Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
like, in my home country, most sausages are the lovely slim hot dog variety and they are disgusting. ham isn't very good either.
but british sausages are these humongous, fat things, and they are absolutely beautiful, even the cheap ones. please explain, goon cooking affectionados

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
NB: I'm not actually talking about dicks here

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
are you in the us? because you get pretty fuckin good sausage in the New Orleans area, also Alabama. Not that I'm advocating visiting those places, but i'm sure they can ship you some.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
unfortunately I am in the Soviet Union so my options for good produce are severely limited by political bullshit

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
That's it, tomorrow morning I'm going to buy a sausage roll with tomato sauce. You can't stop me OP

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Captain Matchbox posted:

That's it, tomorrow morning I'm going to buy a sausage roll with tomato sauce. You can't stop me OP

don't worry you enjoy that meanwhile I'm going to have some moderately good serbian ham. remove kebab

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Following concerns about health and user preference (distaste for horsemeat), heightened by the BSE crisis in the 1990s and the 2013 horsemeat scandal, the quality of the meat content in many British sausages improved with a return to the artisanal production of high quality traditional recipes, which had previously been in decline. However, many cheaper sausages contain mechanically recovered meat or meat slurry, which must be so listed on packaging.

The minimum meat content to be labelled Pork Sausages is 42% (30% for other types of meat sausages), although to be classed as meat, the Pork can contain 30% fat and 25% connective tissue. Often the cheapest supermarket pork sausages do not have the necessary meat content to be described as "pork sausages" and are simply labelled "sausages"; with even less meat content they are described as "bangers" (an unregulated name).[14]

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's my cum.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
British sausages are terrible. It's lovely meat mixed with bread rusk and bad spices.

You want a real sausage? Here you go, a German Brat:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
brats are extremely my poo poo however i respect that some goons may not enjoy them and, in fact, may like things that i do not like. we are all children of Madre Terra and it's important to love one another instead of argue about the little things

namaste :)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the king of all sausage is hot links cooked till they got some char and split about halfway.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

haggis supremacy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mulefisk posted:

British sausages are terrible. It's lovely meat mixed with bread rusk and bad spices.

You want a real sausage? Here you go, a German Brat:

i grew up with lower standards

LifeSizePotato posted:

haggis supremacy

gross

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
oh and that sausage they grind every morning at little italy is really good.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Bockwurst. That's real size, by the way. Brits don't know poo poo about sausages.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
buckwurst looks simultaneously appetising and like a murder weapon

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
my memory of german sausages is that they were a ghostly white and served in a bucket of lukewarm salt water. They were extremely slimy and filled with a damp, pale meat with little consistency

that's my german sausage story

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Spanish chorizo is amazing, it's nothing like the poo poo they make in Mexico.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
chorizo is great when you want your eggs to give you the all day pant poops.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Ferid posted:

Spanish chorizo is amazing, it's nothing like the poo poo they make in Mexico.

it's true, chop it up an put it in everything you cook

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Rhymenoserous posted:

are you in the us? because you get pretty fuckin good sausage in the New Orleans area, also Alabama.

Goons love Reform, AL, hot dogs.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i just hit little ethnicity places for sausage.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

coarsely minced meat, OP

that said the gbs UK thread has a butcher and a sausage seller so maybe ask them

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3601343

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

scalded schlong posted:

coarsely minced meat, OP

that said the gbs UK thread has a butcher and a sausage seller so maybe ask them

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3601343

is that UK for serial killer and gigalo?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bitterandtwisted posted:

Following concerns about health and user preference (distaste for horsemeat), heightened by the BSE crisis in the 1990s and the 2013 horsemeat scandal, the quality of the meat content in many British sausages improved with a return to the artisanal production of high quality traditional recipes, which had previously been in decline. However, many cheaper sausages contain mechanically recovered meat or meat slurry, which must be so listed on packaging.

