Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I can't remember if I read it on here or somewhere else, but they were talking about the ridiculous ways in which nazis wasted time and money. One they focused on was the uniforms. Something like the fallschirmjäger uniform had over 70 unique tailoring cuts, whereas even the finest Saville Row 3-piece suit only has like 21. On top of that, every uniform was custom tailored to the soldier. Like, if you're taking on the world in a war, and you have limited time, money, and supplies, maybe don't give Hugo Boss carte blanche to go hog wild with the unis, and just hand out small, medium, and large instead, with each piece having less then 10 cuts.

Yeah that comes up with some regularity in pyf, there was a goon in the milhist thread in ask/tell that covered it initially. That and the iconic stahlhelm being another model of production inefficiency, with like ten different sizes, each hand-stamped, and the leather supports inside custom-fit to the wearer. The whole upshot is that the Nazi uniform was developed to look good in propaganda films marching through blitzkrieged towns and as a consequence sucked to fight in and sucked worse to make.

It's my firm belief that the single most effective piece of Nazi engineering was the humble Jerry can. We're still using those today. (Not that it helped those fascist fucks when their fuel supplies dried up!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

It's the doomguy/Wolfenstein 3D face

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Same and same. I would have killed for Star Wars lego as a kid, but also the Space theme was so cool. It's sad there's no real way for them to coexist.

You still get occasional big sets in the old genre-type themes, even if there's not the support for a full line any more. Medieval stuff that's like really really nice Castle sets seem to be pretty common in the Creator and Ideas lines, there were a couple recent outstanding pirate ships, and Benny's Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship from the first movie was distilled classic space. Some of the City stuff for this year has a real Space theme to it as well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Winklebottom posted:

I think it's a 'shop :shobon:

Yeah, they sell groceries

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

grobbo posted:

I did a hearty dad-joke 'HA' at this so just wanted you to know that you're appreciated.

Please do not encourage me, I only get worse from here

(sincerely, thank you)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wonder why, I thought it was popular. I had the tiny little Gundams of the entire team as a kid, they were snap on

The RG line gets new models with less frequency than HG and MG and is mostly the main character suits, with a few notable antagonists (like Tallgeese). Honestly the new HG kits will be the same size as your old ones, but engineered a shitload better, and still snapfit. They're also really new, the Shenlong's due to come out pretty soon.

Phy fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 18, 2022

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

That's not a chainsword, it's a chainsparagraph

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

They also make a Goon mini!

"Whaddaya think's in the burgers??"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not to poo poo all over the parade but the dude who did the original comic was helldumped for being a pedophile https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2123

It's a goddamn shame that it's one of the most succinct expressions of that idea

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

If he had treads he'd be a fish tank

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The terrain:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rugikiki posted:

Nurgle’s Nautical Nightmare

Even before covid, that was potential on every cruise thanks to norovirus

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

War and Pieces posted:

A titan this big should be paying rent imo

I don't know what's worse, knowing enough about star wars to think this looks a lot like one of the IG assassin droids, or knowing enough about star wars to be positive it isn't

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

grassy gnoll posted:

or how the A-wing is just two halves of an F-14 glued together and some tubes stuck in the back

Taking a good hard look at a top view of the F-14's inlets and fuselage, and son of a bitch how did I never see it

That means it's responsible for two of my favorite fictional spaceships (the other being the VF-1)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

nanomarines son

You ever start laughing around other people and then sort of collapse in on yourself when you realize there's absolutely no way you can explain why

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Sunshine posted:

It's the top half of a nurgling on the bottom half of a witch elf.

Who Put Bulgy Down The Wych Elf

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Somehow my brain recognized the cherry branch on the shoulder but refused to parse any of the rest of the deco until I zoomed in

I long for that simpler time, 30 seconds ago

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Late For Leg Day

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

My kneejerk reaction was "wtf kids are dumb who would be into this" but then I reflected that two arbitrarily opposed sides in constant violent conflict isn't all that different from Transformers, He-Man, or GI Joe; there's just no toy company behind the Skibidi Toilets and Camera Men animations.

What's missing is a bunch of characters with individual decos but gang-molded parts so you can convince kids (and 30-year-olds with disposable income) to "collect em all"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

S'COOL BUS

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

That is absurdly detailed

There are photos taken by the James Webb of thousands of galaxies billions of light years away that contain fewer details than a single foot art on the internet

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kaza42 posted:

Hank Hill should be a Slaaneshi cultists. He sells pro pain and pro pain accessories

"If you want to, 'edge for hours', here's a gas trimmer, go do the driveway"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

marines are heavily gendered but basically sexless. they're Genocide Ken.

Kenocide

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ilor posted:

The Mater teeth are loving sending me.

That and the booger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe