Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

You guys that have played CPU games, how do the sliders feel? I'm hearing that CPU QBs are disgustingly accurate, even if they are terrible. Does anyone feel we need to evaluate sliders?
I'm playing the Texans and their offense is pretty ridiculous with this drat 99 Russel Wilson. Not unplayable but the CPU is pretty hard.

Does anyone else feel the games go a bit quick with the accelerated clock? Seems like you get one drive a quarter.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

You guys that have played CPU games, how do the sliders feel? I'm hearing that CPU QBs are disgustingly accurate, even if they are terrible. Does anyone feel we need to evaluate sliders?

If Drew Brees had anyone talented to throw to on his team it could have been ugly. Outside of the pick he threw in the endzone I think he missed less than three passes all game. They could be a little less accurate but I guess I gotta see if the Eagles do any better or worse before I pass judgement....

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
GG Havoc. Oilers take it 34-17 I think.

MVP: Ryan Shazier with 3 picks and a TD

LVP: Derek Carr and his 64 passer rating fracturing his arm while running out the clock on a read option.

Get ready for the Weeden experience folks

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Dubious posted:

Ill weigh in after I play mine after TNF.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I lost to the CPU in OT. Those outside sweeps don't work as well as they did last year.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
RG3 rebounds from a miserable Week 1 performance to throw for 200 yards, 4 TDs, and ran one in as the Bucs come down on Phillip Rivers' Rams 35-13.

Game started with RG3 looking real bad while Rivers shredded my 3-4 packages until the Buccs came alive with 14 in the 2nd quarter, as Demarco Murray ran for 90 yards a week after getting dominated to a tune of 12 yards.

Some defensive adjustments in the 2nd half took Rivers from completing everything to a finish of 10-20 for 200 yds, a TD, 2 ints and a fumble. The CPU is really not easy to keep from passing all over and takes way more effort than a cpu game should.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

I lost to the CPU in OT. Those outside sweeps don't work as well as they did last year.

Screen passes are also poo poo this year. Even receiving backs have less than a 50% reception rate. I am really not liking this game. Between this and the poo poo of The Show I'm just going to hook up my SNES to play Griffey Baseball.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Screen passes are also poo poo this year. Even receiving backs have less than a 50% reception rate. I am really not liking this game. Between this and the poo poo of The Show I'm just going to hook up my SNES to play Griffey Baseball.

NBA Jam TE, the Suns with Majerle hitting 3s all day every day

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

NBA Jam TE, the Suns with Majerle hitting 3s all day every day

That's funny because that's my team.

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

jabro posted:

I haven't had any problems with screen passes this year. They're not as good as the last game, but I've still had success in online games with them.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Cardinals beat the Giants 20-17 with last second field goal.

Giants QB Blake "BORT" Bortles completed 12 of 13 for 229 yds and 2 touchdowns, a perfect QB rating for the perfect QB??? (AI QBs are hell of accurate, my secondary are garbage people, and he had Jordy Nelson and Roddy White to throw to).

Cardinals QB Case Keenum completed 18 of 26 for 211 yds 2 TD. Pretty good but not Bortles numbers I guess.

Marshawn Lynch got 23 carries for 97 yards. Jimmy Graham caught 5 passes for 84 yards and a TD.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

That's funny because that's my team.

I grew up bandwagoning the suns because my grandpa would take me to suns games when we would see him in arizona. The other alternative... The Timberwolves... shudder

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Saints lose to the Cleveland Browns 13-10 after Ryan Succop shanks a 50 yard fg wide right. Tom Brady really tore me up, but not converting 3rd downs really beat me in the end.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
wait, is losing to the CPU a thing in this league?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

Apparently so! Shouldnt be though unless someone doesnt want to replay the game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

The Piper posted:

I've only played other people online and the CPU isn't vulnerable to what broke it last year anymore. Also I had no desire to replay the game. *shrug*

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Replaying a game is dishonest IMHO

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_I posted:

Replaying a game is dishonest IMHO

To be completely honest I'd rather users get the restarts in than risk playoff spots to the CPU. CPU teams should not be in playoffs, it really takes a lot of the fun out of the post-season if a goon gets screwed by Madden Things (bad fumbles, CPU I Win bullshit) during a CPU game and has to miss a playoff spot.

