Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sho, Yosuke, and Chie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just play narukami like everyone else

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I've tried playing Kanji, Yukiko, and Labrys and I've done horribly with all of them. I thought I'd like Kanji since I generally like grapplers, but that didn't go well.

My other idea is trying a rushdown character, since I seen to do better with them in ArcSys games. What's a good one to start with?

minazuki's really straightforward. here's a tutorial to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUC4Qn2Ijw

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I've tried playing Kanji, Yukiko, and Labrys and I've done horribly with all of them. I thought I'd like Kanji since I generally like grapplers, but that didn't go well.

My other idea is trying a rushdown character, since I seen to do better with them in ArcSys games. What's a good one to start with?

I think Chie and Narukami are good characters to start out with.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Playing through P4G reminded me that this game was a thing, I tried out Arena a bit when it initially came but didn't really invest much into it, so I picked this up because I remember what little I did play was pretty fun. If anyone wants to beat the crap out of me while I continue being bad at fighting games my PSN is RageBeef. I might be on some today after 4 pacific time if I've got time though all I've done at this point is the tutorial and ran through some of challenge mode, also I haven't really play a fighting game in quite a while so I'm probably going to end up being worse than I normally would.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Beef Waifu posted:

Sho, Yosuke, and Chie

Okay, I tried Yosuke and Chie and like how they play and am able to figure them out. I should be ready to start getting my rear end kicked online this weekend.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I'll be free tomorrow most of the day + afternoon so lets all do our best and reach out for the truth on PSN together, OK? :nyoron:

burger time fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 31, 2015

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

When is the 2.0 update supposed to come out? The only thing I can find says "January" but unless I'm stupid that didn't happen.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
2.0 is arcade only at the moment, I believe. Either they'll release it in a downloadable patch or just release a whole new version as it's own retail release down the line.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Forest Thief Pud posted:

2.0 is arcade only at the moment, I believe. Either they'll release it in a downloadable patch or just release a whole new version as it's own retail release down the line.

If they do a retail release is there any chance of a PS4 version or is that too much of a rework?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Okay, I misread the stuff talking about it coming out for arcade and assumed it was going to be on consoles.

I guess I'll quit using the fact it's coming as an excuse to not play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mmj posted:

If they do a retail release is there any chance of a PS4 version or is that too much of a rework?

This is what i'm hoping for. Now that I just plopped down $60 tonight for this game, i'm betting anything a PS4 version is announced.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'll be playing throughout the evening tonight if anyone wants to play. I'll mostly be playing Yukiko (still only decent), but may bust out my completely untested and terrible Margaret. :ohdear:

EDIT: PSN is theguy2687 in case you don't want to check the OP.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Good games goons. Had to jump off to take my dinner out of the oven

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Chaotic Flame posted:

Good games goons. Had to jump off to take my dinner out of the oven

You too. You should join Ragebeef and me again soon if you're online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

mmj posted:

You too. You should join Ragebeef and me again soon if you're online

Didn't see this till now, but I'll probably be on tonight too.

• Locked thread