Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

This is the Marvel Heroes Goons Inaugural Fantasy Football League. Click here to set up your team.

This will be a standard yahoo rules league with a .5 PPR. The positions are QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, RB/WR/TE flex, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

There is a one blessing buy in for entry into the league. Alternatives to the blessing buy in can be discussed and approved by the team owners as needed.

Teams (Marvel themed team names greatly encouraged. Non-theme names will run the risk of being renamed something suitably nerdy and horrible)

Owner / Team name / Buy in status

Trast - "Doom needs no huddle" - Collected
Tom Gorman (Zedmore) - "Sister Ministers" - Collected
Spudsly - Capn Americas Team - Collected
Fastestgunalive - "Kurt Wagner Warners" - Collected
Shino - "BAMF" - Collected
Harlock - "Vishanti's Playbook" - Collected
Nutter Better (YeNotGuilty) - "GuardianOfTheEndzone" - Collected
alansmithee - Alan's Dumb Default Name - ""
Disco Bandit - Returns of Raggadorr - Collected
StashAugustine - "Guten Tag Football" - Collected

Waiting list for openings:
KO Derf - "" - ""
DrBonerton - "" - ""

All rules and tweaks have been finalized. Turn in your buy in to your benevolent and handsome commissioner.

This will be my first time being a commissioner. So if I make any mistakes it is obviously Reed Richards fault. :doom:

More Kirby art just because.

Trast fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I would like to join and the draft time works for me. Witty team name to come later. I can afford the buy in.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Harlock posted:

I would like to join and the draft time works for me. Witty team name to come later. I can afford the buy in.

Added you to the team list.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Signed up as The Sister Ministers. (Zedmore in game)

Draft time works fine for me. I have another online draft and 1 in person draft that exact day and this one is earliest, so I'll be generally sober. Never done that before, hope it works out ok.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

Signed up as The Sister Ministers. (Zedmore in game)

Draft time works fine for me. I have another online draft and 1 in person draft that exact day and this one is earliest, so I'll be generally sober. Never done that before, hope it works out ok.

Added to the team list. Also drafting sober may help or harm you depending on your picking order. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Made a quick change to the positions by changing the third WR into a RB/WR/TE flex spot.

shino
Dec 28, 2004
do not open
Signed up as B A M F. Draft time works, but I'll be a little tired as that's 8 AM for me. No worries though.

shino fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 26, 2014

havok9
Aug 16, 2005

I'm interested, but can someone explain to me what the buy-in is?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

havok9 posted:

The buy-in is a silly item enchantment in the game Marvel Heroes that serves as a currency when trading for desirable items. It takes a couple hours (ish) to get one if you're just dicking around and doing quests.

Edit: if you're not currently playing the game and like Diablo click-em-ups and Marvel comics, you should be!

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 26, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

havok9 posted:

Tom Gorman already explained what it was so I won't. It is just a way to make things interesting and make it fun with a prize pool. If you don't play or are just starting to play I am pretty sure some alternative to the buy in can be made so everyone gets to play.

shino posted:

Signed up as B A M F. Draft time works, but I'll be a little tired as that's 8 AM for me. No worries though.

Added to the team list.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Just signed up under GuardianOfTheEndzone (stupid character limit). My name in game is YeNotGuilty.

The draft time is fine with me. I usually like it when the reward is split top 3 (7,2,1 blessings or something like that) but I've been in winner take all leagues as well so whichever.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sadly I may have to pull out. Unless you can do during the week next week. Out of town all this weekend. :(

Wish I could have done this but schedule is tight.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Eiffel On You posted:

Sadly I may have to pull out. Unless you can do during the week next week. Out of town all this weekend. :(

Wish I could have done this but schedule is tight.

Just let me know if things change or if you want to brave an auto-draft. I'll keep you penciled in for now.

Nut Better posted:

Just signed up under GuardianOfTheEndzone (stupid character limit). My name in game is YeNotGuilty.

The draft time is fine with me. I usually like it when the reward is split top 3 (7,2,1 blessings or something like that) but I've been in winner take all leagues as well so whichever.

Will add you to the list of teams.

Also I will make a wait list for anyone else interested in case the originally penciled in players have to back out or if we expand to twelve teams.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Words because FOOTBAW

1. If we're only running 10 teams (or 8) I recommend 2 QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/TE/Kicker/Def for starting lineup. Otherwise everyone ends up with superstar teams and you don't really need much of a bench because there's gonna be good players always on the waiver wire.

2. I'd personally prefer 1 ppr vs. .5, but if other people have a strong preference I'm amenable.

3. I'd really like to have an auction vs. snake draft. Makes sure everyone has a fair shot at whatever player they want, if they're willing to pay.

And saturday won't really work for me, got 2 drafts running all day. I'm entirely free Sunday, and likely Monday as well for the holiday.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hopefully we get some more players to join- just have to let them know its newb friendly and you don't even really need to like football.

Times that work for me (I live on the west coast):
Saturday evening
Sunday any time
Monday evening
Tuesday any time

Would like to see all sorts of awards and stuff

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

alansmithee posted:

Words because FOOTBAW

1. If we're only running 10 teams (or 8) I recommend 2 QB/2RB/3WR/Flex/TE/Kicker/Def for starting lineup. Otherwise everyone ends up with superstar teams and you don't really need much of a bench because there's gonna be good players always on the waiver wire.

2. I'd personally prefer 1 ppr vs. .5, but if other people have a strong preference I'm amenable.

3. I'd really like to have an auction vs. snake draft. Makes sure everyone has a fair shot at whatever player they want, if they're willing to pay.

And saturday won't really work for me, got 2 drafts running all day. I'm entirely free Sunday, and likely Monday as well for the holiday.

Regarding number one I think if we are at eight or ten that expanding the positions would be fine. Unless there is any objections I will add some if that is how things shake out.

Regarding number two PPR seems to bring out strong emotions in people so I set it as .5 as a hedge. If people want to go to one full point I am happy to do that.

Regarding number three I like auctions too but snake is easier for beginners and this is going to be a beginner friendly league.

:siren: Draft time headcount :siren:

Fine with August 30 2:00pm est : Harlock, Tom Gordon, Shino (would be 8:00am his time), Nut Better

Issue with August 30 2:00pm est : Eiffel on You (out of town for weekend), Alansmitthe (Sunday would be fine), FastestGunAlive (Sat evening, Sunday all, Mon evening, Tue all)

If you guys could let me know if Sunday August 31st might work so we can be accommodating as possible. Trying to nail down a time where we can get the most participation.

Finally which one of you is the Kurt Wagner Warners?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Sunday works good for me, either way I'm free all weekend.

No objections to 2QB, don't really care either way. Same with full PPR.

Snake is definitely easier for first timers. I'm fine with that. I'm pretty easygoing with fantasy FOOTBAW

shino
Dec 28, 2004
do not open
I don't have any objections to 2QB/full PPR but let's stick with Snake for the draft especially if some people might miss it and have to autopick.

Trast, I'll try to be on all of today to give you my buy-in, in-game-name is heyitsshino.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

shino posted:

I don't have any objections to 2QB/full PPR but let's stick with Snake for the draft especially if some people might miss it and have to autopick.

Trast, I'll try to be on all of today to give you my buy-in, in-game-name is heyitsshino.

This is the part I was dreading most. Not the collecting the blessings but making room in my bank to hold them.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Trast posted:

Regarding number one I think if we are at eight or ten that expanding the positions would be fine. Unless there is any objections I will add some if that is how things shake out.

Regarding number two PPR seems to bring out strong emotions in people so I set it as .5 as a hedge. If people want to go to one full point I am happy to do that.

Regarding number three I like auctions too but snake is easier for beginners and this is going to be a beginner friendly league.

:siren: Draft time headcount :siren:

Fine with August 30 2:00pm est : Harlock, Tom Gordon, Shino (would be 8:00am his time), Nut Better

Issue with August 30 2:00pm est : Eiffel on You (out of town for weekend), Alansmitthe (Sunday would be fine), FastestGunAlive (Sat evening, Sunday all, Mon evening, Tue all)

If you guys could let me know if Sunday August 31st might work so we can be accommodating as possible. Trying to nail down a time where we can get the most participation.

Finally which one of you is the Kurt Wagner Warners?

I'm the Kurt Wagner Warners and I will be changing team names on the reg

and Sunday any time is good for me

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I could do Sunday as well.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

I'm free on Sunday after 4pm (EST). I should be free most of Monday as well.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Looks like moving the draft to Sunday at 4:00pm est gives us the best participation possible. I will switch the draft to that.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I'll auto if it comes down to it. Sunday is much better and I have a chance to make it. If not, just autodraft yeah buddy.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Eiffel On You posted:

Yeah I'll auto if it comes down to it. Sunday is much better and I have a chance to make it. If not, just autodraft yeah buddy.

Okay that is good to hear. Let me know which team you are so I can list it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Sunday at 4 is ok with me. I'm signed up as alans awesome team or whatever stupid name it autopicked, i'll swap it later.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

alansmithee posted:

Sunday at 4 is ok with me. I'm signed up as alans awesome team or whatever stupid name it autopicked, i'll swap it later.

Great that gives us eight signed up.

Also made the divisions the AFC aka Avengers Football Conference and Mutant League Football because I am a huge dork.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
I joined this thing as "Returns of Raggadorr"

I am ipjones in game whenever you want to bilk me of my entry fee.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I will get in if the good Doctor Bonington can't make it. Never done fantasy football before but Sunday at 4 EST should work.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I just found out last night that one of my leagues is a no-go this year. If there is a space for me, I'm down to join up.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please allow an extra to take my spot.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
Not to nitpick but what is the point of having divisions? It seems like the only tangible outcome is to make it so teams with the best records don't necessarily make the playoffs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hooray looks like we're going to have enough for a 10 team league either way when all this gets sorted out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I will get in if the good Doctor Bonington can't make it. Never done fantasy football before but Sunday at 4 EST should work.

KO Derf posted:

I just found out last night that one of my leagues is a no-go this year. If there is a space for me, I'm down to join up.

:siren: StashAugustine you posted before KO Derf so you get first crack. Please make your team quickly so I can lock things down and make them final. Derf I can keep you in mind if we get a last second drop out.

Spudsly posted:

Not to nitpick but what is the point of having divisions? It seems like the only tangible outcome is to make it so teams with the best records don't necessarily make the playoffs

It is just common practice. Most leagues I've been in play head to head and it allows for smack talk which is always encouraged.

Eiffel On You posted:

Please allow an extra to take my spot.

Sorry your schedule didn't work out. :smith:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Me too trast. Thanks for considering me and good luck to everybody. Would have loved getting in. Have fun goons!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I locked the roster with Stash signing up. The draft is Sunday 31 4:00pm est. Draft order is randomized by Yahoo thirty minutes before draft time. Everyone should toss a hela on an artifact and get it to me before then so I don't have to hunt you all down. :doom:

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Trast posted:

It is just common practice. Most leagues I've been in play head to head and it allows for smack talk which is always encouraged.

Wait, are you talking about head to head or having divisions? Head to head is great and is common practice, divisions is just a bit of a drag because it ends up inevitably putting people in the playoffs because of their division rather than their record. I fear I'm coming off to strong though, I was just wondering what the advantage was.

Spudsly fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 30, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Spudsly posted:

Wait, are you talking about head to head or having divisions? Head to head is great and is common practice, divisions is just a bit of a drag because it ends up inevitably putting people in the playoffs because of their division rather than their record. I fear I'm coming off to strong though, I was just wondering what the advantage was.

Oh I misunderstood. Don't worry though things are set to seed the playoffs by overall standings by default so I left it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Just FYI I should still be able to make it but just had a bunch of stuff blow up at work that I'm being called in on. If I'm not there at the start feel free to have the autodraft fire. I'm sure I'll be able to make it up anyways with my superior trading and waiver wire skills :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

alansmithee posted:

Just FYI I should still be able to make it but just had a bunch of stuff blow up at work that I'm being called in on. If I'm not there at the start feel free to have the autodraft fire. I'm sure I'll be able to make it up anyways with my superior trading and waiver wire skills :smugdog:

I am going to find a way to make you draft Johnny Football now.

• Locked thread