Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

bunky posted:

i finished it last night and it was pretty good. the book writing drug scene was really good

that really epitomized every deep rooted flaw of Bojack as a person, all of his regret, all of his anxieties, and his desperate wanting of love and approval. incredibly dark.

probably the best trip scene ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it looks like poo poo so i'm glad i don't have to watch it now

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its good enough to get really high and kinda watch. not laugh out loud funny but its not like the cleveland show or some poo poo.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I like Bojack, but it's not on a top list. I'd passively recommend it to bored people hungry for a show. Bob's burgers is pretty solid, as is Adventure Time although it kind of stumbles between childish boringness and rare moments of hilarity and darkness.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It was pretty good imo I enjoyed it but I didn't laugh

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bro Dad posted:

the awesomes is the worst show ever made and i have no idea how seth meyers is successful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY49pZijwiI

is this not a childrens tv show lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It does take until the 5th or 6th episode to really pick up. Also I love will arnetts voice and wish he would tuck me in at night so that might be a factor in my recommendation.

Nohomo

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina

nigga crab pollock posted:

is this not a childrens tv show lmao

lol @ any show that has the tagline "from the comedic minds of..."

gently caress your comedic mind

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i remember seth mcfarline had some bullshit internet series called the calvacade of cartoon comedy and it was loving garbage

how the hell did that fucker manage to get multiple movies from the comedic mind of a dude that cannot wrap his mind around the concept of a punchline or a joke

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
the second half of the season is really good and completely different than the first for some reason.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

SaltLick posted:

It is actually really bad and not funny. Shame because I like Will Arnett. Are any cartoons actually good these days? I'm going with no.

I tried watching the first episode and it legit started with talking heads. Like a bad comic strip, only animated so as to be more obviously bad.

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
the horse man show has been renewed for a second season

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

god damnit

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Lazyfire posted:

That was the beginning of the show being relevant. Too bad they threw the subtlety away a few years later and started having on more guests than a late night talk show.

The Simpsons actually had lots of guest stars early on, just they played actual characters rather than themselves

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This show has gotten better after the first episode. Slow burn indeed

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
bobs burgers is a really unfunny show for unfunny people

i idnt click pat page 1 so im assuming the thread is still talking about this

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Wow another Will Arnett vehicle that crashes and burns in the first season

I like Willy Arnett but drat bro choose a good project for once

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

Wow another Will Arnett vehicle that crashes and burns in the first season

I like Willy Arnett but drat bro choose a good project for once

It already has a second season approved

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

SaltLick posted:

It already has a second season approved

on netflix, that's like... not even cable

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

bobs burgers is a really unfunny show for unfunny people

i idnt click pat page 1 so im assuming the thread is still talking about this
you're wrong on both counts

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It picks up. It never really gets laugh out loud funny, but it gets good.

The last five minutes of the last episode are probably going to punch you in the throat.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Y-Hat posted:

you're wrong on both counts

and now I'm right on both

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Froghammer posted:

The last five minutes of the last episode are probably going to punch you in the throat.

gosh, I better not watch it then, my throat is delicate

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
it's not laugh out loud but the second half has some pretty good dark humor.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

i watched the first episode and it's not as bad as the awesomes i guess

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
first ep is poo poo compared to the later ones

ep 2 is what kinda made me keep watching

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

SaltLick posted:

This show has gotten better after the first episode. Slow burn indeed

Plus that title sequence. It reminds me of Hotline Miami for some reason...

Anniversary fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 27, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Anniversary posted:

Plus that title sequence. It reminds me of hotline Miami for some reason...

This 1000 times.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

it's a good title sequence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1NzwyjUWY

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Carpet posted:

The Simpsons actually had lots of guest stars early on, just they played actual characters rather than themselves

I remember around the time the cast went on strike the first time seeing a behind-the-scenes thing where among other banal moments during the making of the show, they revealed in a roundabout way that if there's not a guest star on that episode, the cast will completely half-rear end their performances. Like they feel like they have to impress whoever is in the studio with them. Clearly the writers caught on and just kept shoehorning in whichever celebrity was free that week.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm binging through the rest of the season and yea it's definitely picked up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i played the entire "the awesomes" first season on my 3ds in the garage while doing poo poo. like, at first, it was so bad but i thought maybe it would find its footing or do something interesting, but it just got worse. and not even in the way it was so bad as to be funny, it just sucked rear end. granted i didnt watch it so i basically had it as a radio serial or something so i cant even imagine how lovely everything must have looked

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
wait so we're on page 3 now and it gets good? what ep should you even begin on

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

wait so we're on page 3 now and it gets good? what ep should you even begin on

Just watch it all. The first episode is poo poo but by the 5th and 6th you care about the characters a lot more.

Vincent Adultman owns a whole bunch

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I liked the show. I hope they had some plans for the second season because I feel like they wrote all the interesting stories already.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

op i suggest you try the cartoon allen gregory it'll really change your life.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
just watched the show and found out op was posting ironically. funny stuff.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

op i suggest you try the cartoon allen gregory it'll really change your life.

you are a monster

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Khanstant posted:

i played the entire "the awesomes" first season on my 3ds in the garage while doing poo poo. like, at first, it was so bad but i thought maybe it would find its footing or do something interesting, but it just got worse. and not even in the way it was so bad as to be funny, it just sucked rear end. granted i didnt watch it so i basically had it as a radio serial or something so i cant even imagine how lovely everything must have looked

i do this with really bad shows sometimes and i think it abrogates the awfulness enough to obscure it. even poo poo like criminal minds is tolerable if i turn it on while i smoke weed + play videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I've never watched an episode of Bob's Burgers but I too love Adventure Time.

It's great for kids, AND adults on reefer.

• Locked thread