Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Labrys and Elizabeth are honestly about where they were with Arena, with a couple of new tricks to try and help them out. If you felt fine with them in vanilla, there's no real reason to dump them outside of the new characters appealing to you or you really liked Labrys's string traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Wait, Labrys is poo poo-teir? She was, like, my best character in the original.

My other best was Elizabeth.

I believe Liz is taking up the bottom spot of the tier list in both games.

Excels posted:

is mitsuru still the best character by a wide margin, or is she now second to her Shadow version?

Mitsuru is still good, but not at the absolute top. I believe her shadow type is a little worst overall but has the benefit of being one of the few good shadow types thanks to having a heavy hitting shadow rush combo that's virtually unburstable.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can also get them by beating that character's Arcade Mode.

Boss Yukiko is pretty nasty; throws three fans for every B, has Fire Boost 9 at the start of the match, and a rapidly regenerating Fire Break. That also means she gets an unblockable Radiant Phoenix right at the start.

Also Boss Yosuke can use Hurricane Meteor whenever.

It has to be on Risky mode, thought that's not really a problem since the AI is pretty stupid and very beatable even on Risky. The problem with unlocking them legitimately is that it's a bit of a time sink, so I'd rather just pay the small money upfront rather than deal with trudging through arcade mode 20+ times.

Speaking of Boss Mode, Boss Maragret is unsurprisingly silly and dumb, with j.D during into a 3 way shot that murders, Hassou Tobi becoming an unblockable, and Mediarahan now full healing her and (probably) doing jack poo poo to the opponent's health on top of all the usual stuff.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Yeah, that's pretty much the case, so long as the person making the player room has turned them on. The only other way to play as the boss characters is to do Versus mode.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'll be getting Margaret and that's it. As much as I love the music, paying for past tracks just makes me sad. They would've been unlockable tracks in the days before DLC. :smith:

No, the tracks just wouldn't have been in at all, because fighting games generally don't care too much about music tracks beyond having one for each character and/or stage and maybe some special unique match-up themes in some games.

You still get a decent amount of tracks to choose from the get go anyways, and there's a good amount of stuff that they didn't have to put in there in the first place(Shin Mitsuo Tensei, Game, some of after school tracks from P3, post-battle victory music, the FREE DLC tracks they do offer, ect.)

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 27, 2014

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do the different navigators have different effects for Golden Arena? Just wondering before I go buy the ones I want, and if they are any recommended ones.

At the very least they get different initial passives. From what I remember out of the current US DLC, Nanako provides SP Regen, Mitsuru nulls Rage/Panic/Fear/Mute, Yosuke provides a speed boost, and Teddie makes the opponent Rage automatically from the start. I think the main one might proc a little more often/more reliably too. Effects gained from S Link level up might effectively make them all the same by the end though.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

TheManSeries posted:

Can you cross play if you have the Japanese version.

I've heard of Shinjiro avatars showing up in the lobby and Margaret is on the select screen, so the two versions might be compatible at this point thanks to patches. Don't know for sure though.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

Speaking of which I what are the effects for cloud weather and sunny weather, when I'm playing as Marie?
I know that Snow means SP Regen, and Rain means HP Regen.

Sunny weather increase the damage of her non-awakening supers by 20%, while cloudy weather gives two clouds with 214B->A/B/A+B(one hovers over Marie, the other over the opponent as usual) and gives her B+D and ground throw paralysis on hit.

Picking the current weather up during card super also gives a bonus effect, with cloudy inflicting paralysis, sun and rain inflcting more damage, and the big one being snow since it will allow a freeze that you can then follow up with another C card super for damage or setting up presents/eyes for screen control.

Forest Thief Pud fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
2.0 is arcade only at the moment, I believe. Either they'll release it in a downloadable patch or just release a whole new version as it's own retail release down the line.

• Locked thread