Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
First off the resolution is poo poo and running anything on maximum settings will shrink it to a small window in the corner of the screen. Second it makes the machine chug along and it's impossible to play full screen windowless mode. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 is a big fat lie. Anti-aliasing is also a death wish for most of these programs.

I should probably re-buy everything from GOG eventually. My XP system is out of commission because it needs a new graphics card and that hasn't arrived yet.

If Only PC's could learn from console gaming and just have things work right out of the box.... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP, I think the conclusion you ought to of come to is that even if it's not perfect, PC is still more backwards compatible than consoles, not that consoles "Just Work". Farewell.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
:ssh: gog's fixes are actually made by others. if you look around for even a little bit youll be able to find all of "their" fixes for free

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
it was probably a bad idea to read a thread originated by The Taint Reaper

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

closeted republican posted:

:ssh: gog's fixes are actually made by others. if you look around for even a little bit youll be able to find all of "their" fixes for free

I tried that last night for The Longest Journey but everything seemed to falter when I wanted full screen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

closeted republican posted:

gog is cool

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

If Only PC's could learn from console gaming and just have things work right out of the box.... :allears:

well its not like you can run xbone games on the first xbox.

and, besides, you can go buy an old computer and old games will work 'out of the box'

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

well its not like you can run xbone games on the first xbox.

Wait the Xbone can play games?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's cool how at this point i can recognize a taint reaper thread by the first 6 words in the title

gog is gay, just find a decent dosbox frontend

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Video Viddy Games posted:

it was probably a bad idea to read a thread originated by The Taint Reaper

if only there was some sort of image we could easily post to express our regret at clicking on this thread

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Fellis posted:

if only there was some sort of image we could easily post to express our regret at clicking on this thread

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Thank you.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I forgot how many lesbians are in TLJ, like it's raining lesbians.

Dec 26, 2012

lol

The Taint Reaper posted:

I forgot how many lesbians are in TLJ, like it's raining lesbians.

hallelujah

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

windows 7 refuses to run poo poo games OP

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's install a fanpatch that breaks as much as it fixes. Entire questlines are unplayable now because a door that should open doesn't. Also, inexplicable mailboxes where door handles should be.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You should be grateful for your gaming no matter what op. There are countless young men and women across the united states and indeed the world who don't even grow up with a console let alone a windows 7 PC. They have no access to the outside world except for what they hear through the grapevine from the lucky few who manage to make it out, and for some reason head back in, to share stories of what they saw. The games they play there are for real. Just count yourself lucky.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
If you need more compatibility options you can download something called the Application Compatibility Toolkit from the Microsoft website. You sort of have to know what the issue is though.

Very useful for infinity engine games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Buck Turgidson posted:

If you need more compatibility options you can download something called the Application Compatibility Toolkit from the Microsoft website. You sort of have to know what the issue is though.

Very useful for infinity engine games

Yeah, that thing is pretty dope, it makes the Magic: The Gathering Shandalar game work.

• Locked thread