Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
BROCK LESNAR BEAT JOHN CENA AND IS YOUR NEW, REIGNING, DEFENDING HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD defending against John Cena

Dolph Ziggler is the Intercontinental Champion

Sheamus is the US Champion defending against Cesaro

The Usos are the Tag Team Champions

Paige is the Divas Champion

Raw:

John Cena Returns
Look at all these legends in the same ring! We had Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and Shawn Michaels sitting at a table inside the ring set to discuss the Night of Champions main event between Brock Lesnar and John Cena. HBK was quite defiant in saying he thought Cena had absolutely no chance to beat Brock. Flair agreed, although he put over what a great champion John Cena has been. Hulk Hogan couldn't take this Cena hating anymore, and was strong in his support of John Cena to win at Night of Champions. He said he watched the Extreme Rules 2012 match, and even though Cena got beaten up, he still found a way to win. So he's going with Cena to repeat that, while HBK and Flair are looking at a repeat of this year's SummerSlam. The three continued to debate the future result possibilities, only to be cut off by the returning John Cena. Cena came out, as well as can be, saluting the crowd and all. He said he was sick of everyone talking about what John should do, or how he'll do at the next PPV. He cut a rather short, for him, promo on how he's not going to Night of Champions to beat Brock Lesnar, but rather to beat up Brock Lesnar. He's going to "beat Brock's rear end," Cena claims. So there we go. No jokes from Cena this week, just a straightforward declaration of war. I look forward to hearing Paul Heyman's possible response.

WWE Network will see the addition of "over 100 hours of WCW Monday Nitro" to the on demand library starting next week. WWE Network doesn't stay hyped, it gets hyped.

Rusev beats Jack Swagger via ref stoppage
If Rod Zapata was the referee for Brock vs Cena, the match would have gone two minutes. Talk about a match I thought would no longer have heat, but still did. Jack Swagger was super hot when going for his Patriot Lock, as this crowd wanted to see the Russian brute go down for once. However, they didn't get that, as Rusev took control of Swagger and never looked back. He pounded on Swagger to Lana's delight, hitting kicks and stomps until the referee couldn't stand to watch anymore. JBL heeled on Swagger for letting his country down yet again. Zeb Colter was nowhere to be found.

Tonight, Jerry Lawler calls out the Bella twins to fu... I mean, plead for a twin reconciliation.

Backstage: After break, Bo Dallas met Swagger in the trainer's room. He told Swagger to Bo-lieve, which Swagger did not appreciate.

US Title Contender Match: Cesaro pins RVD
Casual Sheamus, the US Champion, sat in on commentary to make jokes and such. Cesaro paid much attention to Sheamus, almost trying to impress him with his actions in the ring. The match was kept short, Cesaro looked like the impressive won, and he won with the Neutralizer. Cesaro showing those MMA guy'ers how to properly apply the finishing maneuver. After the match, Cesaro toyed with Sheamus by grabbing the US title belt, then throwing it in Sheamus' face. Oh, these two. Always playing around. Looks like we have a US Championship match set for Night of Champions.

Paige defeats Natalya via pinfall
Natalya tried to lock in the Sharpshooter twice, but Paige was able to fight out of it both times before eventually landing her Paige Turner for the pinfall victory. Natalya is now wearing short tights, or at least I just noticed her doing so for the first time tonight. So she's changing it up a little bit, which was probably necessary. After the match, AJ Lee skipped to the ring. While Paige was watching that, Natalya hit a clothesline in a show of horrible sportsmanship. AJ got in the ring, helped her little english muffin to her feet, then hugged her. Paige looked very confused, even more so directly after when AJ kissed Paige's hand.

The Eulogy of Dean Ambrose
Corporate Kane came to the ring, and introduced this segment not as a mourning of the loss of Ambrose, but rather a celebration of the future of Seth Rollins. Out came Rollins, somber, dressed in an all black suit. Rollins said he chose Ambrose to be in The Shield because he wasn't afraid of anything. Rollins scolded the crowd for bringing on the end of Dean Ambrose, because it was they who chose the Falls Count Anywhere match stipulation last week on Raw. Rollins cut to a video of the finish of last week's match, and as the camera came back to him, he had his hand over his mouth looking to be in complete disgust. That expression quickly changed to amusement and laughter, when Rollins wondered if Ambrose even realized he was outmatched going into last week. Rollins continued, saying that Ambrose's career could be summed up by two words: What if? What if Dean knew his place, what if Dean realized Seth's superiority, etc. Rollins said Ambrose will never be seen again, and that he has finally destroyed the Shield. After that line, Roman Reigns made his way down to the ring via the crowd. Kane tried to cut him off, but failed, so Roman got into the ring and brawled with Seth Rollins. The two destroyed the eulogy setup in the ring, with Roman getting the upper hand rather quickly. Roman was about to end the brawl with a spear, but Kane recovered enough to pull Seth out of the ring to safety. Kane and Rollins backtracked up the ramp as Roman stared a hole through them, angry and thirsty for more.

