Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
this is a medical fact: teenagers don't suffer from depression, they are just "angsty" or seeking attention

u can't have depression until you're 18 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
why my butt itchin

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A first break-up can lead to truamatizing emotional distress OP.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

a bone to pick posted:

A first break-up can lead to truamatizing emotional distress OP.

"emotional distress" is a funny way to spell "attention seeking"

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they just need to learn to make alcohol like i did in high school.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
are people under 18 even human? do they actually feel? pretty sure it's all an act

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

James Polk posted:

"emotional distress" is a funny way to spell "attention seeking"

I think you'd need to have a relationship first to understand, sorry.

Don Sultan
Aug 14, 2009

I am Sea Lion, hear me rwblbwoblbwoblbwoarr!
i was more pig sty and angsty

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Depression isn't real if you just listened to NIN

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
do some deadlifts and squats and your sadbrains will go away

secret life hack, plz don't steal

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
if you're over 18 too

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
depression is real if you live in poverty and see nothing in your future and nothing in your past.

depression is real if you live in material excess yet can't seem to escape the feelings of uselessness, incompetence, meaninglessness, or the constantly growing feeling of all the things you once enjoyed starting to feel like chores.

depression is your emotions telling you that the circumstances you are in are very very wrong whether those circumstances be your hosed up head or your hosed up life.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Tsinava posted:

depression is real if you live in poverty and see nothing in your future and nothing in your past.

depression is real if you live in material excess yet can't seem to escape the feelings of uselessness, incompetence, meaninglessness, or the constantly growing feeling of all the things you once enjoyed starting to feel like chores.

depression is your emotions telling you that the circumstances you are in are very very wrong whether those circumstances be your hosed up head or your hosed up life.

lol

depression is weakness dude, sack up

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Depression is when you want to gently caress but too cuck'd

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
depression is weakness but you are weaker as a person if you deny how truly sad you are.

to be weak is to be human.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why cant there just be an attention giving machine for all these people who want attention, seems like it would fix a lot of problem

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
also if youre truly depressed, you wont even want to kill yourself because you know you deserve to suffer living which actually makes it kind of badass

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Tsinava posted:

depression is weakness but you are weaker as a person if you deny how truly sad you are.

to be weak is to be human.

whatever, stephanie

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

or at the very least steal it, jeez

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Hwbrgdtse posted:

whatever, stephanie

im not your ex okay

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
depression isnt real, youre just channeling ur inner emo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
trip is depressed

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
when i was watching "whats eating gilbert grape" with my sister as a child and i was watching leonardo dicaprio acting like a retard and i was laughing and my sister smacked me on the head and said it wasnt funny it was depressing.

it's still funny to me. its also funny when they burn the house down with the super fat mom who dies after walking down the stairs or something. i think depression is very subjective stuff.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, OP. Please play Depression Quest to learn more.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

same

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Kyrie eleison posted:

are people under 18 even human? do they actually feel? pretty sure it's all an act

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Click all these youtubes at once for a lovely experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfEebCcQ-Ahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7VRj9IyCpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfEebCcQ-A

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
nailed it

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
depression rules

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
on the contrary, every teenager is depressed.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

wanting to gently caress cartoon version of your friends drawn as if they were part of the sonic the hedgehog universe, now that's the realest poo poo under 18

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Rad Tad posted:

wanting to gently caress cartoon version of your friends drawn as if they were part of the sonic the hedgehog universe, now that's the realest poo poo under 18

if it wasn't for you assholes on this idiot website I wouldn't even be aware of this bullshit, kill me also you

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
x isn't real because y insightful and a new spin on the low effort thread thanks op

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Gerty posted:

if it wasn't for you assholes on this idiot website I wouldn't even be aware of this bullshit, kill me also you

this is a textbook knuckles response

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

TOILETLORD posted:

are you my friend that made pruno and then, finding it had an unpleasant taste, buttchugged it all?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

what does real mean in the context of mental illness

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
what does anything mean man

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Torka posted: