Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

I keep hoping they make a God of War 4 where you go around and murder the Norse mythology.

We already talked about this, it's a Kratos/Samson team-up. At the title screen they're staring each other down, and when you press start they do the Predator Bro Shake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So before Kalon posts it, I want to go ahead and warn everybody not to watch today's update at work. Or in public. Or anywhere where there's even the slightest chance another human being could see you. There will never be a good enough explanation.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Yapping Eevee posted:

I love how over-reactionary most goons are about nudity and gore and such things. :allears: This thread is my first significant exposure to any God of War footage, but I get the feeling that whatever the next video has to show us, it can't be that bad.

It's not so much that it's horrible, it's that it'll be really really awkward to explain to someone why you're watching it. It's fairly creepy.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Ape, you didn't quite mention the full context of Medusa having sex in Athena's temple. See, Athena was born without intercourse and has never been touched by a man, and as such her priesthood was virginal. So for her high priestess to have sex in her temple? That's tremendously disrespectful.

Of course, considering that Medusa was raped and then punished for being raped in at least one version of the story, Athena is still going way over the line (potentially). But then blaming the victim has been a problem in gender politics for millennia, so as sad as it is, it's not unexpected.

Yah, there's gonna be a fair amount of stuff that we don't cover during these, either due to time or how many variations on the myth there are. There are so many versions of the Medusa myth that it'd take the better part of an hour to go over all of them, so I picked the one that seemed the closest fit to the game. Really, these should be more of a springboard to go out and learn more about the myths they address than anything.

Herr Tog posted:

This is one of those LPs I love so much for the video game and the people talking over it that I want it to update all the time. Either way thank you.

Hey, thanks.

McKilligan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhWJPBqEkXU

I think this may have been the grammar point you were trying to remember. Not sure if it's latin or greek that makes the distinction though.

Pretty much exactly. The distinction was between fighting with someone, and fighting with someone as a weapon. And heave called it when he said I'd remember it 30 seconds after we stopped recording, so points to you, Heave.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Shugojin posted:

Ahh, Pandora's Temple.

...what an over-engineered piece of crap. Right from the start. What was even the point of the self-retracting giant stone steps?

Gotta use up the budget or they'll cut it next year.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Oh goodness, a package! For me! Whatever could it be?

Is that what I think it is?

Oh gosh and golly it is! It's God of War, "The official novel of the thrilling video game"!

Oh I'm so glad this is here, now I can read all about Kratos and his quest to kill Ares. And joy of joys, it's just as terrible as you'd expect. And now, I get to share it with you. With all of you. And there's nothing you can do to stop me.

See yah next video.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

malkav11 posted:

I have trouble believing the God of War book is all that bad as licensed fiction goes.

You're gonna feel really stupid come Tuesday.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Pvt.Scott posted:

Will there be dramatic readings?

I read some of it during slow bits. It's... not great.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

So regarding the Spartans, what did they do for, ya know, all the jobs that a society requires to function besides soldiers?

Slaves. Lots and lots of slaves. So many slaves that when Sparta went to war, they had to be careful that the slaves didn't decide to revolt and burn the place down while most of the army was away.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Hey thread, I'm gonna be streaming Intrusion 2 and also probably other games at http://www.hitbox.tv/ApeLaw in one hour.

Oh and Kalon and Heave will be there too.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I really do like that you go through all that poo poo to get Pandora's Box and then Ares just goes "oh right I should probably do something about that Kratos guy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Impromptu stream at http://www.hitbox.tv/ApeLaw tonight! Everybody in!

• Locked thread