Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Spent the day with my brother who has Stage 4 Metastic Melanoma at the hospital. It was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Freakbox posted:

Its a 700$ dishwasher. I will fix it- I just need time. :gonk: and beer. Cold beer.
eh just kick it a few times and if that doesn't do anything put a post it on it that says "Dont Work"

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It's the second week of college, 45 minute commute both ways, four days a week. I haven't spoken to a single person and nobody's spoken to me. I feel lonely.

I tore a good shirt throwing a sick fastball today.

The only person I've made a connection with in nearly a year turned out to be engaged.

But I haven't felt as good as I do now in a long time. :unsmith:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Wang posted:

It's the second week of college, 45 minute commute both ways, four days a week. I haven't spoken to a single person and nobody's spoken to me. I feel lonely.
talk to your professors. a lot of them are actually pretty lonely too and you'll get better grades :thumbsup:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

a hole-y ghost posted:

talk to your professors. a lot of them are actually pretty lonely too and you'll get better grades :thumbsup:

do this, just be casual and friendly. however if the professor is goony, stay clear or he will start hating you.

this might get you a good recommendation letter one day.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Design Spots posted:

I bought 7 lottery tickets and 23 bucks.

arent you the goon who won the lottery?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MentholsNBeer posted:

Token should pay in a punk band.

I wanted to ask you, are you God? This feels like a thread God would make.

Sort of. More like "A" god. But so are you.

Freakbox posted:

I spent my day trying to figure out why my dishwasher, which is less than 6 loving months old, is only barely filling with water and is humming in a low and supernatural manner. :tizzy:

Citric acid is fizzing away, trying to unblock any minerals, but I may have to take it apart. I am so loving frustrated right now. The dishwasher is full of dishes that I don't want to do by hand damnit.

--------------

On a lighter note, its super hot so I'm shirtless and braless, and my tenant across the street, who is very gay and in his 50s, recently wandered in my unlocked kitchen door and got the shock of his life.

He left immediately and sent me 3 adorable apology texts. :allears:

I wish I was your neighbor.

Rambling Robot posted:

I'm sick and feel like a 9 year old has shot my head off with a uzi.

Don't give 9 year olds uzis.

SpazmasterX posted:

I start a new job in just under two weeks, and I'm squeezing in my training between shifts at my current/former job for extra cash. I have high hopes.

Congratulations! I hope this new job is even better than the last.

Freakbox posted:

Its a 700$ dishwasher. I will fix it- I just need time. :gonk: and beer. Cold beer.

And a camera. And a way to upload photos to the internet.

Calypso posted:

Spent the day with my brother who has Stage 4 Metastic Melanoma at the hospital. It was a lot of fun.

I wish I had a brother. You are fortunate to have had one as long as you have. Hopefully he is around much longer.

a hole-y ghost posted:

eh just kick it a few times and if that doesn't do anything put a post it on it that says "Dont Work"

This is good advice. I wish I had posted it myself.

Dr. Wang posted:

I tore a good shirt throwing a sick fastball today.

The only person I've made a connection with in nearly a year turned out to be engaged.

But I haven't felt as good as I do now in a long time. :unsmith:

How fast was the pitch?

Glad you are feeling good.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Also, offer blow jobs. This will increase your grades even more.

sluggo is mad posted:

arent you the goon who won the lottery?

gently caress, I wish. I've actually been buying lottery tickets recently. I'm about to go on vacation and whenever I see a machine I have to suppress the urge to purchase another. I think being this close to getting away from work is making me want to get away forever. I actually won $1 for the first time. So I have $1 up, $6 down. Oh noes!

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i took a load

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

Freakbox posted:

I mean if its 6 months then it should be under it's 1 year limited warranty that usually comes standards with these things. I don't personally trust dishwashers that much anyways seeing as every single one I've ever dealt with has either worked for less than 6 months or resulted in very poorly washed dishes.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I woke up and ate my standard oatmeal + fruit, then I went to class where I chatted with the cute blonde who sits behind me. I answered some questions the professor asked hopefully without seemingly like a know-it-all, and then I came home and cooked myself some bacon and eggs.

I looked up how much protein in-take I was getting from the eggs and realized I need to double the amount I'm eating from 3 a day to at least 6 (6 grams per egg, I want to reach about 50 g protein/day). Also contemplating getting more ground turkey for some onion/turkey burgs. I eat the patties plain.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Rambling Robot posted:

I've never, ever used a dishwasher.

Trust me, you'll be fine.

And return the dishwasher ASAP, it might ruin your good china or cause a leakage.