It's happened in previous leagues and really deflates the experience for some people.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 5, 2014

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

Dubious posted:

To be completely honest I'd rather users get the restarts in than risk playoff spots to the CPU. CPU teams should not be in playoffs, it really takes a lot of the fun out of the post-season if a goon gets screwed by Madden Things (bad fumbles, CPU I Win bullshit) during a CPU game and has to miss a playoff spot.

It's happened in previous leagues and really deflates the experience for some people.

I agree. I absolutely hate playing against the CPU because I think it's a waste of time, so I tend to supersim the bulk of the game and I take over when I need to get the lead back. Sometimes I do this too late and I have to restart to do the same thing.

Taking away the ability to restart would take my 5-10 minute experience into a 30+ minute nightmare. I'd probably just drop the league.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
I guess I'll just restart from now on then, you guys try beating that Brown team though! Chris Johnson just blowing through tackles and Clay Matthews ripping the ball out of your hands, the horror.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I had to restart the first game against the Chargers a bunch, but I've since gotten a lot better at passing the football and didn't have to replay against the Giants. I played a ton of MUT between the two games.

The skills trainer is also really nice.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Bonham posted:

GG Havoc. Oilers take it 34-17 I think.

MVP: Ryan Shazier with 3 picks and a TD

LVP: Derek Carr and his 64 passer rating fracturing his arm while running out the clock on a read option.

Get ready for the Weeden experience folks

Why the hell were you doing a hurry up offense with 2 mintues to play and up by 3 scores? I didn't really understand your thought process there.

I had fun playing the game though. I got a little frustrated when your first two drives consisted of the same HB Draw out of shotgun play 10 out of 12 plays, but I started learning to shut it down better by bring safety help. I also realize that you have Derek Carr as your quarterback, so your team is built around running, but it would have been nice to see some run plays outside of the HB Draw from shotgun.

Let me know if you ever want to play an exhibition game, obviously I could use some more practice against your style of offense. It would be fun to see how you play with a competent quarterback as well!

I think at one point in the game we had three consecutive plays where I threw an interception, you threw an an interception and then I threw one right back to Shazier. You also did a great job of scoring that huge touchdown catch and run with your first play of the 3rd quarter. That really blew things open and I couldn't catch up from that point. Outside of being confused by your hurry up offense late in the 4th and the plethora of HB draws (they were working though), I had alot of fun.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Havoc904 posted:

Why the hell were you doing a hurry up offense with 2 mintues to play and up by 3 scores? I didn't really understand your thought process there.

This is severely frowned upon.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
war...war never changes

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

:siren:Season 1 Week 2:siren:

Matchups!

(More effort to come later, at work)

Advance scheduled for Sunday, September 7th, unless all games are in before. With only one user game, that's a high possibility.

Colts narrowly defeat the Eagles 21-16 in a game where Josh McGown turned into Peyton loving Manning and missed only three throws the entire game, and both were almost sacks and one deflection.

Ryan Fancyfeet Tannehill throws for 265 and 3 tds on the game.

The QB sliders are wayyyy out of whack, there were times I would plow right through the line on a snap and the QB would already have his receiver's pass in the air before I can touch the QB. The cpu tends to lose on bonehead plays, like when they went for 4th down right before the half even though they were in chip shot FG range. They of course did get an onsides kick given back to them at the end though....

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
So I don't know much about our x-box players... Who is supposed to be good?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea we may have to evaluate sliders for cpu qbs. It was a miracle that i held Rivers to 10-20 because i had to drop pretty much everyone into coverage

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Crap I didn't book mark this and wanted in, but forgot to check the thread. Can I get in on week 2 even though I didn't draft?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

Crap I didn't book mark this and wanted in, but forgot to check the thread. Can I get in on week 2 even though I didn't draft?

