Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Welcome to Season 3 of the Bettman Memorial Cup!
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/thebmc

This is a simple fantasy league running the following settings, and is back for another season after a successful first run:

16 Team League - Head to Head
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Season 1 Champions: A Glass of Marleau
Season 2 Champions: HC Andersen

At the moment I'm waiting to see who is returning from last season, and email notices to rejoin have been sent out. The following teams from last season have a while to rejoin for this season, then I'll open it up for new joins probably around mid-late September. The draft is tentatively set for the week prior to the NHL season proper.

SEASON 3 TEAM LIST:
HC Brokomotiv
Holmgren's Heroes
The Babcockalypse
Quebec Coyotes
Handsome Devils
HC Andersen
Mein Schneider!
Caliban's Puck
The Bickell Stabber
Teemu's Salami
The Ralph Richesons
Zucc Suit Riot
The Hockening
Despres For Mojo
Big Body Presence
xxxxxx -McVey

:siren: We be full! :siren:

DRAFT IS SET FOR FRIDAY OCTOBER 3RD, 8:30 Eastern

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll be coming back (Mein Schneider) Ginette (Bickell Stabber) and Calibans Puck too I would imagine.

Do you guys think we should have individual league threads this year rather than a catch all fantasy? Maybe a catch all promotion and poo poo and general talk and then these kinds for sign up/rules/trash talk/etc

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I didn't do anything last year after the draft because I got distracted by another league I got invited to join with friends, so I think I'll opt out this year.

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."

T-Bone posted:

I'll be coming back (Mein Schneider) Ginette (Bickell Stabber) and Calibans Puck too I would imagine.

Do you guys think we should have individual league threads this year rather than a catch all fantasy? Maybe a catch all promotion and poo poo and general talk and then these kinds for sign up/rules/trash talk/etc

The NHL fantasy threads seem to die pretty quickly after the drafts happen so I think just one large thread like the past few years would be better than 4-5 individual threads, at least for the normal one-year leagues. I can see that auction league having it's own thread possibly but that's about it. The last couple thread OP's have been good with listing all the different goon leagues and rules.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Definitely interested when you open it up for new GMs.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I'm down as well, so let me know if I need to come up with a witty hockey related team name

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I call third open spot. You will all revel in the majesty this is my fantasy finesse and the prowess of my puns.

DonnyCamaro
Nov 23, 2003

I would be down to join this league if there are any open spots.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I've never done fantasy anything before but I'm interested if there are open spots.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I want in too if there's a spot.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Updated root post, teams have a couple of weeks to renew then it goes to the people on the wait list.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Alrighty, 2 more days for people to rejoin or it goes to the guys on the waitlist +1 possibly. AceThomas, if you could send me your email to invite you as you're first on the list. Someone has pulled out for certain so there's 1 definite open spot. The rest will likely get your invites on Thursday, so if you could PM or post your emails for invites that would be grand.

Also, as a matter of housekeeping - what date & time is best for you guys to draft? I'm probably going to keep it toward the weekend before the season starts at the moment, but let me know.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I would like to throw my hat in the ring if there should happen to be an opening trickling down to wherever I would be on the list.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Diet Crack posted:

Alrighty, 2 more days for people to rejoin or it goes to the guys on the waitlist +1 possibly. AceThomas, if you could send me your email to invite you as you're first on the list. Someone has pulled out for certain so there's 1 definite open spot. The rest will likely get your invites on Thursday, so if you could PM or post your emails for invites that would be grand.

Also, as a matter of housekeeping - what date & time is best for you guys to draft? I'm probably going to keep it toward the weekend before the season starts at the moment, but let me know.

Please email me an invite if possible at playtherobot [at] Gmail

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

cenotaph posted:

I've never done fantasy anything before but I'm interested if there are open spots.

DonnyCamaro posted:

I would be down to join this league if there are any open spots.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I would like to throw my hat in the ring if there should happen to be an opening trickling down to wherever I would be on the list.

I need your emails to send you invites, as you don't have PM's.

:siren: ALL SPOTS TAKEN FOR NOW Draft is set for Friday, October 3rd @ 8:30 Eastern. :siren:

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 18, 2014

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

cenotaphsa [at] gmail

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."

Diet Crack posted:

I need your emails to send you invites, as you don't have PM's.

:siren: ALL SPOTS TAKEN FOR NOW Draft is set for Friday, October 3rd @ 8:30 Eastern. :siren:

I think you misclicked. You have it set for the 2nd right now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah sorry - My email is svejksa [at] gmail.com

DonnyCamaro
Nov 23, 2003

email is - ejp1384 [at] gmail.com

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Kaiser Cortez posted:

I think you misclicked. You have it set for the 2nd right now.

Gah Yahoo keeps changing my timezone, thanks for spotting.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Maybe we do some shame :toxx:s for worst team(s)?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's a 16 team league, everyone is the worst!

DonnyCamaro
Nov 23, 2003

All set, team name "Zucc Suit Riot"

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I set my team name to Despres for Mojo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tonight we be draftin'

8:30 Eastern, if you can't make it prerank players or you're probably gonna end up with some weird front loaded team. Nobody likes a lovely draft!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Diet Crack posted:

Tonight we be draftin'

8:30 Eastern, if you can't make it prerank players or you're probably gonna end up with some weird front loaded team. Nobody likes a lovely draft!

Thanks for reminding, totally forgot. Should be able to make it but if I suddenly take a long time it's because I've fallen asleep by the computer.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Totally not going to be spending all day reading draft strategies/rankings (only to ultimately end up with an awful team)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I didn't write down my password and because I tried to enter it too much I'm currently stuck with doing the phone support for yahoo which will probably take forever. If that fails can I just be kicked out and sign up with a different yahoo account?

edit: nevermind I got in

cenotaph fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 3, 2014

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Just in case I win, you should know before hand I'm winging it with no prep but my other keeper league draft.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Just in case I win, you should know before hand I'm winging it with no prep but my other keeper league draft.

Yeah, I forgot about drunk board game night. Soooo, my wastracted phone-picking self is going to own all you hicks.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

15 mins to draft, please make your way to the floor

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thanks for drafting guys, here are the full draft results:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/9387/draftresults?drafttab=round

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Seguin at 3rd is pretty weird in hindsight. That dual eligibility is pretty tops though.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I had fun. I guess I'm pretty happy for my first fantasy draft though I kind of got lost near the end.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Seguin at 3rd is pretty weird in hindsight. That dual eligibility is pretty tops though.

I think it was pretty wide open after Stamkos/Crosby.

I was torn between Seguin and Tavares and took Seguin.

I like my team, but time will tell. I got guys I wanted. :shrug:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I think it was pretty wide open after Stamkos/Crosby.

I was torn between Seguin and Tavares and took Seguin.

I like my team, but time will tell. I got guys I wanted. :shrug:

Oh yeah, it'll be a fun year. This is my first fantasy league, but I went in convinced I was either gonna scalp goaltenders or defense because they are just naturally a more scarce position. Being 16th kinda forced my hand. We'll see how that works out.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ov fell to 8. Next year Crosby falls to 87.

Any votes for worst pick? I want to say mug shot Mike but haven't looked over the picks thoroughly.

E: worst, first, whatever.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 4, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
in as Be Like Laich

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Noob question: am I setting a roster for the whole week or am I fiddling with it day-to-day based on who is actually playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

cenotaph posted:

Noob question: am I setting a roster for the whole week or am I fiddling with it day-to-day based on who is actually playing.

Should be day to day.

• Locked thread