Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Happy Birthday Vince McMahon!

Only 69. He could theoretically do this poo poo for at least 30 more years!!

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Takis are loving awful.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

D Lambent posted:

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if they were used correctly, but the fact that there's so few top names and they're all being used like loving poo poo (minus Ambrose/Rollins if you consider them in that tier) makes it completely useless.

Roman's not used like poo poo. He clear motives and wrestling matches that he wins. Bryan's booked strong, when he was around. Orton loses more than Bray, but since he's on a higher tier, he never looks weak. I think Ambrose and Rollins might count. Cena's your problem.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I guess if it's done one thing this terrible RAW ending has driven home just how realistic Cena winning at NoC is

Like they could not have picked a worst wrestler to feed to Cena at that exact moment

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Chris James 2 posted:

Happy Birthday Vince McMahon!

Only 69. He could theoretically do this poo poo for at least 30 more years!!

The dude gets angry that he can't control his sneezes. Can you imagine the hell that will break loose when VINCENT K MCMAHON can't control his bowel movements?

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Roman's not used like poo poo. He clear motives and wrestling matches that he wins. Bryan's booked strong, when he was around. Orton loses more than Bray, but since he's on a higher tier, he never looks weak. I think Ambrose and Rollins might count. Cena's your problem.

god i hate john cena gently caress him

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

NienNunb posted:

Takis are loving awful.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The taller Cena stands, the more likely he is losing at NoC, y'all.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Takis are loving awful.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

D Lambent posted:

god i hate john cena gently caress him

I like him. There were some matches, in the past, that made no sense for him to win, or win by as much as he did. This wasn't such a match.
Tho if the rest of the show left a bad taste in your mouth I wouldn't blame you.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i thought it was bad too but i thought maybe it was just because i wasnt drinking

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

if the rest of the show left a bad taste in your mouth I wouldn't blame you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'd rather have someone piss in my mouth than eat Takis. It helps that I also love drinking piss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYvGfF1Gkg

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

I like him. There were some matches, in the past, that made no sense for him to win, or win by as much as he did. This wasn't such a match.
Tho if the rest of the show left a bad taste in your mouth I wouldn't blame you.

In all, complete, non-knee jerk honesty, I don't mind him winning as much as I mind him winning the way that he did. I understand you needed a good heel to job to him, but it upsets me to see them basically making Wyatt look completely and utterly dog-poo poo weak in the process. You're telling me a clothesline and a few german suplexes and can destroy this supposedly supernatural beast? I'm going to find it difficult to take Wyatt seriously unless he completely bounces back and goes on a tear now. I suppose if I wasn't a 24 year old man and instead was a 12 year old kid, it wouldn't have angered me as much. But even if it did at that point, I'd just go jerk off in a sleeve of an old sweater and I'd get over it.

I guess I could just do that anyway but I'm not going to, I'm going to piss and moan about it on the internet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

D Lambent posted:

How do you say "slapnuts" in Japanese?

suraapu naatesu

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just don't think Cena will lose at NoC. Even Lesnar can't fend off cenawinzlol for two straight shows. I'd love to be wrong but I just know Cena's gonna rapadoo so he cane have the Streak heat.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

suraapu naatesu

*police japanese golf clap*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

The taller Cena stands, the more likely he is losing at NoC, y'all.

This is why I'm saying Brock's not gonna lose. I hated that last segment but the fact is they needed to do something to plant seeds of doubt (or hope, depending on your perspective) and that segment did that. I'm pretty sure both HHH and Vince's rumored plans for the Mania 31 event both involved Brock, so I still think Brock's winning.

They aren't gonna squash Cena two PPVs in a row. That's actually a dumber business decision than burying Bray probably, to be honest.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I, uh... I think I might need to take a break from wrestling. This show was just, like, loving depressing to watch.

I don't know how any of you made it through 2009.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

http://youtu.be/Bjx2oII2Q0U

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

D Lambent posted:

In all, complete, non-knee jerk honesty, I don't mind him winning as much as I mind him winning the way that he did. I understand you needed a good heel to job to him, but it upsets me to see them basically making Wyatt look completely and utterly dog-poo poo weak in the process. You're telling me a clothesline and a few german suplexes and can destroy this supposedly supernatural beast? I'm going to find it difficult to take Wyatt seriously unless he completely bounces back and goes on a tear now. I suppose if I wasn't a 24 year old man and instead was a 12 year old kid, it wouldn't have angered me as much. But even if it did at that point, I'd just go jerk off in a sleeve of an old sweater and I'd get over it.

I guess I could just do that anyway but I'm not going to, I'm going to piss and moan about it on the internet.

In a vacuum, it was the edition of clotheslines, suplexes and ground punches. Narratively, it was Cena changing up his game and beasting up in a way he didn't at Summerslam. Becoming more vicious and depraved to match Lesnar's vicious depravity. I thought that was conveyed well. Maybe you disagree.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

disagree

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZR6RhgR.gif[[/img]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I, uh... I think I might need to take a break from wrestling. This show was just, like, loving depressing to watch.

2009 was child's play compared to the mid 00's

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This was a very unpleasant and poorly booked RAW and I did not enjoy my viewing experience!

The only exceptions being AJ, Paige, and Damien Mizdow.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn't watch the last segment did John Cena win in a worse fashion than he normally does (extremely decidedly).

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

NienNunb posted:

I didn't watch the last segment did John Cena win in a worse fashion than he normally does (extremely decidedly).

AA'd entire Wyatt family

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

Cena was Brock Lesnar, and Wyatt was was Cena, then Cena beat up Wyatt some more after just cuz. It was great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

He dominated Bray Wyatt the same way Brock Lesnar dominated him. Bray was selling clotheslines like he had been hit by a truck. After the match became a 6-man tag, John Cena tapped out Luke Harper, and then laid out Rowan and a fleeing Bray Wyatt was dragged back to the ring and AA'd

oh and then he picked up Luke Harper and AA'd him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who cares anymore?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

Who cares anymore?

ME! I need that after that show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

What I want to know is who Jericho pissed off to be in the 3rd program in a row where the guy he's putting over is buried immediately before, during or after feuding with him. Summerslam -> NoC was supposed to be time for Wyatt to be put over big after the damaging Cena feud + Battleground 5/6 PPV loss streak. They did gently caress all with Fandango and he plummeted to the bottom of the card soon after his debut, Ryback was verbally submitting to the Miz when Jericho got put into a feud with him, and now this.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wwe started to really suck this time of year last year too

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Johanns Molemann posted:

It sucks this time of year nearly every year.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

AJ and Paige should agree to just be friends and then go do headdrops and Joshi stuff to the Bellas.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

was last year's night of champions when bryan won with the fast count?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Johanns Molemann posted:

this was way worse than it was last year though, this is special

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

mkay0 posted:

It sucks this time of year nearly every year.

when does it get better

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fawf posted:

when does it get better

TLC

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think there's some significance in Cena saying he doesn't want to beat Brock, just beat his rear end. I think it'll be the reverse of the 2012 match: Cena will aggressively beat up Lesnar but Lesnar will retain.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

You're right about Raw, but Smackdown absolutely owned in 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Yeah, after the nfl regular season ends or TLC time

• Locked thread