Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I only got to play a bit last night, but they didn't make it so things in your storage are counted in regards to client orders, did they? That's my number one annoyance regarding client orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Hm- so how do I enable PSO2es to do purchases through Play? I load es up in Bluestacks and it just redirects me to the es store page where it tells me this item isn't available in my country and I can't play the game to actually purchase AC.

E: I caved and got the es Tweaker. Turns out the game file is out of date and I guess if you're linked to Google, it tries to update from the Play store and no filthy gaijins allowed there.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 27, 2014

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I feel the need to add that Iron Will now makes you invincible after it triggers (5 seconds of invincibility at max), and maxed Never Give Up adds 15 seconds to that in addition to giving you 300 SATK for the invincibility duration. So you get a 75% chance to not die as long as you have more than 1hp, then you get 20 seconds of invincibility and increased damage when you get back up.

It's 15 skill points total, but I think it is worth every point.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Schubalts posted:

I feel the need to add that Iron Will now makes you invincible after it triggers (5 seconds of invincibility at max), and maxed Never Give Up adds 15 seconds to that in addition to giving you 300 SATK for the invincibility duration. So you get a 75% chance to not die as long as you have more than 1hp, then you get 20 seconds of invincibility and increased damage when you get back up.

Pretty good.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It sounds like it'll just lead to people making very bad choices for the sake of gambling their life for hyper invincibility.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

LiquidRain posted:

Nope.

Nope.

Yup. But you're missing out on a 40% XP bonus by going solo so grind baby grind.

Other than Sega themselves? Nope.

The core gameplay is light years ahead of PSO1 though for fun factor, and it retains the PSO visual aesthetic quite well. The fun factor increase can't really be expressed well enough, all classes are more fun to play as, but I especially find Gunner and Braver to be very fun.

I was quite disappointed in the music, there's always special event lobby music going on rather than anything PSO-ish, and most fields have generally boring music with few exceptions. Nothing comes close to what PSO1 Ep 2 offered for musical delight. What I'd kill for a new Jungle-quality theme, oh god.

:smugwizard: Do you really need anything but this song on repeat?:snoop:

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Was hoping it was the original PS one. This is absolutely awesome!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Schubalts posted:

At long last, I won't be as terrible at the game for picking a hunter as my class.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Hunter just got buffed, so only people that haven't played it yet will hate on it.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI05BZgNkHk

Level 53 Hu/Fi vs. SH Zesh.

I think Hunter got some good buffs. If nothing else, Rising Edge is awesome now.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
A couple of newbie questions I didn't see explicit answers to in the OP: Can you change class/subclass at any time, or do you have to roll a new character? Is there an English client/server?

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Wales Grey posted:

A couple of newbie questions I didn't see explicit answers to in the OP: Can you change class/subclass at any time, or do you have to roll a new character? Is there an English client/server?
You can change at any time, and there is no English client or server, but the PSO Tweaker gets you 95% of the way there along with ship 2 block 20, the quarantined English zone.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Truxton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI05BZgNkHk

Level 53 Hu/Fi vs. SH Zesh.

I think Hunter got some good buffs. If nothing else, Rising Edge is awesome now.

Hot drat, Hunter looks like it might actually be worth a drat again. Between this an Nexttime's proxy I might give this game another spin.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hunter does seem to be good now, 70/70 Hu/Ra with a 90SATK mag and an unground Phonlieses and I was having no trouble easily dispatching stuff in JAPANLAND.

Jet Boots are really fun, though I have little idea what I'm doing with them. I only have two PAs, the rising one that can cast Shifta and the "dash really far forward and kick things in the head" one that casts Deband, but you can slot techs in the PA slots, so putting Zondeel or Ilmegid in there is hella fun. Got a few of the Twin Saber PAs too, and they seem really good. Good class.

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
And people told me Hunter would never be good again. I'm completely justified in stubbornly maining it :colbert:.

That said Never Give Up seems kind of game breaking considering you have a 75% chance to not die when you take mortal damage, and also you become completely invincible and it isn't hunter main class only somehow.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Wow, this is really well done. Thanks!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

LiquidRain posted:

You can change at any time, and there is no English client or server, but the PSO Tweaker gets you 95% of the way there along with ship 2 block 20, the quarantined English zone.

Don't use block 20 unless you want to see a lot of nsfw symbol arts and dumb slapfights, though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Techer received one hell of a buff, I am murdering the poo poo ouf of everything by going fighter/techer and using a crit build with crafted/all class wands. Seems like territory burst either got bigger or its effect more visible because my buff range seems almost double now.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Basically, if you want to play Hunter or Braver, learn how to time Just Guards. The window is actually pretty forgiving, it totally stops the attack dead, and you get a decent frame where follow up attacks get eaten too. It's not 360 like the dagger spin, so you may get flattened by some AoE attacks or get clobbered from behind due to block stun (which way shorter now). It also makes you feel like a total badass. One of my best experiences in this game was Just Countering every hit of Hunar's combo, then pounding him into the dirt.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got two really good Dual Blade PAs that have big AoEs with tons of damage, and then I have one where you sort of just blast off into outer space.

