Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

haha gently caress you adachi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

So, let's just get this out of the way: Main Menu Adachi

Both videos are KIA. e: apparently not

here's yukari and mitsuru looking fabulous

And a sort-of-who-is-really-surprised spoiler:

Shadow Marie shows up link

Excels fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 26, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

e: okay. if anyone does want the links for music/cutscene downloads though, i have them handy.

Excels fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 26, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Oh man, there are some pretty heavy spoilers flying around right now about this game, can't tell what's true and what's been distorted by word of mouth

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Three or more voice changes since the original P4, taking away Labrys' accent-- Persona games used to be one of the few series who had a decent English dub, and then they swapped out the good ones for crap, ruining Labrys even more (and not buffing her at all), what is their deal over there

FauxGateau posted:

does Adachi talk like snidely whiplash in this one too?

Yes. it sounds like he's trying to do a bad impression of japanese Adachi, but it's not menacing or creepy at all

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

TheManSeries posted:

So has it hit the psn store yet? I've seen reports of such.

.... It was just leaked early a few days ago, it's not out for a little while yet. Atlus also has a "NO SPOILERS" warning up on the site in response to the leak, with Shadow Teddie threatening to curse anyone who ruins the game for others.

Also does anyone know of a chart with the "official" story of Arena? Like what specific dialogue and routes actually happened in canon? Because it is impossible for every route to have happened if they were getting each other trapped in rooms with invisible walls.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The wiki for Arena mentions this:

quote:

As Elizabeth continues on her journey, she stops by at the gate of death to defeat Erebus, who comes back about once a year (she picks it up with one hand, throws it through a portal to the moon, then kills it in one hit with Thanatos).

I did not know this, that is hilarious. Liz is a loving boss.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

lmao holy hell with that shadow mitsuru combo, looks outrageous. the other player couldn't move for like a full 20 seconds, just watching helplessly as they were destroyed.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I managed to use Elizabeth's Instant Kill just once. I don't know how I did it. I haven't managed to do them all, but most of 'em

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh wow, even the story mode has English voices.

Wait, the Japanese story mode is in English? Are we not getting dual-audio for it?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

This game doesn't have an option for text switching, that might be exclusive to the US version of Ultimax or neither version might have it. Which is strange, this version of the game does have the English script in the files. I guess they just made it inaccessible or something.

Reverse importation deterrent.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Yeah. Like, both versions will have the same files but they need to release the JP version first with the English script locked so we don't just import it right away. And if it were released here first, Japanese players would import it from us to save money. They're clearly just trying to avoid complaints about region-locking (since P4A was THE only region-locked PS3 game for the same reasons)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

somebody unplugged it lol

e: aaand it's back.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I'm seriously confused about the DLC. Do I have to preorder to get the DLC? The PSN store says preordering gets me 8 new colors for all characters (2 of which can only be used offline for whatever reason?).

Can I get the DLC before buying the game, or do I get a code from Gamestop by putting down a fiver on it for September 30th? Is Margaret the only one who isn't free?

Does the Teddie bopper/cards/etc make up a more expensive bundle?

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 30, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Yeah the dub is pretty bad across the board for this one. Is there any confirmation on dual-audio files for Story Mode?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

So, someone figured out that Adachi has some weird combo routes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6j-RCAdnQ

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

tits are life, rear end is hometown

god bless

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Sefal posted:

What's the cheapest/best place to import this from to the EU?
Amazon is going to charge me 90$ for it. That's just a bit too much. I dont mind paying 60$ but 90$ for one game is just too much.

you could always ask someone to buy it in US and then just mail it to you, you'd save at least 20 bucks.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

didn't beef waifu say labrys is the same but worse? one of the first big tourneys in japan had her at the absolute bottom of the pick list

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

is mitsuru still the best character by a wide margin, or is she now second to her Shadow version?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Liz is next to impossible at the end of Golden Arena mode, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Got my copy preordered, really hoping they have enough Sock 'Em Bopper Teddies and Tarot cards for everyone on release day.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

So here is the reason you should buy Margaret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8GMdJxeg18

Also Her Unlimited/Boss version's Izuna Drop does 7000 damage. :getin:

did they just include like the entire soundtrack of both games? i can't wait to see a full track list

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Not the entire soundtrack, but the tracklist of the game has a shitton of music from both sides and even the Portable versions. Hell, it's got music from PQ, P4 anime, and the P3 Movie, but why would you ever want the P3 Movie remixes because they all suck.

I liked the movies but that may just be my bias towards Persona 3. The Golden anime was really good right up until Marie's dungeon. What the gently caress.

e: oh poo poo they have the dormitory theme. rockin

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

How much do you think the music DLC will cost stateside? I want to groove a battle to Never More and Memories of You as soon as possible

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/28/famitsu-reveals-exclusive-color-palettes-for-persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold/

look at all these awesome palettes we don't loving get. i bet you those are all on the NA disc too and will just remain inaccessible, forever.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Well, we got all of the BlazBlue magazine/blu-ray colors/stages/songs as DLC for the US version, something that the Japanese PSN didn't even get,so don't give out hope just yet.

DLC these days just gives me a headache. Buy our magazine and we'll let you access this portion of the game data! Shop at our store and WE'LL give you access to a DIFFERENT piece of game code, all included on the disc you already paid for! But you can't have both, this ain't a charity motherfucker

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

There's also a P3 Aigis lobby avatar code in one of the magazines. She has a ribbon instead of a tie.

it's really a shame most people don't even know how important that ribbon/tie is to aigis, since her origin story First Mission was only released as a (japanese) mobile game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

quote:

Makes powerful boss versions of the characters available to play as.

NOTE: Boss Characters are unavailable in certain modes.
NOTE: This content can be unlocked normally through gameplay.

so you can just buy Unlimited versions for every character now. neat

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 26, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

can i play as golden elizabeth

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

I'll be getting Margaret and that's it. As much as I love the music, paying for past tracks just makes me sad. They would've been unlockable tracks in the days before DLC. :smith:

They have to make their money somewhere. Be thankful two of the characters are free, I wasn't even expecting to get that much.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

good. i'm amazed they even make games on 360 anymore

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

game rules.

tarot cards rule.

teddie bopper rules also

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hurry up give me the DLC atlus!!!!

Gimme the 'dachi

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

The language thing is all messed up. They speak english for some parts but not others, even in Japanese.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Kanji and narukami are real ballbusters on Risky mode. Like Yu especially is just ridiculous.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Shadow Yukari makes my dick ROCK HARD.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Nanako in a towel is a player icon listed under "Fanservice" :stare:

e: but more importantly, so is hanako in a swimsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Honestly I might just mute the voices in Story Mode, since all I'm hearing is "new voices are mostly lame"

it's really strange that changing the battle dialogue to japanese doesn't change the win quote language though

• Locked thread