People can join up whenever. League name sasdraftfl, PW is gooneball i
think. If PW is wrong its posted on the first page of the thread like 3 posts down

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So man this team I inherited I should have been there for the fantasy draft to draft players to my style. Holy crap. I need to make a trade or two do you just put the players on the block in game or announce in thread or both?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

waah posted:

So man this team I inherited I should have been there for the fantasy draft to draft players to my style. Holy crap. I need to make a trade or two do you just put the players on the block in game or announce in thread or both?
Why don't you check out the rosters of some of the teams without owners and re-choose?

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Havoc904 posted:

I had fun playing the game though. I got a little frustrated when your first two drives consisted of the same HB Draw out of shotgun play 10 out of 12 plays, but I started learning to shut it down better by bring safety help. I also realize that you have Derek Carr as your quarterback, so your team is built around running, but it would have been nice to see some run plays outside of the HB Draw from shotgun.

Let me know if you ever want to play an exhibition game, obviously I could use some more practice against your style of offense. It would be fun to see how you play with a competent quarterback as well!

I think at one point in the game we had three consecutive plays where I threw an interception, you threw an an interception and then I threw one right back to Shazier. You also did a great job of scoring that huge touchdown catch and run with your first play of the 3rd quarter. That really blew things open and I couldn't catch up from that point. Outside of being confused by your hurry up offense late in the 4th and the plethora of HB draws (they were working though), I had alot of fun.

Honestly for most of those runs I was just choosing from the 3 shotgun runs that madden kept throwing up there. I've been having a mini rage stroke every time I have to X out of the madden plays and overshoot the formation I'm looking for because of the retarded menu animations and lag. So I admit I was being a shithead running all those plays, but they were all direct handoffs instead of draw delays so I don't really consider it cheesing more than running a lot of inside runs out of ace formation.

I don't remember if I was doing a hurry up on the last drive- I've noticed the chew clock thing doesn't work when I want it to so I didn't really think there was a difference between running and kneeling. Are you sure it wasn't that bug where your playcall screen flashes and then disappears so it looks like the other guy is running hurry up? That happened to me a few times during the game when it wouldn't have made sense for you to be running hurry up.

Either way sorry for being frustrating, if you're in the other league I have Rivers so it will be a much more balanced offense.

Bonham fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Paperback Writer posted:

Why don't you check out the rosters of some of the teams without owners and re-choose?

That's too easy. I can make the chefs work just need to rewrite an offensive playbook to fit the team I have. This garbage offensive line and Matt Glennon should be fun. Also, the drafted defense for the chefs is absurd.

Also guys why does Tony Romo have a 58 yard long run that is currently the longest in the lead. :psyduck:

Edit game recap:

9-3 win Chiefs over Broncos. Neither team decided offense needed to be played as a rock fight ensued. Drew Brees saw pressure from all over and his few completions were short passes. Matt Glennon used his giraffe neck miss wide open receivers causing two interceptions as the defense bailed him out.

waah fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 6, 2014

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

well I'm glad you picked the AFC West, wasn't going to play a lot of humans.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Down to Jabro and Rabid Snake left

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

gently caress it, joined as the Native Americans.

Edit: Eek! Trade me a wr and some ol help!!!

ForbiddenWonder fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 8, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It's advance time. Ill effort post later tonight when im at my computer.

3 user games on tap:

Yuzenn @ The Piper
waah @ jabro
goob @ dave

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lemme know when you want to play, i can go whenever.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

It's advance time. Ill effort post later tonight when im at my computer.

3 user games on tap:

Yuzenn @ The Piper
waah @ jabro
goob @ dave

Piper, I won't be in any shape to play after the Giants game tomorrow but I will be free most of Tuesday from 530 est on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

da_goob
Feb 21, 2012

davecrazy posted:

lemme know when you want to play, i can go whenever.

I should be free any time after 5 EST

• Locked thread