Break stance is probably worthless overall but I love smashing enemy parts so I'm ok with it. If I got to fix it I'd add a skill where you get a temporary 10-20% damage bonus whenever you break something.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

so putting Zondeel

Moment Gale, the third boots PA, shifts into a combined breakdance, Zondeel, and Zanverse.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
My character is so much fun to play with these changes. TE/HU is pretty tanky now (even completely ignoring all defensive hunter skills)

Lenaway fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 28, 2014

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
this update is so good

bouncer owns I love to breakdance on dudes until they die

my favorite things so far are the little quality of life improvements though.
the lobby map because i could never remember where people are when doing matter board stuff, being able to see where other people are in multiparty areas on the big map, jump pads in the lobby and also the lobby just looks a lot cooler

and yet you still cant filter PAs

e: while im here id like to ask whats the deal with these crystals from each of the planets. i mustve been taking a break whenever these came about because i have no idea what theyre for

AfroGunsou fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 28, 2014

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

they're for the the timed abilities you can add for your units.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Try equipping Nazonde onto Jet Boots for a good time

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Moment Gale, the third boots PA, shifts into a combined breakdance, Zondeel, and Zanverse.

I don't have that one yet :shobon:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also Risa voice ticket owns :allears:

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
Played a few hours of Bouncer today here are some impressions:

Sadly I could not have fun with the Moon shoes. They felt kinda awkward to me and trying to stay in the air felt kinda difficult. Dual Swords/Twin Sabers on the other hand are amazingly fun, and the PAs hit like trucks. Even without break stance, breaking pieces off of banther/banshee was so unbelievably easy and those photon swords feel broken as gently caress with the active ability on. I'm sure I'll see some level of drop off in later levels, but even for early levels it was crazy good. Combine that with Fury stance and you're sure to see some surprisingly high numbers. (I was seeing damage numbers over 1000 with PAs at level 7, which is insane to me).

Granted I haven't really played for over a month before EP3 hit, but man these changes get a big thumbs up from me.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Funkysauce posted:

Was hoping it was the original PS one. This is absolutely awesome!

I lied, there are a couple of other ones too:
For your robo-mans needs
Smug wizard needs
Some Battle themes
Space truckers needs their own theme

This series got way too much good music.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Am I kawaii yet, uguu?

Do you think sempai will notice me now?

Maybe he'll come and eat lunch with me now.

This was the best makeover ticket I'll ever spend.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gotta say, Ranger is so much more fun to play now that I've got ways to actually recover PP.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

In case anyone was in doubt, Br/Hu is still as good as ever with some more options for PA loadouts. Hu/Br is also hilariously brutal thanks to the massive buffs to Hunter PAs, so you can hit like a goddamn train anytime, all the time. It's seriously unbelievable how much rear end you can kick with a sword or partisan now. Wired Lances also got a boost, but they've still the niche weapon you need to spend time learning, so if that put you off before, no luck there.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So I'm a 54/21 Ra/Hu and I'm at kind of a loss. What should I be trying to work towards? Where should I be finding my levels? How do we make fat stacks of cash now that TACOs grinding's (presumably) dead and buried?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dabir posted:

So I'm a 54/21 Ra/Hu and I'm at kind of a loss. What should I be trying to work towards? Where should I be finding my levels? How do we make fat stacks of cash now that TACOs grinding's (presumably) dead and buried?

Klotho's XQCOs and daily COs give out SHITLOADS of money now. As for levels, doing daily COs and EQs is the best way, failing that AQs with bursts, I think?

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Dabir posted:

Work towards whatever you want. Obviously you'll want to level up - the biggest XP is still Mining Defense and Falz Arms emergency quests; pop XP and triboosters for those if you value your time. :) (rare boosters too for Mining Defense) Do your lookups on Cirnopedia for what weapons would best suit your current stats and buy what you can in that range. Learn to affix both your weapons and units. When you get above 60 start taking a look at XQs and which XQs would get you the 11* weapon you'd like most.

For money, daily orders and Klotho's XQ orders, but you might be a bit too low level for both until about 60.

Hu subclass won't benefit you as much as a Gu subclass for raw R-ATK damage I imagine, but despite being a lvl54 Ra myself I still don't fully understand the class, especially now that it's entirely shaken up. Kirbysuperstar's your man for Ra info - join the Nol Vacancy chat and ask him. (Br is more up my alley)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Almost all of gunner's skills seem to assume that it's your main class and you're using mechguns, there's not much in there for generic damage boosting. Hunter has fury stance, JA boost, fury stance JA combo...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, though Fury Stance as a whole did get nerfed, especially it's ranged component (to try and neuter gunnters a bit). Ra/Bra is pretty cool and nets you access to bows (which are much better with Charge Shoot now), though you do miss out on Iron Will.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Iron Will is kind of a trap skill, and Never Give Up is a sub-skill to a trap skill. It only works (up to 75%!) if you would have died otherwise, and if you're dying often enough that you think it's worth 10 skill points, you can just practice guarding/evading and put those points into something that is at least guaranteed to work. Respec passes aren't cheap, and once you get the hang of the timing, you'll rarely activate it unless you're going out of your way to get killed. If you're expecting to be unkillable, not only will you be in for an ugly surprise, but it'll give you a lot bad habits.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Dabir posted:

hanz has a bunch of good COs as soon as you hit level 50. try those too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Almost all of gunner's skills seem to assume that it's your main class and you're using mechguns, there's not much in there for generic damage boosting. Hunter has fury stance, JA boost, fury stance JA combo...

I really don't think so. Especially now with gravity bomb that gives you the incentive to stay up close, zero range advance, zero range critical and perfect keeper are pretty drat good boosts. Even chain trigger works waaay better with assault rifles than mechguns due to the higher range, mobility and PA speed. Attack PP restorate is a godsend for the PP hungry rifle and launcher skills.

Probably Ra/Hu is still the winning combination, but if you want to explode tightly packed gravity bombed enemies with zero distance or diffuse shell things got a whole lot better. Zero Distance got significantly buffed, prioritizes weak points and it is really easy to use with rooted enemies.

• Locked thread