Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It picks up later on and I'm glad it got a second season already

Also I like the stupid animal gags; they spice things up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Manifest posted:

I've never watched an episode of Bob's Burgers but I too love Adventure Time.

It's great for kids, AND adults on reefer.

you should watch it it's charming. adventure time owns though, i can't convince any of my stoner friends to watch it, no matter how clearly i explain it's kicking rad if you have some hash oil around

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I watched the adventure time episodes on Netflix and liked it. Then I saw it on TV and I it's garbage. What happened?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I watched a few episodes of Adventure Time and thought it was cute/weird but then stopped watching it.
I watched a few episodes of Bobs Burgers and thought it was mostly passable and sometimes good.

Also I'm gay.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

I watched the adventure time episodes on Netflix and liked it. Then I saw it on TV and I it's garbage. What happened?

Anything after season 3 isnt best.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's a cartoon it's a way to kill time until you die who cares if it's good.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

psyopmonkey posted:

Anything after season 3 isnt best.

I almost kinda like when this happens to shows because then i can confidently just sorta stop watching them after the event horizon of hi quality

does that normal show have a similar breaking point

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

I almost kinda like when this happens to shows because then i can confidently just sorta stop watching them after the event horizon of hi quality

does that normal show have a similar breaking point

Regular show is a bit better. It turns into a show about relationships and crap like after a bit though.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

psyopmonkey posted:

Regular show is a bit better. It turns into a show about relationships and crap like after a bit though.

I've only seen like the first two seasons but the ones with that girl bird are easily the worst garbage. Does it keep going like that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

op i suggest you try the cartoon allen gregory it'll really change your life.
gently caress you for even thinking about making this post

Synonamess Botch posted:

I've only seen like the first two seasons but the ones with that girl bird are easily the worst garbage. Does it keep going like that
the last few episodes of Season 4 are about mordecai and margaret, with the season finale revealing that margaret got into her dream college and can't date. season 5 is mostly about relationship poo poo as well

so unfortunately it gets worse in that regard, but i think it's funnier, more charming, and just better than adventure time to begin with so i can forgive it for going into shmaltzy territory

side note: my sister took the test to become a storyboarder for Regular Show. she didn't pass- apparently it's hard as hell

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 27, 2014

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

What the hell is Allen Gregory?

Worst cartoon ever is Kevin Spencer. Apparently that poo poo got eight seasons. What the hell, Canada?

e: VVVV gently caress u trigger warning that poo poo i had a flashback

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 28, 2014

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Ryoshi posted:

What the hell is Allen Gregory?

Worst cartoon ever is Kevin Spencer. Apparently that poo poo got eight seasons. What the hell, Canada?

Sociopath!

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
ARCHER AND BOBS BURGERS ARE BOTH REALLY BAD SHOWS

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bobs burgs fuckin sucks

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

plumper fuckbus posted:

i was out when they did the family guy "remember the time..." shtick that we're all sick of

I've seen people say this and praise American Dad for not doing it, but I always thought they were the only watchable parts. They break the monotony of whatever the idiotic plot is.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Trast posted:

Rick and Morty isn't very good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Bob's Burgers is pretty great.

season 3 is god tier

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Trast posted:

you shut hyour goddamn mouth.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
It's actually good and funny.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It's actually good and funny.

Mash posted:

RICK AND MORTY FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

What instrument is that? It sounds like a musical saw.

It's a good title sequence.

Edit:

Vincent Adultman is the best character.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The style of humor is pretty cringeworthy, but I'm bored as gently caress and have been looking for an animated show. I'll try to give the later half the benefit of a doubt, but with a big grain of salt.

Also it is amazing how relevant Duckman still is despite being so old. Everyone should watch a few Duckman episodes on youtube while at work. The pig guy is bad rear end.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 28, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
watch tobaku mokushiroku kaiji or cromartie high

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
watch yourself in the mirror slowly slice open your scrotum and then scoop out the contents with a melon baller

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

watch yourself in the mirror slowly slice open your scrotum and then scoop out the contents with a melon baller

please don't kinkshame

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
thats quite a lot of impotent rage aimed at anime watchers

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
How the gently caress does Will Arnett keep getting work? No one likes him. He's anti-success for any product he participates in.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like the part when bojack fights gohan ssj2

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

notZaar posted:

nearly every TV show loses its charm after the third season as it resorts to either repeating the same established jokes or burying itself in continuity

the pattern tends to be first season has potential -> second season refines the potential -> third season rests on the great stuff established -> everything else sucks

the only exception to this seems to be star trek shows, because they sacrifice their first season to the poo poo gods

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Idk what you're talking about new adventure time kicks rear end. I also like when they let artists do their own thing and do EPs not about Finn and Jake Goofin in around

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so i'm watching the second to last episode of bojack and it just got like really fuckin weird. talk about a slow burn. what the hell is this

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fandyien posted:

so i'm watching the second to last episode of bojack and it just got like really fuckin weird. talk about a slow burn. what the hell is this

The drug trip is basically the highest point of the show.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Did anybody else think this would be some sort of one season show where Bojack kills himself at the end? Maybe I was reading too much into the opening sequence.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ProfessorBooty posted:

Did anybody else think this would be some sort of one season show where Bojack kills himself at the end? Maybe I was reading too much into the opening sequence.

Series finale

His "always later" turns out to be wrong and whoops his entire life isn't redeemable because of a few paltry actions.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

since everyones throwing out other animated shows out in this thread for some fuckin reason watch the life and times of tim or something bad might happen to you. why'd they cancel it my heart hurts

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Clone high was good

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

N. Senada posted:

Family Guy's legit good. It really pushes some boundaries tho!

You're cancer and paper cuts in one hateful fusion.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gravity Falls is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Trast posted:

its actually really cool and good