The minimum meat content to be labelled Pork Sausages is 42% (30% for other types of meat sausages), although to be classed as meat, the Pork can contain 30% fat and 25% connective tissue. Often the cheapest supermarket pork sausages do not have the necessary meat content to be described as "pork sausages" and are simply labelled "sausages"; with even less meat content they are described as "bangers" (an unregulated name).[14]

I love to treat myself to M&S Sausages from time to time. They are 97% Pork meat and simply divine and not that expensive at like £2.79.

"What’s in them? British Outdoor Bred Pork (97%), sea salt, water, dried coriander, white pepper, dried onions, ground nutmeg, E223 (sulphites), ascorbic acid, natural pork casing."

Compare that to Tesco Value Pork Sausages ingredents, that cost £0.66p:

"Pork (65%), Water, Wheat Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Stabilisers (Disodium Diphosphate, Tetrasodium Diphosphate), Spices, Yeast Extract, Dextrose, Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite), Spice Extracts, Beef Collagen Casing, Pork contains: Pork Shoulder, Rehydrated (Pork Rind), Pork Fat, Pork Belly, Spices contains: Nutmeg, Pepper, Spice Extracts contains: Spice Extract (Coriander Extract, Ginger Extract, Salt, Nutmeg Extract, Pepper Extract), Anti Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Processing Aid (Maltodextrin), Beef Collagen Casing contains: Beef Protein, Processing Aid (Water, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Oil, Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose), Glycerine, Cellulose"

They still have 65% "Pork", but I bet its not the same sort of pork in the M&S ones.

spud fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 25, 2014

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i mean really, who doesn't love a banger in the mouth?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

TOILETLORD posted:

is that UK for serial killer?

German black market depression era sausages

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzeDZtx3wUw&t=60s

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
lmao about people getting nationalistic about mushed up pig labia, ears and rear end meat all mushed up and pumped into a washed intestine. literally lmbo lol haha lol rofle

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
eating a slice of sausage on a biscuit right now op

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

eating a slice of sausage on a biscuit right now op

A real sausage biscuit? Or are you eating it on a cookie? This is important, and will effect the number of high fives dispensed.

Dr. Bit
Jun 14, 2005
I do miss British ham. Not sure what it is, but I've never been able to find the American equivalent. Canadian bacon is kind of the right idea, but still off. So I'm with you on this one, OP. Maybe some British ex-pat can point us in the right direction. It's probably just fried in lots of butter or something.

Edit: I guess I mean British "bacon." That would explain why I didn't find it anywhere, I kept looking for ham. Check this delicious poo poo out: http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2010/04/a-guide-to-bacon-styles-and-how-to-make-proper-british-rashers.html

Dr. Bit fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 25, 2014

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Horses obviously.

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
stewed tomatoes, Yorkshire pudding, beans for breakfast, commonwealth food is pretty awesome. English sausages are good, but I have to agree that the Germans have the English beat there.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I am flying high above this thread in my roflcopter devouring delicious Elgin, Texas beef and jalepeno sausages, cackling delightfully as the juice escapes my mouth onto the heads of the culinary peasants beneath me.

Eat poo poo(ty sausage) GBS.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

brats are extremely my poo poo however i respect that some goons may not enjoy them and, in fact, may like things that i do not like. we are all children of Madre Terra and it's important to love one another instead of argue about the little things

namaste :)

Shut up rear end in a top hat

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TOILETLORD posted:

i just hit little ethnicity places for sausage.

Learned from your mother I see.

Aug 4, 2010

hey op have you tried square sausage? you should try square sausage

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Made from real chav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

plumper fuckbus posted:

I am flying high above this thread in my roflcopter devouring delicious Elgin, Texas beef and jalepeno sausages, cackling delightfully as the juice escapes my mouth onto the heads of the culinary peasants beneath me.

Eat poo poo(ty sausage) GBS.

I like Slovacek's from West, TX better myself, but Elgin makes good sausage as well.

• Locked thread