I used a dishwasher once, never again. They take forever & are so loud. Also, yeah, all my dishes got gold leaf on them, not trusting a dishwasher with those.

My cat is high on morphine and he's been sitting in a box staring at us with his mouth hanging open for like 40 minutes. His eyes are like saucers and he's drooling a little. So I guess it's doing what it's supposed to?

Colgrim
Jul 23, 2009
This is the nicest thread I have ever read on SA. Thank you OP.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Rambling Robot posted:

do this, just be casual and friendly. however if the professor is goony, stay clear or he will start hating you.

this might get you a good recommendation letter one day.

The one goony professor has an OKCupid profile and knows I've seen it. All my other professors are hot single ladies. :ohdear:

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
STAY FOR A WHILE AND LISTEN

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat porkchop I didn't mean it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Wang posted:

The one goony professor has an OKCupid profile and knows I've seen it. All my other professors are hot single ladies. :ohdear:
sounds c00l :thumbsup:

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Calypso posted:

Stage V is dead lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I used a dishwasher once, never again. They take forever & are so loud. Also, yeah, all my dishes got gold leaf on them, not trusting a dishwasher with those.

My cat is high on morphine and he's been sitting in a box staring at us with his mouth hanging open for like 40 minutes. His eyes are like saucers and he's drooling a little. So I guess it's doing what it's supposed to?

Yes. Apparently morphine is supposed to make your cat high.

Colgrim posted:

This is the nicest thread I have ever read on SA. Thank you OP.

You're welcome. That is very nice of you to say.

Dr. Wang posted:

Sounds like a sticky situation.

porkchop_express posted:

STAY FOR A WHILE AND LISTEN

Why does this sound familiar?

Roki B posted:

Stage V is dead lol

Yes. But it's only stage 4. Sometimes amazing things happen.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Aferisan posted:

I mean if its 6 months then it should be under it's 1 year limited warranty that usually comes standards with these things. I don't personally trust dishwashers that much anyways seeing as every single one I've ever dealt with has either worked for less than 6 months or resulted in very poorly washed dishes.

It is under warranty- thank you! I looked that up because of you. If I can't fix it without taking it apart, I'll call the people and have them come out. My last dishwasher worked for over 15 years and came with the house when I inherited it. :cry: loving new technology breaking more often than old tech uuugh.

Waltzing Along posted:

I wish I was your neighbor.

It's kinda funny in the end. I'm a lesbian renting out a house to two gay men. :rolleye:

The poor guy was just really startled; i never really understood why I had to cover up when men don't have to, so sometimes I just wander out to get the mail or take out the trash shirtless, and inevitably startle the one dogwalker out at like, 5 in the morning.

((I would illustrate it with a funny smiley-story, but surprisingly SA doesn't have any breast emoticons. How weird. :psyduck: ))

Anyway- I think the citric acid helped. I'm pretty sure the doodleflop that fills the tubthing with water was blocked by minerals and hoojidoo, so the citric acid ate it up and now it seems to be woosh-wooshing again. After this load I'll put the last two citric acid tablets in without the dishes (you can only use one with dishes in there) and let it run an extra-hot sanitize cycle.

I just have cheap white dishes, anyway; I have a tactile and auditory sensory processing disorder (comes with the territory of actual, non-internet-autism, sometimes), so I'm...um...not very coordinated at all. I flinch, trip, stumble, drop things, and gently caress up distances occasionally. All of my dishes are white so I can just buy a new generic white dish every time I break one, which is about once or twice a month. :ohdear:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 27, 2014

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've been arriving to school extra early. We are required to arrive 30 minutes before school starts. I've been getting here an hour early. It's given me plenty of time to get set up and ready, without rushing around. Today was a day that I sent my students off to the university for training (we do this every year), and I spent the time working out our new software. We have some amazing new programs that allow us to do some amazing things, but we need to learn how to make them do these amazing things. So today was me sitting on my rear end working through all the software. Very productive. Rather relaxing. But I learned that I need a better chair if I'm going to sit a lot...

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mookface posted:

I got stuck forty feet in the air on aerial work platform for over an hour and I really had to take a crap

well why not just take an air crap?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Freakbox posted:

doodleflopttubthinghoojidoo

You took the words out of my mouth.

genesplicer posted:

I've been arriving to school extra early. We are required to arrive 30 minutes before school starts. I've been getting here an hour early. It's given me plenty of time to get set up and ready, without rushing around. Today was a day that I sent my students off to the university for training (we do this every year), and I spent the time working out our new software. We have some amazing new programs that allow us to do some amazing things, but we need to learn how to make them do these amazing things. So today was me sitting on my rear end working through all the software. Very productive. Rather relaxing. But I learned that I need a better chair if I'm going to sit a lot...

