Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Seriously though this movie is amazing. Mentally exhausting, action packed, great writing and acting. This thing is dripping with emotion and brutality and some of the darkest comedy that I've seen in a while. I don't think everyone will like this but it was right up my alley.

5/5

bad news bareback fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
A friend recommended it to me after mentioning I was a fan of Old Boy (original) and The Raid. Looking forward to checking it out soon!

nac
Jun 1, 2008
A good movie as long as you can put aside more practical ideas. Every time someone died I cringed at the necessary significant drop in genetic diversity of the human race.

Of course no one claims to be a scientist on the train.

(oh, and holy poo poo Captain America pulled off some real depth for me)

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Stupid premise barley made watchable through a couple of fun action scenes. This film had all the depth of a budget FPS. Completely forgettable.

2/5

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Standard tone deaf (schizophrenic?) Korean garbage.

1/5

Th3D0Nn
Jul 22, 2015
Saw it in theaters (almost a year ago at this point), I remember liking it, but the whole existence of the last cars and those people made no sense to me.
4/5 enjoyable but not as deep as it portrays itself.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It had very good side characters. For a movie about french social criticism done in a sci-fi action premise I had no expectations, but it was far better than bigger production stuff like jupiter ascending.

3/5

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know this is a Korean movie, but it's literally a live action JRPG set on a train minus the ridiculous hair and costumes. It also has a stupid catch all to cover up what would otherwise be tremendous plot holes. I found it to have no redeeming qualities. The only things that's novel here is the presentation, but no matter how you present a turd, it's still just a turd.

1/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumbfire Rocketman
Jul 30, 2009

a drunk european baby
is putting u in ur place

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Plot points brought up and thrown out constantly. Dialogue that goes nowhere and adds nothing to the setting or characters. Boring action scenes and visuals. Extremely hamfisted in trying to shock us or getting us to relate to the characters. A literal trainwreck.

1/5 instead of 0/5 for the scene where they unfreeze the guy with a cigarette and everyone gathers around just for a whiff.