Backstage: Stardust told his brother that the stars were aligned for them to win the tag team championships tonight.

Gold & Star Dust beat The Usos via Countout
They were so close to the cosmic key! The Usos and the Dust Brothers were set to battle for the tag team championships tonight, and boy could this crowd care any less? I'd argue that no, they couldn't. At points, complete silence serenaded the four men as they grappled. The finish didn't help the enthusiasm grow, either. With Stardust on the outside, Jey Uso ran through the ropes and flew out onto him. Apparently, Jey tweaked his knee in landing. He got up, selling the knee, and rolled Stardust back in the ring. However, with the ref counting to ten, Jey could not get in the ring himself. With Jimmy also outside the ring, this match was declared a countout. Goldust was upset that the Usos "faked an injury" to retain their titles. Usos took exception to that comment. Goldust demanded an immediate rematch, but the Usos declined based on Jey's injury. With the cosmic key so close, only to be pulled away, Gold & Star Dust beat down the Usos with a stunning lack sportsmanship. The crowd was now mildly booing these new evil doers, as the Dusts continued beating on the Usos. So, it appears, we may be getting this rematch at Night of Champions? Slater Gator delayed again!

Backstage: Kane made a handicap match with himself and Rollins going up against Roman Reigns.

Video: Paul Heyman said Brock was disrespected by John invoking his rematch clause. Brock Lesnar said that John Cena's last night in this universe will be Night of Champions. GAME OVER!

Main Event's main event tomorrow night will be Seth Rollins vs Rob Van Dam!

Dolph Ziggler defeats Damien Mizdow
The Miz came out for what was supposed to be a Miz vs Dolph match. Miz had other ideas, however. He said that one of the many perks of being a bonafide Hollywood move star is having your own stunt double. So, tonight, playing the role of the Miz would be Damien Mizdow. Sandow came out, mocking Miz' entrance, and proceeded to lose a quick match to Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler pinned Sandow after the ZigZag. Miz, clapping from the commentary table, fired Sandow.

Next... the Bella reconciliation attempt, hosted by Jerry Lawler!

On Wednesday, WWE will be debuting Jeff Hardy's 2009 DVD documentary onto WWE Network.

Nikki Bella brings Brie to tears
Needless to say, Jerry Lawler's attempt to facilitate a Bella reconciliation did not go well. Brie stood in the ring with her sister, apologizing for what Nikki had taken offense to. She said it was Brianna talking to Nicole, two sisters talking, not WWE divas. She wanted to be sisters, to be partners, again. Nikki then went on a tirade, mocking Brie and Daniel Bryan. Nikki said that Brie abandoned her when she quit, and only thought of herself. Jerry said Nikki was going too far as Brie started to tear up. So Nikki yelled at Lawler to "stay out of it, old man." She kicked Lawler out of the ring, then told Brie that she no longer has a sister. Nikki wished Brie "died in the womb." Heartbroken, Brie cried, and Nikki pushed her over as Lawler got back in to separate the two. Nikki slapped Lawler, which popped the crowd momentarily. Unfortunately, Lawler didn't respond by calling her an idiot and pushing her down. After a while, Nikki finally left the ring as Lawler and referees attended to a disheveled and tearful Brie Bella.

Roman Reigns beats Kane & Rollins via DQ
This was a quick two minute match. Roman had the better of both Kane and Rollins until Seth used the Money In The Bank briefcase on Roman, causing a DQ. With Reigns down, Kane and Rollins had the brilliant idea to murder Roman Reigns much like they did to Dean Ambrose. Kane revealed more cinder blocks at ringside. Roman, however, being stronger than Ambrose, of course, was not going to suffer the same fate. Reigns recovered and got the better of Kane and Rollins again, avoiding certain death from a stomp into the cement blocks. Reigns picked up one of the blocks, and went to nail Rollins with it. Rollins ducked, however, and the block exploded when making contact with the ring post. Rollins was able to escape, but Kane was not so lucky. Reigns punched out Kane, then stood tall in the ring as Rollins stood on the ramp shouting back.

