Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should the US just go for it and become an empire?
Yes! 1000 years of 'Murica!
No. forcing democracy on people is a contradiction.
Lurk Moar before you post, Applewhite.
View Results

• Locked thread
Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Izumi Konata posted:

explicit v implicit, friend.

nobody died when clinton lied.

Japan, West Germany, and South Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

are you retarded

Manifest posted:

He must be, everyone knows that the space colonization path is the quickest way to win.

Alright so I've never been patient enough with Civ to get those victories, but I'm sure those grapes are sour anyway. The greatest pleasure in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, not sell them blue jeans.

Manifest posted:

OP has never read any Howard Zinn.

Regrettably no. The most influential aspects of my education were the intellectual descendants of Leo Strauss and Harvey Mansfield. Disobedience and Democracy looks pretty interesting. I'll probably start there unless you have a particular favorite you'd like to recommend

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
all my history i remember is snippets from high school and it just covers a tad of america.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

TOILETLORD posted:

all my history i remember is snippets from high school and it just covers a tad of america.

The only time we were taught about America in high school was when we got to watch Full Metal Jacket at camp. I'm pretty sure the teachers thought that covered everything we needed to know - American foreign policy, culture, education, military strategy, ethics. On balance we should have been given A Fistful of Dollars too, so we could've learned about the civil war.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Hey stupid american scum what city do you want the next 911 to be in

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

IronClaymore posted:

The only time we were taught about America in high school was when we got to watch Full Metal Jacket at camp.

dude, thats prety cool.

once the baby boomers die off, goku's pants might overtake mickey mouse as the most popular write-in presidential candidate.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Throwdini posted:

Hey stupid american scum what city do you want the next 911 to be in

goku's pants, duh.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Throwdini posted: