Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

bonestructure posted:

tilala
wren
ty peppar
zergling minor

Wren was my friend and I just forgot about her completely a few years ago. Now I'm really sad and I haven't slept in two days. Her last ever post made me loving cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

Caro, Aatrek and ???

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2043

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Bob Vance hasn't posted in ya while, they were another cancer goon...goddamn now im getting depressed

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 26, 2014

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I love how no one in that thread really cared and kept right on making jokes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If only that goon had posted a suicide threat in GBS, we could have at least sent some pizzas to xir apartment.

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Costello Jello posted:

There was that goon who had cystic fibrosis and multiple lung transplants, and had just gotten married, I wonder if he is still alive.

I think so! I follow his fb group and he seems to be good. Jame's Quest for Lungs I think

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

If only that goon had posted a suicide threat in GBS, we could have at least sent some pizzas to xir apartment.
Well who else is going to find the body?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Easiest way to find dead goons is to read old phenzepam threads, there's at least one permabanned dead user per page

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

one day i got linked to a TCC thread where people would go into video chat rooms and do heroin together.

At least six or seven of those people have to be dead by now.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

I am extremely alive.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ilikedirt posted:

if u think about it probably hundreds of goons have died and nobody reported it bc goons dont have irl friends and so tgeres nobody to notify anyone

think about how many inactive accounts are dead goons and nobody even thinks twice about it except maybe their wow guild that wonders where that one dude went

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
No one would know who I was anyway if my wife posted that I was dead, and then she'd probably get trolled mercilessly.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Did anyone say not enough yet? Someone probably already said that.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

I am extremely alive.

Prove it.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i wonder if goons are dying at a faster rate than they are paying to join the site. because if so, lotax has a problem on his hands.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

I am extremely alive.

it's quaint when posters don't know that "view my own profile" link trick and are flattered that someone thought of them

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Careful, you never know how many levels of ironic-posting you're dealing with. You could be tangoing with a master. Best to leave it alone, I say.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's quaint when posters don't know that "view my own profile" link trick and are flattered that someone thought of them

:eyepop:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Well played.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011
forbiddenforum/William Freund

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Is three olive still alive, not seen him post a 3 page long LGBT thread in a while?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
some gbs posters are dead to me cause they suck at receiving/giving secret santa poo poo

big peeler

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Charles Bukowski posted:

Wren was my friend and I just forgot about her completely a few years ago. Now I'm really sad and I haven't slept in two days. Her last ever post made me loving cry.

Wat was the last post

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Nice Reddit Account posted:

I believe this guy was a goon? Motorcycle accident. His username is on his tombstone IIRC.

Rest in peace.

i want to go find this thing and gently caress it up a bunch with a sledgehammer

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

that one's sad cuz you can tell it was the family's way of coping

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
it's disgusting

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

that one's sad cuz you can tell it was the family's way of coping

Yeah, I can't even bring myself to hate it. Some people just handle grief poorly

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Talking about folks like Wren and others, I'm morbidly curious if anyone's also like, keeping track of the goons with severe illness/disease and are living on borrowed time?

...because I'm on that list :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that monitor has a dumb aspect ratio

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Yeah, I can't even bring myself to hate it. Some people just handle grief poorly

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy, so I'd like to think its the family's way of mocking their lil' dead nerdlinger. Owned even in death.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Mods gassed my attempt to democratically add to this list. :(

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm looks like the ol crab net is still catching goons lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
stay safe post ghosts

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
A better question might be: who is your favorite dead goon?

It's hard to beat the puckins guy for batshit craziness, so I guess I'll go with him. Plus, he's one of the few SA posters who asked for advice and then actually took it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Caro by far because holy poo poo

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Nice Reddit Account posted:

I believe this guy was a goon? Motorcycle accident. His username is on his tombstone IIRC.

Rest in peace.

Tomb of the Unknown Virgin

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Wasn't there a guy that came into TFR and asked for advice on ammo which he proceeded to buy and then shoot up the main street of his town? I was pretty sure he got shot by the cops.

I was also pretty sure the guy who lugged the printer two miles to that girl's house killed himself.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
All goons must die.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Costello Jello posted:

No one would know who I was anyway if my wife posted that I was dead, and then she'd probably get trolled mercilessly.

Most of your posting seems level-headed and sometimes funny, so it would be tough to troll your wife mercilessly after you died. But I'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalBlammBlamm
Apr 14, 2007

Wham bam, thank you ma'am!

Choco1980 posted:

Talking about folks like Wren and others, I'm morbidly curious if anyone's also like, keeping track of the goons with severe illness/disease and are living on borrowed time?

...because I'm on that list :smith:

We are now.

I'm really sorry. :( This is sad.

• Locked thread