains and eyelets and exclusively hang out with the same dozen or so people. Holden Caulfield would be one of those kids if the book was set today.

The only thing I got out of it was a project where we had to make a fictional soundtrack CD for the film of the book and I put a few Buckethead songs on it.

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart

Samovar posted:

A way I found to remember the difference between stalactites and stalagmites which in my opinion was easier then 'hanging tight to the ceiling' is that stalaCtites grow from the Ceiling and stalaGmites grow from the Ground

Hang on tight. Try as they might. Is the only way it's done.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got the "hold on tight" pun from an Archie comic over 10 years ago and I've never forgotten it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, so we're fighting a fellow graffiti vigilante? Probably someone who's native to Seattle rather than an escapee.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know man, the Neon themed super powers makes it seem like it's probably the latter over the former.

cardinal direction
Feb 20, 2011

This shit is bananas
:siren: 5. Go Fetch or commentary over cutscenes (guesting: ilthrel) :siren:

And in case you missed it, 2007 style of episode 4 has been up for awhile.

cardinal direction fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 19, 2014

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.
It almost feels like the ball gets dropped on a lot of cool concepts so far. That boss fight could have been a lot cooler and more engaging with all the fancy light show effects they want to give this power, but in the end it was really just like any normal encounter but with more HP on the enemy. Hope they pick things up with future bosses.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It feels kind of like there's a scene missing in there. "Hey, let's talk," and then you're standing back on the road doing tutorial missions while Reggie pouts at you.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Can I just say how cool the powers are in this game so far. The visual effects alone make them all look really awesome. I'm in love with the Neon dash. :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do like that the powers are not... like, fire/ice/air whatever. This off-the-wall power approach makes them seem reallly cool, and you also don't really know how it is going to be used.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
That's one thing I like about the inFamous world, the powers by and large are more off the wall than the typical elemental triad.
We have your normal electricity, ice, fire, and rock with Cole, Kuo, Nix, and Augustine. But then we have tar from Sasha, metal from Alden, swamp stuff from Bertrand, smoke, neon, and unseen power from this game, Paper from the DLC, and then a couple unused ones like wire, glass, and masonry.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Most of neon's good powers are better than the evil ones, it helps that neon has the best karma bomb, making it worthwhile for a good player to master. The time slowdown on zoom is good only and you really miss it on your evil playthroughs.

Smoke has a good mix of upgrades between good and evil so neither is strictly better.

The next power (because of course there is one, we've even seen it already) is far and away better for an evil character, there is no contest.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Each new power looks really cool, but at the same time makes me sad. I know it's very :spergin: of me. Neon light is not a good energy source. What's more, it's not stored in the sign in the form of light, so what you're really draining is chemical energy (or maybe it's electrical energy, from reading the Wikipedia), and it's not neon-colored once you've absorbed it, it can be any color.

I'm done. The colors are pretty.

TurboJ9000
Nov 4, 2012

I noticed as Delsin is following the trail of neon marks he at one point passes a restaurant (or something) called "Cole McG's".

Edit: it's visible at 15:07 for about 2 seconds.

TurboJ9000 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 18, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's an electronics store. The TV we watched to start the Fetch quest (:v:) was in a Cole McG's

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
All of the new powers (except one) are really fun. I think the developers did a good job making each one different. Smoke, to me, always felt heavy and strong. Neon felt fast and a little weaker. Plus, the after-effect of the neon running just looks cool. Even after getting the other, and possibly more maneuverable, power, I would run around with neon because it looked good.

TurboJ9000
Nov 4, 2012

Kurieg posted:

It's an electronics store. The TV we watched to start the Fetch quest (:v:) was in a Cole McG's

Ah. That makes sense.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Kurieg posted:

Most of neon's good powers are better than the evil ones, it helps that neon has the best karma bomb, making it worthwhile for a good player to master. The time slowdown on zoom is good only and you really miss it on your evil playthroughs.