A teacher who actually uses the technology they are given? Amazing!

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
I want to be a professor, but every professor I've met under the age of 35 is a douchebag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

prezbuluskey posted:

I want to be a professor, but every professor I've met under the age of 35 is a douchebag.

Are you saying you don't want to be a douchebag?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
my day was pretty crappy, op. I recently learned I'm being laid off from work, so I've been stressed out looking for new jobs and contemplating my career direction. Also I'm sick right now. Also we had like two power outages at work today, which led to me sitting in hot dark office for half the day. But thanks for posting this thread, I enjoy being able to vent :)

jejeje
Dec 25, 2004
fetus

prezbuluskey posted:

Maybe you could start your PhD when you are 30, so that by the time you finish you will have aged out of the douchebag years!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Copley Depot posted:

my day was pretty crappy, op. I recently learned I'm being laid off from work, so I've been stressed out looking for new jobs and contemplating my career direction. Also I'm sick right now. Also we had like two power outages at work today, which led to me sitting in hot dark office for half the day. But thanks for posting this thread, I enjoy being able to vent :)

Do you work in a career with high demand? Do you have a degree? Perhaps this could be the impetus to make a grand change in your life.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

You took the words out of my mouth.

:ironicat: I'm extremely technical; I build and program computers and sew...you know, with the coordination issues and the made up words.

Here: A helpful diagram! I use all these words to describe these things, now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Freakbox posted:

:ironicat: I'm extremely technical; I build and program computers and sew...you know, with the coordination issues and the made up words.

Is that a new computer design?

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

No. That is a sewing machine, I think. :coffeepal:

((PS- it's called the cryhole because of how easily it can gently caress up the entire machine and make you cry if you don't do something right.))

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Freakbox posted:

((PS- it's called the cryhole because of how easily it can gently caress up the entire machine and make you cry if you don't do something right.))

Oh, I was confused by the labelling. No wonder the arc reactor looks so much like a bobbin.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

Do you work in a career with high demand? Do you have a degree? Perhaps this could be the impetus to make a grand change in your life.
Yes I think my field is in decent demand (microbiology/biofuels) and I have a graduate degree. It's just about finding a company that treats you as more than a number on the bottom line.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Copley Depot posted:

Yes I think my field is in decent demand (microbiology/biofuels) and I have a graduate degree. It's just about finding a company that treats you as more than a number on the bottom line.

Sadly, this is the reality of American corporate life. Have you considered teaching?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

i don't even recall what i did today at all. it was most likely nothing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Saalkin posted:

i don't even recall what i did today at all. it was most likely nothing.

Sounds like a restful day. Sometimes it is good to just have a nothing day.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i like this thread op.

5'd

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Freakbox posted:

I've got a Brother CS-6000i & it's got a drop in bobbin & I have never had a single problem with it. Like my old Singer bobbin thing was on the side & had like pieces that came out & went around the bobbin & you had to pull the thread through a thing & then align it correctly in the machine & it was always loving poo poo up but the Brother swaps bobbins in under 5 seconds with no fuss. Also, has an auto threader that I am now entirely dependent on. Oh & it doesn't throw stitches like my Singer did loving constantly either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I've got a Brother CS-6000i & it's got a drop in bobbin & I have never had a single problem with it. Like my old Singer bobbin thing was on the side & had like pieces that came out & went around the bobbin & you had to pull the thread through a thing & then align it correctly in the machine & it was always loving poo poo up but the Brother swaps bobbins in under 5 seconds with no fuss. Also, has an auto threader that I am now entirely dependent on. Oh & it doesn't throw stitches like my Singer did loving constantly either.

A woman bobbin is a good thing.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I have a singer professional from the early 90's and a 5 string Serger. Both of them are a little bit fussy, but these things were 300 and 400-500* dollars respectively in the 1990s so I'm not gonna give them up after getting them for free from my mom.

They just get pissy sometimes about string. :unsmith: But I don't mind.

((the serger might have cost more- I'm not sure. It was hella expensive back then.))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
I finally got around to finishing 1984, it was a good read.
Roof is getting repaired from damages during the winter, had a good time listening to banging for 6 or so hours.
Someone I know flipped poo poo about JonTron or whatever debacle related to him and I just kept telling them I didn't care and they wouldn't shut up.

My day started off so good too.

• Locked thread