The announcers transitioned from this attempted murder to a plug for the WWE Network.

Backstage: Bray Wyatt spoke about John Cena not being himself anymore, and tonight, Bray would put him out of his misery.

Smackdown apparently will see the rematch of The Wyatt Family vs Wight Chocolate.

Los Matadores defeat Slater Gator
The magical ride is over. Crushed and devastated over being passed up for a tag title shot in favor of an inferior team, Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil just couldn't focus on their match tonight completely. After their loss, Slater and Titus let out frustration in an argument amongst themselves. Don't let this loss get you down, boys!

Bo Dallas defeats Kofi Kingston via pinfall
Bo Dallas pinned happy-go-lucky Kofi Kingston with the BoDog. A BoDog that Bo almost completely missed as he slipped from the middle ropes during the move. This match was short, a theme of tonight's show, going just a few minutes. Bo, after the bout, said that unlike Jack Swagger, Kofi only let himself down. Jack Swagger, however, let his entire country down. When Bo was done speaking, Jack Swagger showed up and suplexed Bo down to the mat. The crowd actually booed Swagger for that.

As John Cena was entering for the main event, Michael Cole said "John Cena talks a big game, but tonight he has to deliver against Bray Wyatt." Came off kind of dick-ish. The two men were in the ring at 10:47 PM EDT for our main event.

John Cena the Destroyer
Tonight, John Cena was Brock Lesnar and Bray Wyatt was John Cena. Cena just pummeled and destroyed Bray Wyatt with suplexes and clotheslines, much like Brock did to Cena at SummerSlam. Cena was proving to himself that he could be the destroyer, as he prepares for his rematch against Brock Lesnar. And he proved it, by laying Bray out like he was a low card jobber. The crowd actually cheered Wyatt when he had brief offense, but it was just that, brief. Eventually, tired of seeing their leader get his rear end beat, Luke Harper and Rowan ran in and attacked Cena.

With Cena getting beaten by Harper and Rowan, Mark Henry and Big Show ran down to even the odds. The six men brawled as we went to commercial.

Teddy Long's legacy lives on, as we came back from break with this match being changed into a tag team match!

The Wyatt Family vs John Cena & Big Show & Mark Henry
John Cena got the win for his team when he submitted Luke Harper to the STF. After the match, he gave an AA to Rowan and Bray Wyatt for good measure. Then, for the hat trick, he gave a final AA to Luke Harper. Mark Henry and Big Show were looking on at ringside in a mix of disbelief and fear, almost, as they witnessed a whole new side to John Cena. Cena completely dominates the entire Wyatt Family tonight, proving to himself, and hopefully to Brock, that Cena is coming strong into Night of Champions.

John Cena hugged a Cena fan at ringside to close the show. He was absolutely fine tonight, health wise, showing no signs of wear from his beating one week ago. I'm sure there will be quite a few who are displeased about that. Not the kids, though, as they were happy to have their hero back. The announcers put over the statement Cena made tonight in not only coming back, but digging deep within himself to prove he can be a destructive force.

Next week: How will Cena continue his momentum as Night of Champions closes in? Plus, Gold & Star Dust continue their mediocre efforts to obtain the cosmic key.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jhon cena

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
John. Cena.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bad show

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I can't believe I came out of retirement for that show.

I'm getting too old for this poo poo.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
it made me mad. it made me mean mad.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cena revealed a new power where if you deliver enough of a single move on him in one night, he will absorb that move.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
let's wait and see what they do with bray wyatt guys

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope John Cena wins and another %5+ of people cancel their subscriptions like when he won at Money in the Bank.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Omally posted:

let's wait and see what they do with bray wyatt guys
I wonder what Bray did to piss off management, did Vince see him wear that Shinsuke shirt?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I hope John Cena wins and another %5+ of people cancel their subscriptions like when he won at Money in the Bank.
You know I wonder what if the WWE Network just completely burns and kills the WWE, what would happen. Would something fill the void?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Cena should overcome the odds on every Raw and have the commentary team pump him up constantly and then he just gets destroyed at NOC even worse than at Summerslam.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
So judging from the GDT, I'm guessing I made the right choice by tapping out at 9:30?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please don't do anything drastic BigRed0427

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
So I didn't see tonight's RAW but did John Cena?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

i wish this raw died in the womb

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm trying to think of any heels that still have heat that Cena could squash. Uh, Miz?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder what Bray did to piss off management, did Vince see him wear that Shinsuke shirt?

nothing, probably

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Prozach posted:

So I didn't see tonight's RAW but did John Cena?