On the other hand, headshots are usually much easier to get than ankle shots, since enemies hiding behind cover will poke their heads out to shoot but keep their feet out of sight. I can't tell you how many enemies I accidentally vaporized on my good playthrough, but it was more than none.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This next part is gonna suck and finally cement me on a problem that I think Sucker Punch desperately needs to fix or outsource or something.

Also, third game in this trilogy, still asking if you want to just switch sides randomly in the middle of the game rather than asking at the beginning and basing the game around Good Delsin vs Evil Delsin.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nidoking posted:

On the other hand, headshots are usually much easier to get than ankle shots, since enemies hiding behind cover will poke their heads out to shoot but keep their feet out of sight. I can't tell you how many enemies I accidentally vaporized on my good playthrough, but it was more than none.

Yeah I definitely vaporised quite a few on my evil run. There were some situations where I decided for the sake of pragmatism, I should just vaporise a few of the more irritating targets.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

InFamous: Second Son - Get Your Convulsion On

cardinal direction
Feb 20, 2011

This shit is bananas
Alright, my thinking is one more video and then the next graffiti roundup. I might do a quick 'collectathon' video to show off the mission types and clear out at least one entire district. Anyway, this being the case, let's have another vote and get ahead of the game:

Pastree! or Calimari's Revenge

Rock'em Sock'em Icon or Straining Wheels

You Scratch My Back or Stairway to Headwound

Oopsy-DUPsy or Fish Food

Lens Crap or Raven Lunatic

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I'm going with Calimari's Revenge, Rock 'em Sock 'em Icon, You Scratch My Back, Fish Food, and Lens Crap.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
I'm gonna say Calimari's Revenge, Rock'em Sock'em Icon, Stairway to Headwound, Fish Food, and Raven Lanutic

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Smoke has a good mix of upgrades between good and evil so neither is strictly better.

The next power (because of course there is one, we've even seen it already) is far and away better for an evil character, there is no contest.

Really? I seem to remember that the next power had a few good powers that pretty much let you take out a few enemies with just about zero hassle. Frankly all of the powers are really good for either karmic persuasion (which may be why I dug good next power so much but preferred evil neon to good neon), but they play pretty differently if you're good or bad- just like the first two games good is more precision based and can help you take down enemies quickly with a bit of care, while evil is all about area of effect and overwhelming firepower.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Calimari's Revenge

Rock'em Sock'em Icon

You Scratch My Back

Oopsy-DUPsy

Raven Lunatic

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

Really? I seem to remember that the next power had a few good powers that pretty much let you take out a few enemies with just about zero hassle. Frankly all of the powers are really good for either karmic persuasion (which may be why I dug good next power so much but preferred evil neon to good neon), but they play pretty differently if you're good or bad- just like the first two games good is more precision based and can help you take down enemies quickly with a bit of care, while evil is all about area of effect and overwhelming firepower.

Good is nice for subduing enemies and building up a karmic streak but Evil is very good at straight up killing. Evil gets 5 blades at once, longer and more accurate fire on the basic attack, and 3 demons at once rather than the one angel. It makes the boss fights much easier.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Calamari's Revenge
Rock 'em Sock 'em
Stairway to Headwound
Oopsy-DUPsy
Lens Crap

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
Calimari's Revenge

Rock'em Sock'em Icon

Stairway to Headwound

Fish Food

Raven Lunatic

Welp there are my votes

High-Water Marx
Dec 30, 2007

History is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of gnarly waves

Poll time!

Calimari's Revenge
Rock'em Sock'em Icon
You Scratch My Back
Fish Food
Raven Lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gotta admit, when I first saw this game I expected "Donte the demon killer" style protagonist and writing. I'm pleasantly surprised by the writing so far though.

Also,

Calimari's Revenge
Rock'em Sock'em Icon
You Scratch My Back
Oopsy-DUPsy
Raven Lunatic

• Locked thread