Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I want this picture to be the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Astral Caws? :v:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Oh hey, you found the guy who I got all this dark eldar from.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Thomas the Tank Engine fell on hard times after his show.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

starkebn posted:

This is the greatest modelled army in the history of mankind

I'm pretty sure that's a goon, too. I remember seeing him post it two or three years ago in one of the warhams threads.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SRM posted:

I absolutely love this guy, holy poo poo

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

This particular terrain never fails to entertain me.

Looking over the rest of his photobucket album, this guy totally has a skull fetish.

e: definitely:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 30, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I don't know, it needs more skulls to be 40k. I mean, even plain battlefield is made of skulls with a thin layer of earth on top :v:

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
That land raider is terrible but if you don't think that skull fortress with heavy bolters for eyes is the raddest most 40k thing you've ever seen I don't know what you're doing in this hobby.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
"Lord of Skulls? I'll SHOW you Lord of Skulls".

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Next Marine Lord of War spotted

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Direwolf posted:

That land raider is terrible but if you don't think that skull fortress with heavy bolters for eyes is the raddest most 40k thing you've ever seen I don't know what you're doing in this hobby.

:agreed:

Also, I could see the land raider looking good with a (competent) job of paint to make the skulls look more like they're properly embedded in / sculpted onto the hull.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Are those custom treads with bones on them? This guy is not loving around.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Bucnasti posted:

Are those custom treads with bones on them? This guy is not loving around.

The bone is one that came with the old skeleton warriors, so I think he put it on a tread and then made a mold out of it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kaysette posted:

Thanks for the nightmares.

Anyone else remember the Skull Rhino convoy or the Giant Skull and Giant Pumpkin dreadnoughts?

SRM posted:

;)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Improbable Lobster posted:

Anyone else remember the Skull Rhino convoy or the Giant Skull and Giant Pumpkin dreadnoughts?
This one?

It's right up there with the Hello Kitty Dreadnought:

I'm pretty sure I saw that Hello Kitty one when I still posted on Bolter and Chainsword in like 2007.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Hello Kitty you say?

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

gmm studios represent

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

gmm studios represent

"It's OK to paint Nazi stuff on your fantasy tanks as long as there's no swastikas! :downs:"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gmm studios represent

Wait, that guy was the rear end in a top hat with the infamous Nazi guard army? Christ, nice to have known before I ever tried to respond to him on Dakka.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
No guys, it's totally ok cause the Imperium are actually nazis, see. Now to start painting my Cu Clux Cadians, they like to lynch xenos.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Those tanks are similar to that infamous imperial guard/eldar diorama in that there's pretty clearly a lot of technical skill involved; poo poo is objectively well painted, but they decided to do that with it. It's sad to see talent go to waste.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Can we all agree that said rape diorama never gets posted in this thread? Thanks in advance

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rkajdi posted:

Wait, that guy was the rear end in a top hat with the infamous Nazi guard army? Christ, nice to have known before I ever tried to respond to him on Dakka.

A bunch of us from the old offsite SA 40k forum called him out on it in the original dakka thread and it resulted in mods deleting all of the posts that weren't ooh and ahhhhhing the paint job. I still have the PMs and he starts decrying SA as a bunch of manchildren and says he can spot a goon a mile away lol

I wonder what would happen if you tried to make a post using the old pics and asked him what his commission rate would be.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 30, 2014

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Those turquoise marines are so 90s it hurts. I want to buy them and carefully freehand the BODY GLOVE logo onto their shoulderpads.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is that loving marine painted with a tumblr nose?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

"It's just a flesh wound :black101:"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cataphract posted:

No guys, it's totally ok cause the Imperium are actually nazis, see. Now to start painting my Cu Clux Cadians, they like to lynch xenos.

I thought the point was the Imperium is a giant Roman Empire in space. The Eagle was a Roman thing before the Nazis tried to co-opt it.

Chill la Chill posted:

A bunch of us from the old offsite SA 40k forum called him out on it in the original dakka thread and it resulted in mods deleting all of the posts that weren't ooh and ahhhhhing the paint job. I still have the PMs and he starts decrying SA as a bunch of manchildren and says he can spot a goon a mile away lol

I wonder what would happen if you tried to make a post using the old pics and asked him what his commission rate would be.

Now I need to find a way to troll/grief this guy. I vaguely remember the initial thread about the army, but I don't think he had a painting service at the time. There were some non-SA voices saying he'd lose teeth/his army case if he showed up with that at their shops, which I thought was appropriate. That forum is poo poo every time any time anything involving social justice comes up.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Well painted Chaos space marine

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

gmm studios represent

Normally IG painted as Nazis is pretty terrible, but I'm gonna be honest, this is just so over-the-top it spins back around into being hilarious. I just can't take the guy holding a banner of a guy holding a banner or the huge flag draped over the Basilisk's treads seriously. Maybe it's secretly a Wolfenstein-themed army?

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 31, 2014

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Good point, we could just post what turns up with an eBay search of "Well Painted 40k"

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Normally IG painted as Nazis is pretty terrible, but I'm gonna be honest, this is just so over-the-top it spins back around into being hilarious. I just can't take the guy holding a banner of a guy holding a banner or the huge flag draped over the Basilisk's treads seriously. Maybe it's secretly a Wolfenstein-themed army?

The guy has other armies also painted in the Nazi fetish style.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

JerryLee posted:

:agreed:

Also, I could see the land raider looking good with a (competent) job of paint to make the skulls look more like they're properly embedded in / sculpted onto the hull.

I do like that he made sure to not have any skulls blocking intake or exhaust vents.

And that fortress owns.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The guy has other armies also painted in the Nazi fetish style.
Pics/links?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pierzak posted:

"It's OK to paint Nazi stuff on your fantasy tanks as long as there's no swastikas! :downs:"
You're obviously not a game designer. Nazis are free game so long as you sub out swastikas with the Iron Cross :v:

gmm studios represent
In all fairness, those are some impressive paintjobs (obvious Nazi iconography aside). If the MLP Knight was painted that well it might not cop so much poo poo who am I kidding, the MLP Knight would still be a heavily ridiculed bucket of poo poo even if the painter was competent.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gmm studios represent

All broken now, rip.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Can we all agree that said rape diorama never gets posted in this thread? Thanks in advance

Uh, what?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

nooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SRM posted:

This one?