John Cena did

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I'm not even mad anymore, I went through that and out the other side. I'm just in awe. How and who could have thought this was a great idea? Like, and I can apply that to 90% of the show. Who and how? If I gave 10:1 odds against the Wyatts winning a meaningless, inconsequential tag match between now and Night of Champions, would anyone take it? Anyone?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Instead of doing Raw this week, they should have not done Raw and then when people asked, just go "Oh poo poo, we forgot."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I'm trying to think of any heels that still have heat that Cena could squash. Uh, Miz?

Seth Rollins

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just got home, continue watching season 3 of game of thrones or watch raw?

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I've always prided myself on not bowing to hyperbole during a bad WWE show, but this was just rancid. It was putrid, it was awful, it left me in a puddle of my own blood, and urine, and vomit, and I like to think I would never say this about a PPV, let alone just a bad episode of Raw...

But this, this made me hate the WWE. I need a break from this poo poo.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Hey guys John Cena completely no sold the vicious beating he took at Summerslam.

I know, I'm shocked too.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

jhon ceeeeeeeeeeeeenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wyatt is being buried for stealing Kevin Dunn's preferred headware

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm so frickin' mad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

You could leave your TV off and just stare at it for three hours and that would be better than watching Raw

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Mantits posted:

So judging from the GDT, I'm guessing I made the right choice by tapping out at 9:30?

Yup. RAW was just plain bad tonight.

I am happy my suggestion for the thread title got used.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

oatgan posted:

Seth Rollins

Oh, right. Next week Cena will eat a cinderblock Blackout, then get up and AA Seth onto the cinderblocks.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"drat it, why don't you people like him yet!?! WHY!? We've been trying for 10 years and you people still don't like him I just don't get it!"

-Vince, now

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Big and tonight, dog.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DukeofCA posted:

Hey guys John Cena completely no sold the vicious beating he took at Summerslam.

I know, I'm shocked too.

bro you missed all those germans

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That show loving sucked. If not for the former Shield guys I honestly wouldn't be bothering right now. ME. Foochs. King of the Positivity Patrol.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
I said it in the gdt and i'll say it again now:

Brock Lesnar squashed Cena at SummerSlam so that when Cena beats him at NOC and ties Ric Flair's record it would seem like a bigger deal. They are going to have confetti fall down and pyro and everything because Vince seriously thinks that John Cena is the way to sell a product to a demographic that hates John Cena.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

wandler20 posted:

Please, PLEASE do not watch raw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So worst Raw since 2009 Guest Era Raws?

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
I was so excited for the Wyatts debuting, and now I barely even look up to watch their segments.

Ambrose eulogy was entertaining.

That's all I got. See you guys next week and on Smackdown for most of those same matches!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
This show, based on what was revealed about the plans for Summerslam, pretty much sums up everything wrong with the WWE.

They were always going to have Lesnar show up and win at Summerslam. Had Bryan not suffered his neck injury, HE would have been the one squashed so viciously. Why? So Lesnar can lose to Roman Reigns, or god forbid, The Rock, at Wrestlemania 31.

This utterly ignores that YOU HAVE A STAR IN BRYAN. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOVE REIGNS DOWN OUR THROAT BEFORE HE'S READY. But that doesn't matter. They want Reigns on top, and Bryan is just a pest that had the temerity to get over. But none of that matters, as long as that control freak McMahon gets what he wants, and what he wants is us to dance on his puppet strings, and the more we refuse, the more vicious he gets.

Maybe we're just being punished for liking a scummy business so much. Vince will in turn be punished as people refuse to buy the Network. I suppose I could dream that it will lead to him being forced out on his rear end like he did to his father. It's be poetic justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

"drat it, why don't you people like him yet!?! WHY!? We've been trying for 10 years and you people still don't like him I just don't get it!"

-Vince, now

"It worked. John was so impressive they didn't even know how to react. I told you we booked that perfectly. We really nailed that. We got exactly the reaction we wanted. Awe over his dominating performance."

- Vince, now

• Locked thread