Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Maybe on the NA store but not (yet) on the EUR one, I dunno if you can even use a import one with EUR dlc whenever it does come out. I guess it doesn't matter though, I'll import it anyway.

If you import from the US, just make a US account and grab the free US DLC.

If you're importing from Japan, you'll have to pay for the DLC with a JP account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

New english trailers

Naoto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJcDLhOxivI

Akihiko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6--Gov2wQ

:sparkles: Kanji :sparkles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXwpJyXd2w

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The new voices are noticeable but close enough that it'll be easy enough to get over it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Honestly, I think I like Matt Mercer Kanji more than Troy Baker Kanji.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Butt Ghost posted:

You get out of here right now.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

I actually can't tell much difference between Matt Mercer and Troy Baker's voices, to the point that I thought Alvin in Tales of Xillia was voiced by Troy Baker and got really surprised when it wasn't.

Might just be me though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I actually can't tell much difference between Matt Mercer and Troy Baker's voices, to the point that I thought Alvin in Tales of Xillia was voiced by Troy Baker and got really surprised when it wasn't.

Might just be me though.

You should look at the Fire Emblem Awakening thread back when Canada broke the street date.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

tits are life, rear end is hometown

god bless

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Teddie's daydream doesn't include Labrys or Aigis, how mechanist.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I think I need to actually practice this game more, I just end up spamming light attack as Chie: which seems to work but makes me pretty useless as other characters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marie's out now for those of you with JP PSN bucks.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Excels posted:

tits are life, rear end is hometown

god bless

Teddy is smart. He leaves out all of the Velvet Rooms people.

(probably because they have the ability to one-shot him.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Here's another new Adachi combo video with more of his unblockable reset tech taken to the limit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQbA2OG2M58

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
What's the cheapest/best place to import this from to the EU?
Amazon is going to charge me 90$ for it. That's just a bit too much. I dont mind paying 60$ but 90$ for one game is just too much.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Sefal posted:

What's the cheapest/best place to import this from to the EU?
Amazon is going to charge me 90$ for it. That's just a bit too much. I dont mind paying 60$ but 90$ for one game is just too much.

you could always ask someone to buy it in US and then just mail it to you, you'd save at least 20 bucks.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's another new Adachi combo video with more of his unblockable reset tech taken to the limit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQbA2OG2M58

The fact it requires him to cast one of his awakening supers at some point in the match (or combo into it) seems fine.. more situational than what shadow characters do. I'm more worried about how his neutral game will work, supposedly his j.C is cheap as hell but I haven't been playing too often, ranked is a little boring without the US release's flood of players. :getin:

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

apple posted:

... I haven't been playing too often, ranked is a little boring without the US release's flood of players. :getin:

It will be an honor to get blown up by you if we ever get matched. Don't worry. We won't. I think I peaked at 32% and a C rank!

Really looking forward to learning the new game. As a intermediate online player who played Labrys and sometimes Elizabeth, it may as well be a whole new game since I've got to pick a new main!

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Labrys and Elizabeth are honestly about where they were with Arena, with a couple of new tricks to try and help them out. If you felt fine with them in vanilla, there's no real reason to dump them outside of the new characters appealing to you or you really liked Labrys's string traps.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

didn't beef waifu say labrys is the same but worse? one of the first big tourneys in japan had her at the absolute bottom of the pick list

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In P4A2 1.0 Labrys was significantly worse than she was in P4A, but after the 1.1 patch she's about back to being as lovely as she was in P4A. And yeah, nobody even qualified with any version of Labrys for ArcRevo.

Just to put it into perspective how bad she was in 1.0, she lost her string traps, lost her only decent reversal, her axe level started at and fell to Blue by default, and she did less damage. Yu got buffs.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, Labrys is poo poo-teir? She was, like, my best character in the original.

My other best was Elizabeth.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

is mitsuru still the best character by a wide margin, or is she now second to her Shadow version?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Butt Ghost posted:

i'm so sorry

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

I believe Liz is taking up the bottom spot of the tier list in both games.

Excels posted:

is mitsuru still the best character by a wide margin, or is she now second to her Shadow version?

Mitsuru is still good, but not at the absolute top. I believe her shadow type is a little worst overall but has the benefit of being one of the few good shadow types thanks to having a heavy hitting shadow rush combo that's virtually unburstable.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Liz is next to impossible at the end of Golden Arena mode, though.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Her SB Garudyne is apparently pretty ridiculous, specially during awakening, so there's that. I don't know if that changes much though, her pressure with her persona attacks only got ever so slightly better when it needed to be buffed significantly..

Antillese posted:

It will be an honor to get blown up by you if we ever get matched. Don't worry. We won't. I think I peaked at 32% and a C rank!

Really looking forward to learning the new game. As a intermediate online player who played Labrys and sometimes Elizabeth, it may as well be a whole new game since I've got to pick a new main!

Haha, don't sweat it, we can do player lobbies if you want to play. Plus, I started out with maybe a 30% win rate when I started learning the game as well :smith:

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Is there a place where we can post our PSN names and such when this comes out? I have to wait for the US release unfortunately.

In that case I'm massmediajunky on PSN, and I'm still playing P4A until the 30th if anyone wants to play
\/\/\/

mmj fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 16, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Post em and I'll throw em in the OP. This game comes out for 360 as well in America, so if you're getting it for that drop gamertags too, I guess. I'm planning to add more info and vids to the OP a week before the US release as by then there'll be enough info on everyone to write more detailed writes up for the console-exclusive characters and some vids to go with them.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Got my copy preordered, really hoping they have enough Sock 'Em Bopper Teddies and Tarot cards for everyone on release day.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

Excels posted:

Got my copy preordered, really hoping they have enough Sock 'Em Bopper Teddies and Tarot cards for everyone on release day.

They better! My kids are a bit too young to teach me OMB touch of death combos, but they are going to love an inflatable toy they can actually hit indoors!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

My friends are all super into Street Fighter which I've never been interested in or good at, this game has me excited for the story and also the chance to get some Adachi smackdown on them.

What better character to alienate friends with by being an insufferable dick?

A: Shadow Adachi. Though I'm not actually planning to be a dick since I like my friends.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Good news Europe, you guys will be getting Ultimax in November, courtesy of Sega!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ign=socialoomph

No other info has been announced, like if you guys will get Adachi and Marie for free as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 19, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I guess Margaret's out now? LordKnight's streaming her trials at the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god Margaret is so loving weird. None of her normals function like actual normals and AOA can be used fullscreen and cross up the opponent.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So here is the reason you should buy Margaret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GMdJxeg18

Also Her Unlimited/Boss version's Izuna Drop does 7000 damage. :getin:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

So here is the reason you should buy Margaret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GMdJxeg18

Also Her Unlimited/Boss version's Izuna Drop does 7000 damage. :getin:

did they just include like the entire soundtrack of both games? i can't wait to see a full track list

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not the entire soundtrack, but the tracklist of the game has a shitton of music from both sides and even the Portable versions. Hell, it's got music from PQ, P4 anime, and the P3 Movie, but why would you ever want the P3 Movie remixes because they all suck.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here is a list of all the non DLC tracks.

http://pastebin.com/GHrmCaCb

And here are all the DLC tracks that we know of right now:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6641-p4au-news-gameplay-discussion/?p=841691

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Not the entire soundtrack, but the tracklist of the game has a shitton of music from both sides and even the Portable versions. Hell, it's got music from PQ, P4 anime, and the P3 Movie, but why would you ever want the P3 Movie remixes because they all suck.

I liked the movies but that may just be my bias towards Persona 3. The Golden anime was really good right up until Marie's dungeon. What the gently caress.

e: oh poo poo they have the dormitory theme. rockin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Changing Seasons and Deep Breath Deep Bearth make surprisingly good battle themes, fyi.

• Locked thread